Pro Wrestling
  • Although it's going to happen the idea of Goldberg vs Lesnar as a title match is utterly ridicolous, it's a match that doesn't need a title thrown in. The story they've built up between Jericho and Owens is way more compelling plus at their biggest show of the year surely they should be pushing their emerging talent more (Owens not Jericho obviously). I know the big name marquee matches are more appealing to the casual fans but it's time they stopped catering so much to outsider eyes and concentrated on making a more solid card that concludes longer running storylines.
  • Anyone interested in Brock-Bill is already going to tune in. No one is sat there thinking, "well, I won't bother if it's not for the title."

So whilst they are there, they can look at that Chris Jericho chap they remember, putting over Kevin Owens, and then get invested in the product again.
  • surely the main thing being set up for WM is Cena winning the championship for the 17th time and breaking the record? 

I'd like styles and owens to be the main cards, they're the best (AJ technically, Owens promos) at the moment. Jericho is my fav but only because he's so hilarious. 

The way they are bigging up Strowman on commentary makes me think Strowman could be set up for a long reign at the top. God knows what they will pull out vs Reigns now after he massacred him after the Big show fight. Tbf - Strowman showed some real athleticism in that match! 

I don't get Ziggler at all..
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • In a tag team match with Nikki Bella against the Miz and Maryse?

Yeah, I doubt it.
  • what a waste.. no one really cares about nikki and maryse and the miz hasn't come close to winning a match in yonks. When are they gonna bump Baron up a bit? He looked like he was on a roll but from rumble to now he's been tossed around like salad.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • People for some fucking reason care about Nikki, and the Miz is one of the hottest heels they have right now.

They've stuck Corbin in a dead end feud again, I'm half expecting the Ambrose thing to lead back to Zigger.
  • the miz isn't a hot heel - he never wins!
  • Although it took ages to get him to the main roster I think they've done a great job with Samoa Joe so far.
  • mk64 wrote:
    the miz isn't a hot heel - he never wins!

Miz is the perfect stepping stone heel for me. He has a great gimmick and plays it up well, he can take losses and losing to him after all he has done isn't that big a knock back either. He was over pushed to main event but at his current level I think he is perfect - kinda like a modern day Honky tonk.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Na, he's perfect in the main event, you just need to not book The Rock in his feud. People hate him - it's like when JBL was champion. It's difficult to generate proper heel heat these days, and The Miz is so adept at doing that.

Should probably go into a feud with Roman and maybe Roman would get cheered.
  • Even miz ain't that good
    SFV - reddave360
  • Should probably go into a feud with Roman and maybe Roman would get cheered.

Miz is undoubedtly great at generating heat and getting peoples heckles up but he isn't a miracle worker!
  • Weird raw this week. They slowly setting up strowman for a match with foley?!

No jericho meant it was far less interesting than previous weeks. Seemed like lots of calling out prior to fastlane.

Enzio and big cass to win the belts? Would love that. At least they have character compared to gallows and Anderson who remind me of demolition with out all the "what a rush" stuff.

New day presenting WM could be fun.
  • I assume you mean legion of doom with the 'what a rush' comment?
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    Weird raw this week. They slowly setting up strowman for a match with foley?!

I think Foley is scheduled to have surgery, for his hip I think so this is essentially the storyline that leads to him getting fired/suspended.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I assume you mean legion of doom with the 'what a rush' comment?

Yes sorry
  • mk64 wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I assume you mean legion of doom with the 'what a rush' comment?
    Yes sorry

S'okay. All through my junior years I thought Demolition were the real deal and LOD were the imposters.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just watched smackdown. Cena did a great promo with the miz. Set the tag fight up nicely. I blatantly fancy nikki and marysa too.

Orton doing a uturn out of nowhere was a bit random.

I like ambrose again.

Aj's match seemed weird. Why restart the match only to take a hit and then in the ring he wins anyway? What's the accomplishment there?
  • MK I love your analysis
  • They seem to be doing a lot of things weirdly.

Perhaps if it was a real fight a guy who won but didn't because of a leg on a rope would still eventually win.

It may that some sacred cows are worth sacrificing to keep future results interesting (like the fact they've given the win to AJ is unorthodox relating to normal wrestling logic. It means the next time something similar happens you aren't snoozing to an inevitable conclusion).

Like Goldberg smashing brock or bayley winning the title on raw.
  • It's to build to AJ vs Shane somehow, unfortunately.
  • Yeah, fuck knows why.
  • How do you know that? From the kick?

Jesus I'm terrible at working out what's really happening. It's just a soap for christs sake.

Btw at mania which title match is usually more coveted? Raw or smackdown belts?
  • It depends on the wrestler. I think it's mostly been the raw title but at the moment hard to say. Owens hasn't got enough push as a world champ (and he deserves it) and bray is a constant loser at mania.
    SFV - reddave360
  • do they usually make one heel win a main belt and one face win one?
  • The last few years there's only been one champion.
  • mk64 wrote:
    do they usually make one heel win a main belt and one face win one?

Not always, benoit and Eddie were champs at the end of mania.

If lesnar and Goldberg is the title match then I'd go for lesnar to win but with a respect angle at the end to turn him face. Not sure who is down to face bray.

SFV - reddave360
  • I thought orton gave up the chance and that went to the elimination which was joint won by aj and luke but then aj won in the rematch so isn't it AJ vs Bray?
  • Next week on smackdown it's AJ v orton to see who is the title contender.

This is just bananas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!