Pro Wrestling
  • Course he does. Not everything, but the top level decisions. He's been writing all of Roman's recent promo's too.
  • I thought that Title match was amazing. Best triple threat I can remember seeing. Maybe not as good as the second TLC tag match but still, this was fantastic stuff. All three played a part and at the end it was Lesnar and Rollins who came out looking like the big names. 

The Rumble itself started well - loved Bubba Dudley - but they seemed to make every wrong decision possible. Deliberate or not, there wasn't much to keep the attention span going.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yes, great Triple Threat - adding Rollins into the main event spot really freshens things up.  Such great moves, that corkscrew splash thing he did was just ridiculous!

I don't think Bryan even asked for a title match did he?  He was never beaten for it in the first place.  Very annoying when obvious stuff like that gets brushed under the carpet.  Should be easy to explain away too, what with Authority not being keen on him, and him being out for 6 months, he'd need to prove himself etc.

And yeah, re: Reigns, the rumble was very frustrating to watch once Bryan was gone, with the writing being so transparent it makes it hard to enjoy it for what it is.  I did feel bad given he was put in that situation, and we learned this time last year that otherwise popular wrestlers will get boo'd for simply not being Daniel Bryan.

Mind you this Raw interview is good stuff.  Hopefully a sign of things to come.  Would be cool to hear RR renounce those cartoon promos he's been doing, saying that's how everyone said a superstar needed to act, when really all he needed to do was be his usual badass self, etc

When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • What do you guys think about cm punk joining the ufc?

Quite dangerous for him in my opinion, i know he says hes been training bjj for a few years but i dont know that hes such a high level he can get away with it. Obviously ufc know hes a draw and i think he stated somewhere they were looking to get someone the 'same experience level' but if he gets embarrased, highly likely but he could surprise use, his ufc andmpossibly wresling career would suffer as a result.
  • It's fine. He should do what he wants.
  • He's retired from wrestling. If he wanted to come back though I doubt getting smashed in UFC would make any difference.
  • Any of you sticking with the network? Im done after the trial. Though i have joined the njpw network which is awesome
  • Had it (US version) and got rid. My Main disappointment is that the production value on PPVs (apart from WM) is just the same as raw with more obnoxious advertising. I guess the rot set in when Raw became an arena based show. Anyway the narratives are also lame. 12 PPVs is kind of too many. The ebb and flow is always on a four week deadline and then it is mostly forgotten and the worst thing is most of the PPVs are kind of shit anyway.
  • What advertising?

My housemate has it. Whilst the PPV's are a bonus (no Raw and Smackdown means we still torrent that), the main thing we use it for is NXT and historical stuff. I'm currently working my way through WCW.
  • WELCOME TO ROYAL RUMBLE! BROUGHT TO YOU BY MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yeah my bro is getting rid after the trial as well.
  • downloaded royal rumble. Liked the tripple threat match. Just started the rumble when I needed to sleep. 

The female tag team match thing was hot (the women are) but they're constantly discussing the moves throughout really overtly by always hair grabbing. It looked tired two minutes into the match. 

Lesnar is a beast :D
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • So is this the worst Wrestlemania build in at least the last decade? It's fucking garbage and I'm glad I'm not going this year.
  • Im going to Raw in April.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    So is this the worst Wrestlemania build in at least the last decade? It's fucking garbage and I'm glad I'm not going this year.

The only thing I'm annoyed about is not seeing Sting. Otherwise, yeah, this is pretty much garbage.
  • Terrible build alright. They seem to have made every wrong step with the main event booking. Still, the actual line up isn't bad provided they allow the guys to go at it in the ring. The ladder match is going to be good, mizdow break up in the battle royal should be a great spot, hhh v sting should be good, bray vs taker has potential as does orton v Rollins. As for the main event - hopefully they go fast paced brawl which suits lesnars style.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Bray taker sounds like a weird one.
  • You might like this

• I thought it was funny that the hoo Haa American guy looks like rick rude.

Also, kinda ironic given that cena is in a title match with ruses this very wrestlemania.

(only saw the beginning)
  • At wm would it be good or bad if undertaker cost lesnar the title in a classic old school wwf way? (dark lights et)
  • Prefer the mania main event to have a clean finish myself, especially if lesnar is leaving. That said, I would mark if lesnar beat reigns and then Seth Rollins cashed in. Instant babyface!
    SFV - reddave360
  • where is a good place to read current articles on wwe?

wwe.com? Or are there better commentaries?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It depends on what you are looking for but I tend to go for podcasts. Jim ross is good but a little dry. Stone colds is decent as well. Then there is the mlw and law group of podcasts which have a good mix of old school (jim cornette) insider (court Bauer) and fan (Brian Mann and mate Milton). Honestly I listen to wrestling more than watch it these days.

Also for pure fun both nostalgic and modern check out the osw review videos.
    SFV - reddave360
  • If you want to read, Cageside Seats is usually entertaining. WWE.com veers from abysmal to brilliant.
  • Just put a triple on Rollins, Lesnar and Bryan, £5 get £58 back.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Just put a triple on Rollins, Lesnar and Bryan, £5 get £58 back.

Not bad for a fiver but I think you'll be out on Lesnar and Rollins. Hope I'm wrong and not just for your sake :)
    SFV - reddave360
  • how the is lesnar gonna win if he's gonna leave?!
  • Brock has re-signed with WWE. Not very excited for Mania but gonna get fucked up again and make the best of it.
  • Oh, they must have been super desperate.
  • About as desperate as UFC would have been to sign him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!