Gradius Rebirth - Completed
    Lost Winds 2

PS3 
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Calling All Cars 
    echochrome
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

3DS 
    Pullblox - Given up. Got about half way, not very good at it tbh and consequently don't enjoy it much despite its brilliance. 

Wii U 
    Captain Toad - Currently playing, up to Chapter 3 now. 
    NES remix 1&2 
    Scram Kitty 
    Runbow - Actually started this - yay! 
    Star Fox Zero/Guard - Just added to the list

A combination of completions and admitting defeat has crossed off a few more games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • JonB wrote:
    I hate you people for making me do this, but it's not Demons, Demon or Demons', it's Demon's Souls.
    I would've assumed Demons' without looking. Doesn't seem to make sense if it's one demon (unless it's someone called Demon).

Paul is right but I agree with you - it should be Demons'.

I like Demon's. Their your souls, you are the demon collecting them for the old one. Or maybe the old one is the titular demon, using you to collect their precious demon souls.
  • I would suggest then it should be 'The Demon's Souls', but we are talking about a series that still displayed the message 'You Defeated' on beating a boss when Dark Souls started, so that's asking a bit too much.
  • Captain Toad done, amazing game. After playing the Toad stages in SM3DW I really hoped for a spin-off and I'm glad the say it lived up to my expectations. 

Gave me a Wrecking Crew vibe, nice short and digestible stages ideal for short bursts. Like most games like that though I end up playing for hours at a time with a 'just one more level' mentality. 

One of my fav Wii U games for sure, and a must have for the system imo.

Just look at that list :-)

NES
    Zelda Adventures of Link 

GBC - via 3DS 
    Zelda Oracle of Seasons 

DS 
    Mighty Flip Champs

Wii
    Metroid Prime 2 
    Lost Winds 2

PS3
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Calling All Cars 
    echochrome
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Wii U 
    NES remix 1&2 
    Scram Kitty 
    Runbow
    Star Fox Zero/Guard 

Switch less than a week away but I've done well. Only a few more and the PS3/Wii U can be packed up with all my gaming time ready for PS4 and Switch goodness.

Those PS3 games might be given up on apart from Wolf of the Battlefield. The rest will all be played at some point... I hope!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Apart from Metroid Prime 2 and maybe Lost Winds 2, there's not much else you'll miss on that list.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Play some NES remix till Friday - you can dip in and out and get a flavour for it
  • Zeldas elf! Two of em!

Gonna give Star Fox a good go next. I hit a wall with the first on foot mission, it broke my brain.

Felt like it was trying to use a third analog with motion controls, I couldn't process it. Will give it one more go, a proper one this time.

Other than that, being realistic...

The two Zeldas and Metroid will be played.

Mighty Flip Champs will be finished.

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 I'll play with one of my mates in co-op at some point.

NES remixes might end up being played on an inevitable Switch port.

The rest... its looking like I'll have to admit defeat.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Play some NES remix till Friday - you can dip in and out and get a flavour for it

I've played them both a fair bit tbh but have no idea how much I have left.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm up for the rest of the challenge levels in Runbow at some point.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm up for the rest of the challenge levels in Runbow at some point.

Cool, would be nice to get that done.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Feck last gen what about this gen!! Or is that another thread?
    Peter3C
  • Technically it's not in the Pile O' Shame if it's current gen.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Even if a certain goty candidate has been looking at me for almost a year but due to life and battlefield mp it's still wrapped in plastic...
    Peter3C
  • Yeah, you should definately unwrap Carmageddon mate.
  • It will be done
    Peter3C
  • Star Fox Zero done, good fun in co-op.

Next up Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I might have to rope in a mate to play Star Fox co-op.
    It is impossible for me to find any enjoyment from it solo. They ask you to do three movements at once and the reality is most people can't cope with that. Most people also only have one set of eyes as well, which is a problem.
  • That's exactly how I felt mate.

In co-op it's basically that Han Solo/Luke Skywalker 'don't get cocky' scene from Star Wars.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Forget previous gen, the pile of shame I've yet to buy is getting longer. Playing Zelda and ME Andromeda, still have Yakuza to finish is off. Overwatch getting zero playtime as well.
    Want to play Mario Kart 8, Uncharted4, Witcher3 GOTY edition, Nioh, Nier Automata. That's just stuff that's already out. Prey, Destiny2, F1 2017 on the list as well. Too many games being released and not enough time to play them all.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At my time of life I have simply given up. I own enough games to do me given my sensibilities.And given the industry's propensity to create cinematic time sinks I've no desire to increase my pile. I have a few Steam games I may add to with the occasional indie oddity and I may from time to time buy a modern shmup that I won't be able to 1CC but really - that's it for the forseeable.

In fact, I'm in the queue for a classic reconditioned cabinet from the US and I may just trade the whole bloody lot in to pay for that and a nice JAMMA for shmups.

MK8 Dx though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    given the industry's propensity to create cinematic time sinks

I completed Uncharted 4 a few says ago, forgot I was actually playing a video game at times. The first three were fun but this one just felt like another one of those push up to win story games with the odd shooting segment thrown in. 

The first three weren't a million miles away from that but the ratio of gameplay to cinematic cut scenes in this one took the piss. There were numerous chapters with literally no gameplay. 

Given your tastes I still reckon you'll love Nintendoland.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye Nintendoland looks splendid.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • My pile of shame also includes a mountain of books (The Works is great for picking up sports and non fiction books cheap). List of TV shows I want to watch and movies is a mile long as well. There just isn't enough time.
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 done.

Generic as fuck twin stick shooter. Could have been so much better with a few changes, as it is there's little replay value.

Doesn't live up to its namesake.

6/10
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Runbow next, but need @Moot_Geeza to come up as we're halfway through in co-op.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Next week maybe.  After that we should get Assault Android Cactus done so I can add it to my ever increasing list in the 52 games thread.  Got two levels left of Medal of Honor: Infiltrator to go btw, definitely one of the best Commando types I've played.
  • You should have resurrected the retro club thread for that, I probably would have given it a go.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Now that I've finished Breath of the Wild I've been going through the U's library, and I've been disappointed by everything that came after the N64. The Trilogy version of Metroid Prime almost had me, but having to aim up to switch to its scanner ran my patience down within twenty minutes, and then I died and remembered how harsh pre-Halo restarts were.

I tried Mario 3D World after completing Castlevania IV, not realising at first that I was still using the d-pad. When I switched to analogue, I was pretty amazed to find that that's also a binary control method. One of the main reasons why Mario 64 was so good was its requirement to make use of the subtleties of analogue control. 3D World isn't even 3D!
  • 3D World and Land were Nintendo's attempt at trying to bridge the gap between 2D and 3D, probably because the sales of the NSMB series were ridiculously high compared to the 3D games.

In a way it worked as 3D Land is the highest ever selling '3D' Mario.

They have their fans but I much prefer the true 2D and 3D games to these, for want of a better term, hybrids.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Did you like the Galaxy games? They'd be more your thing I reckon.

Oddeysey looks to be a return to the 64, Sunshine and Galaxy lineage.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!