Currently Playing
  • Started Borderlands the Pre-Sequel tonight (co-op with a mate) and had a blast. Classic Borderlands gameplay in some newish environments. Not as good as Borderlands 2 but it still a great format. The plan is to do this and then borderlands 2 in co-op as well.

This was followed by some Layers of Fear and holy shit the bed it is scary. Admittedly, I am a pansy when it comes to horror games, even though I adore horror films, the interactivity I a horror game really gets to me. Only done the first main bit and while it does rely on jump scares, they are very, very well done. Great stuff and looking forward/utterly terrified to play more.

Sunset Overdrive also recieved some attention today and it continues to grow on me. Colourful, fun, silly and the movement is starting to click now - a surprisingly great game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This was followed by some Layers of Fear and holy shit the bed it is scary. Admittedly, I am a pansy when it comes to horror games, even though I adore horror films, the interactivity I a horror game really gets to me. Only done the first main bit and while it does rely on jump scares, they are very, very well done. Great stuff and looking forward/utterly terrified to play more.

Trying to get Dan to play that on stream but he keeps shitein it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm on a combo of Pullblox (3DS) and Alan Wake American Nightmare (PC). I'm not entirely urea why I'm still playing either, but in for a penny....
  • I'm not entirely piss either.
  • urine the wrong thread pal
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    No shit
  • It's the number one reason to come here, though.
  • urine the wrong thread pal

Read Muzzy's post above mine again.
  • Read Ram's post that you've quoted again.
  • Andy wrote:
    Read Ram's post that you've quoted again.

Ok, but only if you read Moot's post again.
  • I'm just being silly now
  • Also started Layers of Fear. Also shiteing myself.
  • Also started Layers of Fear.  Then turned it off because hovering a cursor over every fucking object in every fucking room to see whether you can interact with it is extremely tedious.
  • It gets better, the opening section was a bit rubbish but it actually gets better as it gets a bit more linear.
  • just started scholar of the first sin, never played DS2 before and throughly enjoying it so far
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Also started Layers of Fear.  Then turned it off because hovering a cursor over every fucking object in every fucking room to see whether you can interact with it is extremely tedious.

It is a bit of a drawer opening sim. The endless jump scares are a tad tedious but I quite like it.
  • Thought I'd try Tearaway Unfolded.

I enjoyed the Vita version, but wasn't sure I could be arsed with another play through, especially as it's so suited to the Vita controls. The first part is pretty dull, but once through that it's good fun again. The graphical style and music (when it's there) still add a lot, and the levels are different enough to make it seem worth while. It's probably still not going to work quite as well as on the Vita, but worth a quick blast through it.
  • Hmm.  I played the first part, which I found a bit dull, so maybe I'll return and push through to the fun at some point.  I wonder if it'll end up alongside The Puppeteer and LBP for me - full of charm but completely lacking in the essential just one more go/just 10 more minutes feeling.
  • I'm still playing Ratchet & Clank in short bursts, which is only acceptably charming, yet extremely addictive.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hmm.  I played the first part, which I found a bit dull, so maybe I'll return and push through to the fun at some point.  I wonder if it'll end up alongside The Puppeteer and LBP for me - full of charm but completely lacking in the essential just one more go/just 10 more minutes feeling.
    With Tearaway it's more just a thing to experience and enjoy the way you interact with its world in different ways, due to the almost total lack of challenge. The Vita does it better because of the way you hold the world in your hands and enter it through the touchpad and camera, but there's some surprisingly neat stuff in Unfolded too.
  • My only issue with Unfolded was the combat seemed to be a hassle. Often playing with a baby in my arms meant the light bar would never quite match up and it all then seemed very fiddly. A shame as the combat in Vita was fantastic, launching your finger up through the rear touch pad was wonderful.
  • A thread where dudes who currently play things reside. Cool. Anyone currently playing "this is the police?" up on Xbox store now.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I did about five run throughs of it on PC on its first patch.
  • Did you do that because it's awesome?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Did you do that because it's awesome?

Its interesting to begin with, but pre patches it was a bit barren and dull ultimately, a tad too RNG heavy. May well be a lot better now though. If they've managed to make it the game they wanted I can imagine it being fun for a few hours.
  • Resident evil HD remaster (Win10)
    Never played this as I never owned a Cube. Never tried it on Dolphin either. Had to buy this on a Steam sale.
    Gameplay is good, it's like a hd remix of the ps one original. Fantastic use of light and shadows, the level of detail is astounding. The layout of the mansion is much the same with some alterations here and there. Crimsonheads is wtf!!!??

SF5 beta cfn (Win10)
    Sf5 complete with improved netcode. Add ps4 dshock support and I'll buy into it capcom!

Mass Effect (Win10)
    Need to finish the trilogy. Still a good looking game considering it's age. It's got pacing issues tho, the city is quite big and I get lost in it sometimes. Which is bad because I lose focus.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Just started Fallout 4. Was enjoying having a look at the mods section but then annoyed to find out they disable achievements. Makes sense for the ones that alter the game's systems and difficulty but all I was interested in was the visual stuff so it's a bit of a bummer.
  • You really shouldn't let the achievements matter more than the experience you'd prefer.
  • You're right. That's why I've disabled mods as playing with achievements is the experience I'd prefer. I was only ever interested in some of the visual tweaks. The vanilla game looks fine to me anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!