PC gaming.
  • Decided to stay away from fps or 3rd person stuff so started Deluvion. Sub based action RPG. Crew to manage, sub is a bit cumbersome, without being a sim.

Promising, but rough in spots and amazing in others. Goes seamlessly from 3d exterior, to pretty 2d hand drawn interior, goes from minimal HUD to using a zillion glowing gold fish to guide you. All written dialogue is in an awful font. And the map looks like its ripped from quake 2.

We'll see.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Keep the reviews coming facewon
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd buy the $5 and $1 humbles if I knew you guys wouldn't be offering the two games I wanted at some point in the future. Good lads.
  • Will keep reviews coming. Diluvion looks like it has a big 1.2 patch coming. So all points might need to have a caveat. It's currently us$20. I picked it up when it was more than 50% off from memory.
  • I just installed Blizzard's battlenet and...
    Wow, it runs like garbage. Slows the whole computer down including my whole wifi connection. Can't even browse the web with the app open.
    Should I bother or just uninstall it? Wanted to check out hearthstone and overwatch but it seems Blizzard does not have their client sorted. Meh, I'll stick to Steam and GoG.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sounds odd, never did any of that for me.
  • What are your specs hunk? Not that it should matter that much really.

I have noticed unusual blips in CPU usage with Battlenet running, and Gamers Nexus did tests with multitasking and found Battlenet to be one of the worst offenders.

2_mll-g4560-1200-multitasking.png
    Here’s Metro: Last Light between the same CPUs: Baseline, we’ve got the G4560 at about 84FPS and R3 1200 at about 85FPS AVG, with lows more or less equal. The G4560 drops to 75FPS AVG with bloatware, or about 10% performance loss. The R3 1200 drops 31% of its performance – again, because of completely unpredictable internet-attached software in the background – and bumps to a more proportional loss when we drop Battle.net.

And who knows what other software was responsible for dropping some of our frames, here. We got lucky for even figuring out it was Blizzard, because retesting the R3 1200 doesn’t always produce those dismal results – it just depends on what Battle.net is doing and when.
    I always kill the program just after launching a game, like when I play Overwatch, I'll hit the X just before the game starts. Shouldn't be having that much effect though, maybe try a reinstall. And check it's not some firewall software that's not playing nice with it.
  • Haven't noticed it be a big problem on mine. It does load slower than all the other apps (steam, gog etc) And Destiny also takes a while to kick in, but it's also a bit more labour intensive than the little indy jobbies I've been running from steam.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A quick wave for Divinity 2 again here. 90 hours in and it just keeps giving and giving. Has depth, loot, great voice acting, engaging story, lovely graphics and phenomenal combat. Buy buy buy, you bastards.
  • If you can be bothered then you could try messin with some of the settings (accessed via the top left Blizzard dropdown). Play with "Use browser hardware acceleration when available" in General, maybe disable Streaming, turn off "Scan for Blizzard games in the background every time Battle.net launches" and try "Never automatically apply updates".

Definitely sounds like something weird is going on though.
  • Kow wrote:
    A quick wave for Divinity 2 again here. 90 hours in and it just keeps giving and giving. Has depth, loot, great voice acting, engaging story, lovely graphics and phenomenal combat. Buy buy buy, you bastards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2, or Divinity 2?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Original Sin 2. Although 1 is great too. Best rpg I've played, hands down.
  • Coolio, will add it to the wishlist.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I've just restarted it today, I'm determined to enjoy it this time.
  • Haven’t been back to it since mario came out. Will try give it some love later.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • This is a little random, but does anyone happen to have Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena in their GOG library? (Or the first game, Butcher Bay, think it was included in the console versions, not sure about the PC)

It was removed a little while ago, presumeably due to publisher copyright bollocks. I really should have bought it before then. If it's in someone's GOG library I think you should be able to download an installer for it, and share it mayber?? :)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just yarr it lad
  • Aye I shall, though I was hoping to yarr it from a trusted 'clean' source...
  • My pc is a 7 yr old asus n75sf.
    2nd gen corei7, optimus gt555, 8gb ram.
    It's getting on a bit now but the tech has served me well. Will probably replace it in a year or two with a gtx1060/vega powered notebook.

The blizzard app also screwed with my router somehow. Wifi signal and speeds were considerably lower even after uninstalling the blizzard app which spammed the router with connects/disconnects.

The router seems to have recovered now. Never had this problem with Steam, gog, uplay or origin. Blizzard really, really needs to patch that.
  • Playing through Original Sin 1 EE now, having owned it (and the original) for nearly three years.  No idea why I left it so long.  It's amazing.

The level of detail in the game and that you can do almost whatever you want elevates it to be amongst the very best rpgs.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Saw my copy staring at me earlier today. Still in its wrapping.
  • hunk wrote:
    My pc is a 7 yr old asus n75sf. 2nd gen corei7, optimus gt555, 8gb ram. It's getting on a bit now but the tech has served me well. Will probably replace it in a year or two with a gtx1060/vega powered notebook. The blizzard app also screwed with my router somehow. Wifi signal and speeds were considerably lower even after uninstalling the blizzard app which spammed the router with connects/disconnects. The router seems to have recovered now. Never had this problem with Steam, gog, uplay or origin. Blizzard really, really needs to patch that.

Well that is bizzare.. Don't know quite what is happening there to cause that, hopefully it gets fixed sometime soon.

For a future notebook upgrade maybe keep an eye out for a model featuring one of these -

Intel-8th-Gen-CPU-discrete-graphics-2.jpg

In a really rather strange turn of events this week Intel announced that they would be partnering with AMD to create one of these CPU and AMD GPU + HMB memory integrated chips, with AMD handling the graphics. There was a bunch of rumors of this, all seemed to be shot down but here we are. It's thought that this is a response the mighty Nvidia.

What it means is that we should be seeing some really thin and small form factor devices that can make use of this, which could have the graphics capability close to something like the Xbox One X, according to leaks anyway. Could maybe see a future Switch competitor use this tech.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Playing through Original Sin 1 EE now, having owned it (and the original) for nearly three years.  No idea why I left it so long.  It's amazing. The level of detail in the game and that you can do almost whatever you want elevates it to be amongst the very best rpgs.

And you have the sequel to look forward to. Which is better on almost every level.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've gone with keyboard and mouse this time rather than a pad and it's a lot more enjoyable. I think.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nerd
  • Birdorf wrote:
    I've gone with keyboard and mouse this time rather than a pad and it's a lot more enjoyable. I think.

The pad support is surprisingly good but yeah, it’s still far too much hassle. Keyboard and mouse all the way for that one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm sure it's playable with a pad but really it's built for k&m.
  • Quite happy with either. Mouse control for ordering armour on separate lines in the inventory, pad for general play.

I like the search all option under pad control. That's not available for keyboard in the first game.

There was a button hidden behind a bookcase that I might have missed if I didn't have search all.

I also find it easier to split the team using pad, you have to drag them a strangely long way under mouse control.
  • I have yet to test the steam controller.
    Not sure how much of a replacement it is for m/k.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Am I being an idiot, I thought you could only choose the control scheme at boot? A combination would be ideal.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!