Photography thred
  • Nice work. The  I like the idea of old / cheap film stock. I have dozens of rolls of cheapo film in a bag from when you got a free film for every roll you got developed. It must be 12 years old by now. I might have to shove it in my Lomo and see what I get.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ah just reminded me- I have a lomo fisheye camera with a few shots- the films been in there since, 2009. Should be interesting finishing it off and getting it developed.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Can't get them to display properly? Utter bullshit. No I won't tell RasDam to not plug his Flickr account because RasDams flickr account is RasDams flickr account. He's not trying desperately to get people to look at a website he created.  The Icarus Line.co.uk is a fansite set up by you obsessing over some fucking band just like how you obsess over computer games on Prankster101. You know how I can tell? Because the Icarus Line forum has one solitary post in it: by you, in December 2011, talking to an empty room, just like the Prankster101 forum. You should really just go back the Edge forum. You could be the King over there, flogging your MS points in the bargain thread, with none of us complaining about you. Go on Azfar, go somewhere where you will feel right at home. An empty void.
    I took your advice, and went back to the Edge forum...

It seems like there's still a few people complaining about me.  Seems like I might not have the pleasure of talking into an empty void after all.  Which sucks.
    www.prankster101.com
  • Here is won wot I dun, a little bit of photoshop may have been involved in the making of this image. Apologies for the small size I had to grab it from my Facebook album.

18075310150095025550777.jpg
  • Wow, that's wonderful...
    www.prankster101.com
  • I like this thread!

Heres some photos from my flickr account. Random photos of stuff. Hope you like.

5764576413_7dbb9f546d_b.jpg
    5764581023_229825f804_b.jpg
    5446002979_bd94241bb5_b.jpg
    4804982387_48752c1167_b.jpg
    4805601520_d801f73328_b.jpg

More here (not pimping my account, honest): http://www.flickr.com/photos/rossmiller/
  • Nice Raptor.

4804438566_5e64ab4a6f_z.jpg
  • Ian wrote:
    I love this. Got any more?

Late reply as I'm on the road. I have some more taken from that festival. I'll put them up when I get the chance. And thanks!

• Does anyone use Instagram, or is that for hipster scum and far below the likes of us?

I like how I can take a shit photo, press a button and it becomes a great photo.

9da812e0872a11e1abd61231381b6d77_7.jpg
  • Woo today's pimp-tastic, here's some of mine! I moderated deviantarts main photo chatroom for years so picked a lot up, although never being great myself, so i anyone needs a hand just ask

lake_sorrow_by_torsadespourfoi-d2zwzdv.jpg

martin_with_lens_by_torsadespourfoi-d2zwzaw.jpg

model_what_by_torsadespourfoi-d2zqf9p.jpg

I sold my cameras a good while ago but i got a pic on my phone in switzerland, edited and posted it all on-phone back in xmas, was interesting:

cold_by_torsadespourfoi-d4k9nbf.jpg
  • In the future we will look back at this period in photography and curse the name of Instagram.
  • CNV00015.jpgCNV00025.jpgCNV00042.jpgCNV00041.jpgCNV00035.jpgCNV00032.jpgCNV00026.jpg
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • In the future we will look back at this period in photography and curse the name of Instagram.

Correct.

good photography with phones is more than possible but instagram indeed is bringing up a world of hopelessly awful photography, still, on the other hand it ofers a whole new form of capture that maybe needs time to mature. Not my bag though
  • Alose I hope you're not referring to my pics, that would be weird
  • I find Instagram fucking irritating. People take pictures of fucking taps, apply a few filters and post that shit online. TAPS. FUCK OFF.
  • It's the filters that deliberately make it look shit that annoy me. Ooh look it's gone all blurry and it looks like it's overexposed and the colours are a bit odd.

Making it look faded, blurred, oversaturated, with heavy vignetting, does not make a photo "cool".

These are problems, don't fucking add them to your photographs.
  • All Instagram is is filters. It helps wanna be hipsters wank themselves off.
  • It is the quickest way of getting photos online so there is that.

Plus Kilted Moose manages some pretty amazing stuff on it that is well beyond the realms of 'hipster wank'.
  • It's a photo-sharing website. It's not marketed at or for "photographers."

I think now that everyone has got a camera in their pocket and a way to upload them online whenever they want, blaming the platform that allows this for a wank generation of hipster photogrpahy is a bit much.

Anyway, continue the photogrpahy circle jerk, you grumpy bastards.
  • Yeah, hipsters be taking photos of pairs of shoes for years.
  • Seems like there is some unresolved hipster hatred round these parts. I'm not a massive fan of Instagram but anything that's encouraging people to get out there and take photos is alright with me. We live in a golden age of photography and the tools are more and more accessible. I think some 'purists' get upset by this in the same way that a few years ago, 'real' photographers were bashing photoshop.

People are taking pictures, it's all good.
  • Its just more visible now, that's the issue I think.
  • It's harmless enough for people firing snaps on to Twitter. I've got a nagging fear that a lot of people will regret ending up with a library of over processed photo's in ten years time though, especially when most smart-phones seem to have a good enough camera to capture those moments as they actually were.
  • Someone needs to teach me how to use Elm's wetfilm SLR cam, are you that lucky person B&B?
  • I_R wrote:
    It's harmless enough for people firing snaps on to Twitter. I've got a nagging fear that a lot of people will regret ending up with a library of over processed photo's in ten years time though, especially when most smart-phones seem to have a good enough camera to capture those moments as they actually were.

I agree as the processing seems to ruin the image quality so printing them could be problematic, it's just a fad that will pass as it already seems to be at saturation point.
  • I_R wrote:
    It's harmless enough for people firing snaps on to Twitter. I've got a nagging fear that a lot of people will regret ending up with a library of over processed photo's in ten years time though, especially when most smart-phones seem to have a good enough camera to capture those moments as they actually were.

Instagram actually takes a photo, then alters it and saves it as new. So when you take a photo with it, you get the "master" and the thing you end up uploading, both stored on your SD card (or whathave you).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Instagram is fun for people who aren't really any good at taking photos. Like me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!