Hitman - Episodic Edition
  • trippy wrote:
    Do you have to kill people?

Harry Hitman has to hit the men and women he is contracted to hit, yes
  • Now there's a case of nominative determinism.
  • It is a hitman game though, but the engine could certainly be adapted to make it more of a subterfuge game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Pretty much that
  • I love that Hitman ain't a subterfuger. My jobs always involve innocent, wrong-place-wrong-time casualties. I've never gone for the whole 100% SA route since, um, Silent Assassin (done on expert). It's just much more fun for me to ring the doorbell and have a silenced pistol waiting at head height to shoot the poor fucker who's only there because he's covering a shift or something.

Hitman's as much stealth as you want it to be, and it's the reason I love the series whereas I get completely bored of stuff like Splinter Cell.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I love that Hitman ain't a subterfuger. My jobs always involve innocent, wrong-place-wrong-time casualties. I've never gone for the whole 100% SA route since, um, Silent Assassin (done on expert). It's just much more fun for me to ring the doorbell and have a silenced pistol waiting at head height to shoot the poor fucker who's only there because he's covering a shift or something.

Hitman's as much stealth as you want it to be, and it's the reason I love the series whereas I get completely bored of stuff like Splinter Cell.

Accidental acid bath, am I right?
  • Hah, no, not yet but will keep an eye out, still got plenty to do :)
  • So many rose coloured glasses. This is so far ahead of previous games it's not even close. It's basically doing what all the others attempted but failed at.

Some quibbles with y button stylies for me, but everything else is incredible.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm so glad people are liking this. I can't se me past it as GOTY as it's the most wonderful chaotic sandbox.

Here's so many funny things like how
    Spoiler:
  • Ok, so my tactical error was only buying the frist ep on sale, and not trying it before the summer sales finished. Because the full game was half price over christmas, and now it's back to Aus$85. 

If I've bought the first ep, and get the upgrade pack, ($67) does that give me everything? Or do I need the full bundle? And if so, cheapest way to get it?
  • If the upgrade pack says it contains the rest of the levels, then that is all you need.
  • In the most surprising news of 2017, yep, the upgrade pack does exactly what it should, and tells you as such in the description; totally designed for those who bought the intro pack.

Now to work out the cheapest way to get it.
  • Spending a lot of time wondering around at the moment.

Trying poison this time in Paris. Wish there were a few more options with glasses and picking them up etc. (oh, just had an idea on how to do one bit.)

Do you have to stay once you've poisoned a glass you know a mark is going to drink it? (the dude likes that particular cocktail in the main bar, I mixed it and left it.)

• Oh, try reading. Rather poison sends em to the loo. Durrr.

Job done. Gonna snipe them both next.
  • Both sniped. Need some new ways to get to the top level of the building. Tried to kill the chick with a proximity mine in her bathroom, but apparently others use it.

• Facewon wrote:
    Both sniped. Need some new ways to get to the top level of the building. Tried to kill the chick with a proximity mine in her bathroom, but apparently others use it.

Lol.
  • If they're in her bathroom then they're in the wrong place at the wrong time, casualties of war, you need to toughen up, Face, or you're never going to make it as a dead inside professional killer.
  • oh I'm not broken up, but I'm going for good scores here, non target kills itf.

Just discovered the whole contracts lark. Fuck me this game is incredible. 

Smarter folk than me could have a good speil about player empowerment and difficulty curve in this, I reckon. There's good internal logic as to why different things are and aren't possible, but a part of me wishes they'd ramped up the OP possibilities and found different ways to counter them to keep the difficulty up.

Would be cool to be able to do an Ass Creed subtle stabby stabby in a crowd for instance. A few other things have struck me in a similar way.
  • Caved like a boss. Full game bought. Italy and Marrakech done.

Italy done pretty awesome first time. Never mind no non target kills. Fire axe to the head.

Escaped by sea plane.

Marrakech muzzer general done beautifully. Entry to swede consulate done beautifully, then it went to shit. Still, knocked the swede out with a toy tank.

Decided to crack through all missions then go back.

Can't believe how many extras and things there are. Amazing.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In Paris, I ran into a crowded room, garroted the designer in front of everyone then hid in a box. Unfortunately, they didn't just forget about me, mgs style.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    In Paris
    Spoiler:
  • This game sounds pretty fantastic - used to love a bit of Hitman, but haven't played one since Silent Assassin.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Even though you've just missed the Xmas sales, you can still buy first ep and then upgrade pack for same as the bundle.

(meaning you can sorta try before buying the lot.)
  • So, don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Writing on Games (which is awesome) gave this GotY. Linky: https://youtu.be/FbpqDNOzeDE
  • I've bought the tutorial and Paris. I didn't like it until the final training mission then the point of the game clicked and it seems pretty great. I'm a bit of a completionist for games I like though and can see all the challenges taking up a lot of time. So I'm going to kick this into the long grass until a bit later in the year.
  • So, don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Writing on Games (which is awesome) gave this GotY. Linky: https://youtu.be/FbpqDNOzeDE

Haha, he's a friend of mine, I've linked him before.

• Tempy wrote:
    So, don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Writing on Games (which is awesome) gave this GotY. Linky: https://youtu.be/FbpqDNOzeDE

Haha, he's a friend of mine, I've linked him before.

Oh, shit - maybe that's where I knew him from. Anyway, I absolutely love his stuff and, weirdly enough, the way he writes and talks about games reminded me of your film work.
  • He's a good boy, very talented. Has more time on his hands than I do, and luckily (and also deservedly) had two of his Dark Souls videos shared on big sites which got him his big influx of subs. He's also a very good musician, does all the music for his videos too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!