Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    The first Dead Rising is and always will be the best, by a mile. Absolutely cracking game.
    Agreed. And a real next-gen vibe at the time what with all those zombies.

There was a video showing that the first game had more to the physics engine than 4, more dismemberments etc.

It's a shitty trend in gaming to be fair. There's a streamlining of features in loads of series, Morrowind had loads of stuff cut from it for Oblivion and Skyrim, there's a video showing how much better the physics engine is in Far Cry 2 compared to 5.

The push to make things look a little shinier over adding more fun systems and engines is a fucker.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I have Mod to thank for making me persevere having initially bounced off it.

You absolutely have to let yourself die and keep the xp and start again at least once. It was a tough lesson to learn
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • One of my games of that generation. I liked the timer and the psychos although the one save block was a nightmare. I so very nearly had to start again as I didn't have enough time to beat the girl on the motorbike. When I finally managed it, it became one of my finest gaming achievements.

I'd love a remaster.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • DR1 was definitely the best of the series, though DR4 is very accessible.
  • I think I pretty much enjoyed all of them even 3 although the main protagonist wasn't very likeable.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!