Pro Wrestling
  • Superman punch. It's more about the jump.

Out of the three I didn't expect dean ambrose to be my favourite. Heel sets isn't doing anything for me, and completely nonsenicalises 6 months of anti authority rhetoric.
  • I completely expected Ambrose to be my favourite as he's amazing.
  • The Superman punch? Really?

Ambrose is brilliant. Heel Seth could be ace, but he needs something more to do. This is sort of a re-tread of his last days with RoH, but he's not front and centre.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Right that's it. Reigns needs to evolve quickly or the perceived backlash is going to quickly become a reality. His promo's are boring, I really dislike all the military metaphors he uses..."I'm gonna assess and attack," hurrr. He has 2 less moves than Cena and one of them looks rubbish and never hits. Also I'm not digging that costume, even with the newly implemented green piping.

I know everyone says he is the perfect guy for wwe / vince but in reality most of vinces top guys didnt fall into his cookie cutter view. Reigns has the look alright but he doesnt look like he is ready for lengthy singles matches just yet and I dont think much of his promos (very much a lack of any real stand-out lines). If he is pushed too hard, its quite possible there will be a backlash.
    SFV - reddave360
  • TNA has been dumped by Spike. If this is true I have to say its for the best, its unbelievable the amount of potential top stars they have squandered there. People say WWE waste people but not being able to make stars out of Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and even James Storm is a travesty.

Of course this doesn't mean they are finished, their are a few networks out there who would probably go "Hey a 1.2 rating 2 hour TV program that produces original TV every week" could be enticing, maybe Sci Fi?
  • Does WWE not have a no compete clause with SyFy?

I really hope the rumour that they got cancelled for lying about Russo still being on staff is true.
  • Is some WWE programming on SyFy? If so then it doesn't stand a chance on there.
  • If anyone is not watching the NJPW Climax 1 tournament then I suggest you take a look, it's utterly mind blowing, I'm up to day 5 and there are already 2 contenders for match of the year.

Here's a link explaining it all, no spoilers please

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857302
  • How does one watch?
  • I'm so into this, I'm ordering that tokyo dome show in January after that. They made every single contender look like a legit threat with superb booking and surprise victories. And the icing on the cake is I know exactly who they are and what they're about, and I don't understand a word.

I must have watched about 30 hours since last Friday.

Nakamura is my boy, fucking love him.
  • Summerslam was awesome. SPOILERS

The Lesnar match was absolutely everything it needed to be, a one sided massacre. I think from this point on they'll only be having Brock on PPV's. Probably until Wrestlemania where we will face Rock/Cena/Bryan/Reigns (please no). First time I've really looked forward to a RAW in ages
  • What I hate about these PPVs (apart from WM) is they look nearly identical to an episode of RAW or SMACKDOWN.
  • Whilst I appreciated the dismantling of Cena, it was like watching a Scott Steiner match with all those suplexes. Agreed with the boring chants. Also wanted to murder the lone kid who would not shut the fuck up with his whiney lets go Cena chant.

Reading around online, I seem to be the only one who was awaiting the Bella Twins split. Tell me someone else saw that coming.

Randy Orton made me love Randy Orton again. It's been a long fucking time but I'm back on board with him again. More of this please.
  • My mate called it too, I thought Reigns vs Orton was dull as fuck.
  • The best matches were the Bella, The Swagger and the Ambrose one.

The last two matches were shit. Reigns has two modes, PUNCH or RUN AT PERSON. (and in the superman punch its RUN AT PERSON to PUNCH). Fucking terrible. The superplex was fucking boss though.
  • Someone needs to point out to the commentary team that Reigns isn't actually Superman, he just does the Superman Punch.
  • I thought the last match was awesome, really did. It was the dismantling of the top star by an absolute monster. I've never seen anything in wrestling like that before. I wasn't bothered there were no near finishes, it made Lesnar look like an absolute killer.

Props to Cena, Austin/Rock/Michaels/Hogan/Hunter would never have put someone over like that
  • All I could see was this:

It was just boring. I wouldn't have thought that Cena getting the shit kicked out of him could have been boring, but apparantly it was. The implication was incredibly interesting, but the actual match itself was fucking awful.

For full lols though, Cena should have tapped out to the Kimura.
  • Rock put over Brock huge for his first title win.
  • I've just decided that the man I want to beat Brock at Mania is Wade Barrett.

Naturally now it will be The Rock.
  • Gee Rollins and Ambrose are kicking goals, great to hear the audience was absolutely loving their work on Raw too.

Was excited for Jericho/Wyatt feud but it's been a bit of a let down - decent matches, decent promos, very watchable (I am a big Jericho fan), but it all feels a bit like a foregone conclusion, a bit by the numbers.  diminishing returns on Jericho's willingness to do the right thing with the younger guys, Bray needing a decisive win over a big name after 6 months of losing/spinning his wheels.  hopefully he can move on to something more meaningful after this.

Bit worried about how much time Brie Vs Nikki might take up!  In all honesty I haven't minded Brie Vs Steph as I reckon Steph is hilarious and a great baddie.  Brie, she seems to be very good at remembering her lines, unfortunately her lines are horrible and don't sound like a normal human talking, and her delivery is obviously not great.  she sounds like an actor playing a bad actor in a film.  she gets bit reaction from screaming foul language and slapping Steph across the teeth, which I guess is mostly due to people enjoying seeing Steph getting taken down a peg or two, so I can't imagine she'll get the same response when she does it to Nikki.  Ah well.

Miz as Johnny Cage has pretty much erased the horrible memories of face Miz from the last year or so.  and I was that sick of the bloke I never wanted to see him perform again.  Was at the Melbourne house show a couple of weeks ago, he was hilarious and stole the show, and I initially pissed off that he was even on the card.  hopefully they can mix up happy fighting man shaemus in a similar way sometime soon.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • A few things

1) The Paul Heyman DVD is utterly excellent, really hard hitting insight, it leaves a few key areas out and some of his WWE mis-steps but ultimately is a compelling watch.

2) New Japan is the hottest promotion on the planet right now. I sincerely urge any of you to check out either this years G1 Climax tournament or the Destruction in Kobe PPV's. It's treated like a real sport with compelling characters who fight with legitimacy. The style is somewhere between ROH's hard hitting striking and WWE's storytelling, it merges the best from both.

3) RAW is awful these days. I love the Dean Ambrose push, Seth Rollins being a true heel and anything involving Lesnar and Heyman, but even they can't conquer this piss poor booking. I genuinely fear for Daniel Bryans return, should he be cast into the heap of shite that is this Bella storyline.
  • I haven't watched for weeks, may as well skip between Summerslam and Rumble every year, it's always awful.
  • may as well just skip the rumble as well. Two years running and they still haven't learnt.
  • The only conclusion I can draw from doing that in Philly is that Vince enjoys actively booking against the crowd.
  • Does Vincent still book? I though hhh and Stephanie were defacto in charge. Vince barely shows up now. (although I haven't watched for month)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!