CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Which setting downloads that shit while it's off?
  • Ouch!   Having now moved into the sticks my broadband averages about 1Mb if i'm lucky, this download will take ages...  wish they had a facility to download the update from a website when I am at work or where it won't take forever and then allow me to dump it onto USB stick and update when I get home without the huge download.   I'm on an unlimited plan but when bandwidth is so low and i'm a skin flint that doesn't allow background downloading this hurts a little.  That being said I got the season pass so am happy its DLC and patch in one...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I can't wait to play some new chapters!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    So, yeah. Mine was a serious question, not a moan. Which of the power settings downloads while it's snoozing?
  • Instant On does the auto download.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd definitely recommend completing this before starting Untold Stories, I'm loving seeing how this first episode ties in with every thing I have seen throughout the game so far.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Fuck me that was short!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Fuck me that was short!

Really?! Any good though?
  • I keep putting this away for a few days every time I get killed.... still working up to another shot at the girlie cop boss.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I keep putting this away for a few days every time I get killed.... still working up to another shot at the girlie cop boss.

I beat her first time but only as I'd made a ton of those shot gun/machine gun combo weapons beforehand. There's loads of the necessary stuff in the station as you're going through it.
  • I'm not too far in (Mortuary) but was thinking of going back and doing nightmare mode from the off. Has anyone tried this or do you think it will be impossible before you have leveled up?

I say this as I was a big fan of 1 & 2 with the time limits and psychopaths in place, which seems to be what nightmare mode is (is that right?)

It looks and plays great, the weapon creation on the fly is a massive improvement on DR2 and the shear number of zombies on screen is impressive (I do hate all that pad shakey business though when you're grabbed).
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Fuck me that was short!
    Really?! Any good though?
    Yeah, proper short, well under an hour if you just belt through the 'main' story.

I think it is still worth it though as I love the game and I loved how you see the story from another perspective. Also the new stuff carries through into the full game plus there are side missions and 'collectibles' that I haven't done yet.

Elmlea wrote:
    I keep putting this away for a few days every time I get killed.... still working up to another shot at the girlie cop boss.
    She was a bit of 'mare first time for me but second playthrough was a charm! I went in with 5 sidekicks along with 2 of the massive Teddybear auto-guns and loads of super-powerful weapons!!!

I much more enjoyed the second runthrough with everything ranked up than I did the first.
  • I haven't been doing anything with sidekicks, they always seem to get killed off way too easily... maybe I should try that. I reckon a handful of ZARs is the way to go.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I haven't been doing anything with sidekicks, they always seem to get killed off way too easily... maybe I should try that. I reckon a handful of ZARs is the way to go.
    Give them a decent weapon (any firearm will have unlimited ammo for them) and keep telling them to scavenge and they will find food to heal themselves. I am fortunate in that I have whichever perk it is that means they don't killed, if they run too low on health they return to the safe houses so I can go and get them again. It is certainly handy at times to have 5 sidekicks helping you out!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Fucking hell, Episodes 2 & 3 of Untold Stories is out! I know what I'm going to be doing Thursday night...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been back on this the past few days, after a very long hiatus, and i forgot how much fun it is.

I've been mulling around, taking advantage of the fact there's no deadline for the actual story missions, and grabbing all the collectibles - I have all the Frank statues, destroyed all the speakers, but i'm unsure about the amount of blueprints cause the game randomly gifts them to you (is there a way of checking?). 

Anyway, I've slowly become accustomed to the map layout, which was very daunting to begin with. It's a fantastic world they've built, with a ridiculous amount of detail given the amount of buildings you can enter (and pillage).

The psycho encounters lack the imagination of the earlier titles, but there are only so many twisted ideas you can come up with before they seem ridiculous or generic. Only a minor quibble.

I do love the fact that firearms are much more powerful in this game. I've been playing it like an extreme Resident Evil 3rd person shooter.

I'm on the final day of the timeline so I imagine the end is very close. I may NG+ it if I haven't reached Level 50 by the credits.

All-in-all a great game!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I couldn't recommend NG+ highly enough!

Also the game takes on a different feel once you've unlocked all the attributes.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've already maxxed out all the useful attributes, ignoring any survivor based perks cause I always fly solo. But I noticed there's an additional set that unlocks at 50. Is 50 the max level?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    I've already maxxed out all the useful attributes, ignoring any survivor based perks cause I always fly solo. But I noticed there's an additional set that unlocks at 50. Is 50 the max level?
    Yep, it's a bit gutting as well really. The final attributes you can unlock at lvl50 are good but there is absolutely nothing to gain XP for after you've unlocked them.

I'm going to do a nightmare run once I've done the Untold Stories.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well that ending was crap. Good game though. Can't be arsed with NG+ at the mo'. Plenty of other games to crack on with.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Did you complete Chapter 8 as well?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Yeah, that was the shit bit. Got the S ending.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    Yeah, that was the shit bit. Got the S ending.
    I think I got S as well.
  • Just finished this late tonight. 
    S ending. 
    52,975 zombies mulched. 
    Didn't enjoy that last chapter at all. It was a perfect example of gameplay padding. Too long and tedious. Turned a game I enjoyed into a bit of a slog. Is it me or did some routes around the city close about three quarters of the way through the game? Forcing you to do some sections on foot. 
    Anyway the Ultimate Shout is the weapon to craft and spam when you do have to go out on foot. 
    I completed levels 48 & 49 in about 2 mins at night in one section of road with it. 

Its a pity some of the PP trials are a bit ridiculous, I.e. Use a special move like rip the head off a zombie 200 times, jeez I barely used the specials and didn't get that one until two thirds thru the game, so no way am I going to get 200 kills with it. 

Getting a large party of survivors together is a must. 
    I had 6 at one point which included some story NPCs I just failed to complete their missions with them so they tagged along indefinitely - arm them all with LMGs and you are laughing, there were several psychos I barely had to do anything to because of them. And the penultimate boss was a doddle with them in tow, but I can see him being a nightmare when solo. 

Overall a cracking game, I've been saying it since DR1 came out, but I would still like a version of this without the 7 day (or whatever it was) timer.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Really wanna finish this off after parting with it at launch as I couldn't give it the time it deserved, but car tax had to be paid this month which was £260 and I can't find DR3 at the quick play through price point.

If anybody is super done with it I'd love a weeks borrowing of it. Found it for a good price as a digital download but was too slow deciding if it was something I wanted to keep on my HDD.

I know its a big cheeky asking but...I'm a bit cheeky.
  • A friend has just begged my copy off me. I won't see that again for several months.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    A friend has just begged my copy off me. I won't see that again for several months.

Damnit! Oh well, I'll keep searching for a bargain.
  • Who's getting the DLC ? I've still played co-op but the trailer looked a right laugh
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I got it, haven;t fired it up yet, hoping its as much fun as the trailer looked :-)
  • arguably the best 7.99 I have ever spent!  Massive stupid fun,  I love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!