PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    My only issue with it so far is that at the moment I am not uber powered and there are so many zombies about that I just can't stop and look about and soak in the world because I have to constantly keep moving.
    I spent quite a bit of time just standing on various things!
  • Really need to get back into DR3, just gives me a bit of a headache, I'm not entirely sure why. Really enjoy it but I can only play an hour or two before it starts to come on.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I got as far as finishing Chapter 7 within the first 7 days (to get the 'achievement') and finally got around to finishing the final chapter, Chapter 8, today.

11672409086_cedc6735a0_b.jpg
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Been playing this again today, I am loving it!

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I hit lvl50 on this last night and it has surprised me how much I like this game, especially seeing how I didn't really care for either 1 or 2.

So glad I persevered with this after my initial shaky start.
  • I’m rubbish at games like this but am enjoying it immensely so far, despite only just reaching the point where I’m meeting other characters and building my first vehicle.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wasn't a fan when I first played it but I love it now.

The first psycho I met (the one in the Zen Garden) was an absolute bastard when I only had 4 blocks of health and it was only a mate joining me in co-op that actually made me play it again. Since then though I have completed it in co-op and I am now doing one last solo run to top out my abilities before doing a nightmare run.

One tip is use your posse (also grab the ability that means the survivors don't die and instead return to a safe house if they 'die') as that really helps, also give them a decent weapon that matches their abilities. I generally give a split-gun to those with a good range and any fire or electric based combo weapon for those with a poor range.

The other useful thing is that by spending your attribute points on the icons across the top of the screen you can craft certain objects without needing specific items, items from within the same group will act as a sufficient substitute.

I have just ordered the BradyGames guide for this and I'll hammering it this weekend!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Clocked a couple more hours on this yesterday, after only having played two short sessions over Xmas. It's great fun, but I'm still a little lost/overwhelmed by the size of the map. Early days I suppose. I felt Nick was a bit bland/generic (certainly compared to Frank), so I gave him some geeky glasses and a kiddies frog jacket, and his true 'self' appeared. lol! Now he fits his whiney personality.

I keep forgetting its coop as well. I really should give it a whirl. My hesitancy is teaming up with someone who's over-levelled and minces through the crowd while I'm stood there holding my handbag or some such.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the motion blur used when rotating the camera. Spoils the graphics. Maybe its a technical restriction thing, I dunno.

So yeah, enjoying it, when I remember to play it.
  • How does the persistent leveling thing work; when I finish a game, I can start a new one with the same character? Is there a way like DR1 to stop whenever you like, and start from the beginning, keeping your character intact?

If I replay individual chapters, does that still boost my character for when I return to the main game?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yes you do Elm, I've just finished my second playthrough and will now start a Nightmare run as my character now has all the attributes.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Title Update

Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
    Various Stability Fixes.
    Various Performance Improvements.
    Online Stability improvements.
    Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
    Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
    Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
    Some improvements to item pickups.
    Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
    Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
    Fixed some mission scripting issues.
    Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
    Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
    Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
    Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
    Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
    SmartGlass stability fix.
  • Yeah but the title update is 13gb !!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Word on the street is that this isn't just a case of dropping 13 gig on top of the data already present, and reworks some of the code already on the HDD. Still gives your broadband a hammering though, can see a lot of unlimited plans being taken up this gen.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Is this the start of Steam-style updates, wherein DLC is added for everyone, meaning that when it's bought you can jump straight in without waiting for another big download?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jesus. And is it a mandatory update? Hardly the most graceful way to handle. Makes me glad I'm getting a fatter iPipe next month that's for sure.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    From what I gather it isn't mandatory as I'm sure I saw a piece where the dev said it is in your interest as it will run smoother.

What has surprised me are the people that are moaning about this which a. have the bandwidth and b. don't actually own an Xbox One. Yes these people are still out there.
  • Yeah I don't get that, if you don't have unlimited then its a problem I kind of understand. Speed wise surely leaving it overnight again is a little annoying but I'm sure we've all done that and survived. Otherwise at the most its only mildly annoying such a thing is so huge isn't it? If even that? Background download should mean its done it already and you may not even know. Does it really matter so much?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mine was done through background loading, I got home this evening turned on the XB1 to see and waited about 20 seconds while it installed it. No drama. No waiting. No nothing.

In fact I wouldn't even have known the size had the internet not exploded about it.
  • So , I've got an Xbox One , Dead Rising 3 and unlimited download and BT Infinity and I'm not allowed to moan about a ridiculous 13gb download ?

Fuck off !!!

How about the update with out the DLC ? I'd prefer to download it when I've fucking bought it or is that too much to ask ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Why would you want to waste the time and fill your hard drive if you don't intend to buy the DLC. Saying this is OK now is going to make this gen extremely shit. The more people moaning about it the better.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    So , I've got an Xbox One , Dead Rising 3 and unlimited download and BT Infinity and I'm not allowed to moan about a ridiculous 13gb download?

Fuck off !!!
    Re-read my post, there were two specific facts.

1. Having the bandwidth.
    2. Not having an Xbox One.

You've already said you aren't in this particular group but of course you are free to wish for and say whatever you want.
  • I can't see how anyone can defend this bullshit (13 gig f**k off).
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • I'm not defending it I said its a bit shit but I just don't think its as massive a deal as its being made out to be. When you've finished the game then delete it all off your HD. Or do people keep all their games and keep em all on the HD in case they ever wanna play em?

I'm not saying its great Im just saying its really not that bad is it? If it was every game then so be it, but its one game which they rushed for launch with a number of issues they've now tried to fix. Isn't that kind of a good thing? Yeah of course it'd of been good to have it all sorted before launch and this wouldn't of been necessary but they didn't have time and I had another good game to play at launch.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think it's the fixes people are moaning about, it's the DLC that they have to download with the update.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Its a dual layer DVD basically. That does seem excessive for an individual, mandatory, upgrade.
  • I don't think it's the fixes people are moaning about, it's the DLC that they have to download with the update.

And again I agree its a bit shitty and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just don't get why its such a big deal. Its already downloaded on my xbox, a 20 second install awaits next time I play, if when ok done with it in a few weeks I want the DLC its there, if not it'll all be deleted. A little later on if HDD constraints are a problem then it'd piss me off a little more but for now it just seems a bit over the top from the internets.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What is the problem, the size of the download or the size of the download sitting on their HDD?

Also has anybody checked out whether it is mandatory?
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Yes you do Elm, I've just finished my second playthrough and will now start a Nightmare run as my character now has all the attributes.

Excellent; I was just thinking about going back a chapter or 2 and re-running them.  From what it seems to say, I'd lose my progress and restart my story from the chapter I select, but keep my character as he is.  Good way to level up a bit if you find a chapter with decent chances to gain PP.

Unfortunately the new, evidently-maligned update stuck me with the jammed-update bug, so I've deleted it and am reinstalling... I'm hoping it's smart enough not to have eaten my save!!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Anybody know when the DLC lands, I thought it was today?
  • According to the Twitters, it's a known issue that Cappy's working on right now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!