Pro Wrestling
  • That's one of the silliest plot lines. Orton wins rumble then gives it up (fuck you rumble) than is going to win it back?!? Fookin bullshit.
    SFV - reddave360
  • anyone excited about WM? 

also i've been doing some reading up on history (the decades I missed). Rick Flair is touted as being a million time champion but according to the wwe he was only a 1-2 time champion with a relatively short reign. Am I missing something? 

and who would make your list?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • He's won the NWA/WCW/heavyweight (as opposed to WWE) championship lots of times.
  • mk64 wrote:
    anyone excited about WM?  also i've been doing some reading up on history (the decades I missed). Rick Flair is touted as being a million time champion but according to the wwe he was only a 1-2 time champion with a relatively short reign. Am I missing something?  and who would make your list?

This is the least excited I've been for any WrestleMania.

As Crayon said, it's other titles he won.
    He's actually won more, but WWE don't recognise them. He considered himself a 21 time champion I believe, but in recent years has been willing to accept the WWE narrative.

This is a look at his World Title wins, and which ones are recognised, plus here is a visual timeline which is cool, but too large to embed.
  • This wm is really crap.
    Why is AJ being wasted on a non wrestler? Why is undertaker wrestling? Why is cena in a mix tag match where one of the women isn't even a wrestler really? Why is the women's match a multimatch again?
    Why is brock lesnar?

Whole thing is lame as fuck.
  • Why is brock lesnar?

This made me laugh more than it should.

The answer to all is, because fuck you basically, WWE don't care about the people who watch every week for this show. To take them one by one.

Why is AJ being wasted on a non wrestler?

I'm not really sure on this. It looks like they are moving AJ to Raw, but there were other ways to do that. I never want to see a McMahon wrestle ever again, I'm tired of their bullshit, but I guess older fans who don't watch any more will be interested because "Oh he's the chap that does all the stupid stuff." Shane will do some stupid bumps, and AJ will drag this to a far better match than it deserves to be. People will argue that there will be more spotlight on AJ as a result of facing Shane, but I'd argue back that you could achieve the same thing by putting him up against a genuine top star. Like say, The Undertaker. Which brings us to...

Why is undertaker wrestling?

Because it's WrestleMania. No seriously, that's it. Why is it Roman, and why this way, god knows, beyond Vince thankfully cooled on Cena, and needed someone else. Oh you've structured these questions helpfully.

Why is cena in a mix tag match where one of the women isn't even a wrestler really?

Because the Taker match fell through, and the WWE wants to make something of Cena and Nikki's relationship given Total Divas/Bellas. A Cena-Miz match would be far, far better (I'd argue Miz is Cena's best opponent), but for reasons I will never comprehend, Nikki Bella remains inexplicably popular, and you have the dreaded mainstream appeal because of the Total shows. Maryse is at least a former Diva's Champion, even if she hasn't wrestled for the best part of a decade. This match is one of the few I'm actually looking forward to.

Why is the women's match a multimatch again?

I'm not sure which one you mean, because both are. Alexa will be facing Everyone, because Naomi's injury threw the plans into chaos, and this is apparently the best they came up with. On Raw a shitshow of booking has led us here. I thought it might be to keep the streak going, so Bayley could pin Sasha instead of Charlotte, but then they thew that away on Fastlane for seemingly no reason. This is a nonsense match.

Why is brock lesnar?

This match is the crown jewel of turds in a turd laden show. Why is this happening? Why is it for the belt? Why is Brock rumoured to then hold the belt for an entire fucking year, to face Roman 'still not a fucking heel for some reason' Reigns? Answers to all these questions and more will not be answered at WrestleMania. Bless Paul Heyman though.
  • I don't like the way you are talking about my client.

Surely if it's a good match it will potentially be an interesting feud to look back on? Also Brock is creeping up the total time ever held with the WC belt.

I think the best match will be Roman vs Undertaker then AJ vs Shane. I would've liked to have seen AJ vs Orton or AJ vs Bray more though.

Hang on.. who's strowman facing?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • There is about a 1% chance of Brock-Bill being a good match, and even then it's likely to be entirely accidental. Brock is nowhere near longest time held. He'd have to double it just to get near Cena's WWE title reigns, before we even think about his World Heavyweight reigns. That still puts him about a thousand miles behind Backlund and Hogan, and about 10 million behind Bruno.

The best match is almost certainly going to be Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho. There has been a long term story building up to the match, both are brilliant in ring storytellers, and among the best wrestlers in the company. After that Neville-Aries, and then probably Cena/Nikki-Miz/Maryse.

Braun doesn't have a match yet, but rumour is he's going to be inserted into the Taker match, which might make it a little more bearable.
  • I know he's no`where near sammartino or buckland and co but in the modern era he's higher than quite a few superstars. Another year reign would see him jump from 9th to 6th in the all time charts with only cena having more in recent times.

I think Jericho and owens will probably be the best but then I love Jericho, he's fucking hilarious.
  • That's the just the WWE Championship though. If you look at World Heavyweight Championships as well (Brock never held that) Triple H goes to 1228, Randy Orton to 735, CM Punk to 623. Orton is likely winning at Mania too.
  • In the end the heavyweight one became the intercontinental risqué Daniel Bryan, seamus and jack swagger one.

Did brock have it by having the unified belt?

I think he had it one day before they ditched it :) and that was simultaneous with the other championship.
  • Its all a bit messy but Brocks first belt was the undisputed World Title (WWE & WCW belts)  but by that point it was represented  by a single belt.

After the first brand split, Raw got the Big gold belt in the form of the World Championship and Smackdown got the Undisputed Title (which became the WWE Championship)

These 2 titles were later unified after the end of the brand split before turning into the single WWE Championship, which is currently held by Bray Wyatt. The Raw Universal Title is a completely new title so if he wins that, it wont count towards his record.
    SFV - reddave360
  • isn't the universal title non brand specific in name and therefore equal to the other? weird having two main titles under two separate brands when it's basically one company )
  • Yeah, the title on Raw is technically the WWE Universal title. I'm guessing its so they can flip champs during draft season. I dont mind the two main titles per show but they need to be held by the big players. The top guy should be the guy who gets the main plotlines and matches (not necessarily the most TV exposure) but even know Cena gets more love than Bray and Owens had great matches but I dont feel he was pushed as a world champion should be.

Just on the topic of Owens and Jericho, I think they will be the match of the night winners - unless they dont get enough time. Manis has a funny history of giving some matches very little time and these guys need / deserve  20 minute match.
    SFV - reddave360
  • what do we think will be the quickest match?
  • Lesnar v Goldberg?

Seriously, 5 minutes of actual bell time with lots of ballyhoo before and after.

Or.... maybe the andre battle royal. Stroman clears the ring in record time.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    what do we think will be the quickest match?

Lesnar Goldberg obviously. Goldberg has wrestled so far for a combined 5 minutes, across 3 matches. The entrances will last longer than the match. God it's going to be a shitty ending to Mania isn't it?
  • mk64 wrote:
    what do we think will be the quickest match?
    Lesnar Goldberg obviously. Goldberg has wrestled so far for a combined 5 minutes, across 3 matches. The entrances will last longer than the match. God it's going to be a shitty ending to Mania isn't it?

Given last years lengthy snore fest between Hunter and Reigns, I'm not sure a short exciting match is the wrong way to go. Long matches are only good if the talent can go. Lesnar can but the current style he works in the Fed doesn't go well with long matches (10 minutes of suplexes? Nah, thanks) and Goldberg is not likely to be able to go much.

I'm also not sure if it will go last. Hunter / Rollins and Shane / AJ both have a chance as they contain a McMahon. Both matches would probably be more exciting too. Orton Wyatt doesn't seem likely but it would be  a good match. The other option would be Reigns / Taker - that could be a big match if they follow up on the retirement talk from last week.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ok so where is the foley sacking going?

Also can anyone work out where/when CM Punk fits in? he's chanted for at every opportunity. Maybe will get involved in the seth/hunter match?

i'd like to see taker vs seth last if it's takers retirement match

so many 3/4 way matches, seems convoluted. Also the tag team match is a joke, every team has faced every team on raw about ten times now. Only hope Enzo and Cass win because I like their gimmick.

Jericho was interesting/fun on raw, think that could be where CM Punk comes in? KO getting a beat down, Joe turns up so CMP arrives as the equalizer?
  • So the AJ/Shane thing gets weirder. Shane shouldn't have attacked AJ until he made a move on him.

I think we have a grand total of 2 well done feuds going in to WrestleMania.
  • So Shane (the boss) attacked AJ and AJ wants a fight to sort it out? The fuck.
  • Well no, AJ attacked Shane last week, and Shane made the match at the end of Smackdown.

This week AJ was saying he wanted to apologise (he clearly wasn't going to, but he didn't get a chance to try and sucker Shane), and Shane attacked him the second he set foot in the ring. It's just dumb. Shane should have been ready for him, ducked the punch, and then beat him down. The elbow through the announce desk makes me wonder what idiotic thing Shane will do at Mania if we've already given that away for free.
  • They did it with a fake desk last year at wm.
  • Don't think I'll worry about renewing the Network subscription for Mania this year!  I've been happy enough just watching highlights packages on youtube lately.  Not sure I could bear a full 4 and a half hour event atm.

Credit to WWE though for putting out 2 quality comedy bits recently, with Southpaw Regional Wrestling and Miz & Maryse poking fun at Total Bellas.  I laughed.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • If it runs out before Takeover, you should renew it.
  • Will CM Punk be at Takeover?
  • Yes. He's going to take on Colt Cabana for the Hardcore Title.
  • How is it that Aj and Shane can go at it but foley and tripple H can't? 

I find the cruiserweight stuff so boring. I like gentlemen jack and neville is ok but the others are so gimmicky, the worst is TJ Perkins with his street fighter intro. 

also, how early did you all know goldberg was coming back? And are there any other older wrestlers who may come out of retirement? Predictions please
  • Foley is legit injured and sacked so he can have surgery.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!