Pro Wrestling
  • These ones are always bad aren't they?
    Holding pattern between Rumble and Mania.
  • Aye, this has been piss poor.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Na, have been some good ones.

Lol Randy out.
  • Well there you go. An Elimination Chamber PPV, where both Elimination Chamber matches were utterly fucking pointless.
  • Oh dear God.
  • I mean I'm glad Miz got another title, but the timing seems weird.
  • That was the fucking worst.
  • Is this absolute desperation by Vince because he doesn't have two legit headline matches for Mania. Rotten stuff.
  • The only good thing about that PPV was at least it was short.
  • wasn't it a smart time for the miz to cash in? 

Invariably but i mean i didn't think the miz coming in to sweep up was bad 

Daniel getting to fight roman was a complete waste of time
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just googled the results. Why do they hate Drew so much. First title run ended by Borton, and now his second run ended by the Miz. 2 guys who, all respect, are past their prime in terms of character.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I disagree about Miz. He's been massively under-utilised for a long long time, and he's one of the best promos in the biz.
  • I disagree about Miz. He's been massively under-utilised for a long long time, and he's one of the best promos in the biz.

Not knocking him but... he's been around since 2005/6? His first world title is 2010. I think he is very good on the mic, no doubt and he is better in ring than some give him credit. I just think for show that is mired in seen it all before stuff, the WWE should not be falling back on Miz and Orton (who is like the miz only better in ring really) to hold titles and get fans interested. They should be putting over the younger guys who WWE should be building up... like McIntyre.

Its not Drew losing that I have the issue with, but its whom to. So many of the WWE stars have been around for ages (I know Drew was there years ago but his current run is only recent) It doesnt make me want to tune in.
    SFV - reddave360
  • They can’t hate him that much if they gave him a championship at wrestlemania.

They probably want a new goodie to beat a baddies WM.
  • They can’t hate him that much if they gave him a championship at wrestlemania.

Yeah, I suppose with all the covid stuff it feels like he hasn't had much of a run but I checked online and he did get at least 202 days on the first one.

SFV - reddave360

Apparently will lose it before wm
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Even if miz loses it I think having a baddie as champion at WM is the right choice. It’s not the same to have a goodie retain imo.
  • The Big Show has signed with AEW. Have no idea what capacity itll be in.  I wasnt even sure if he could wrestle at all, these days.
  • He can wrestle, he challenged Drew after Mania last year, and then fought Randy Orton. He was on Legends Night which was like 6 weeks ago?

The reveal pic had him in a suit, so it might well be non wrestling. Judging from his comments on Austins podcast, I suspect that if he is going to wrestle it will be a Brock style special attraction.
  • The press release says he's joining commentary on the "new YouTube extension aew dark:elevation". Whatever that is.

It might say in the press release but it's long and I can't be bothered reading it.
  • Unforgiven 2000, Stonecold just comes out and hits Shane with three stunners and drinks beer with the crowd for 20 minutes. They fucking love it!
  • Despite the rubbish explosion I was entertained by the follow up. Omega and Moxley were tremendous. AEW is a real fun wrestling show at the moment.
  • On a side note the lockdowns have got me into other wrestling promotions as see as there’s little else to do. Noah has been great recently and Stardom for me was the best wrestling product of 2020. I’ve also ploughed through a 10 hour YouTube video of Kenta Kobayashi’s Triple Crown title defences.
  • i'm plodding on with the wwe ppv's. I'm upto the end of 2000. Looking forward to seeing a fresh faced Cena in a year or so.
  • That time around 2000 was fantastic, maybe a year or two either side.

The whole who done it around who ran over Stone Cold.
    Stone Cold vs the McMahon family.
    Commissioner Foley and some of the wildest matches ever.
    You had the TLC match which brought together three of the best tag teams ever. In fact it was a strong era for tag teams in general, there were at least 5 decent ones.
    The Brothers of Destruction!
    6 man Hell in a Cell.

Great stuff.
  • i'm currently slap bang in the middle of who ran over stone cold
  • LivDiv wrote:
    That time around 2000 was fantastic, maybe a year or two either side. The whole who done it around who ran over Stone Cold. Stone Cold vs the McMahon family. Commissioner Foley and some of the wildest matches ever. You had the TLC match which brought together three of the best tag teams ever. In fact it was a strong era for tag teams in general, there were at least 5 decent ones. The Brothers of Destruction! 6 man Hell in a Cell. Great stuff.

Its also the time period used for WWF No Mercy on N64. Hell of a good roster in that game.
    mk64 wrote:
    i'm currently slap bang in the middle of who ran over stone cold

Do you know who the guilty culprit is? Because if you dont, you are in for a surprise.
    SFV - reddave360
  • No Shane tried to make out it was Blackman and they all got stunnered
  • :D

Yeah that happens a fair bit from memory.
  • mk64 wrote:
    No Shane tried to make out it was Blackman and they all got stunnered

OK, before you get to it have a guess who it is.

You're wrong.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!