PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gluck Dante
  • Do both, get both, leave your dumb boss in your dust.

Edit - @tigre.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Boss of place you'd not be staying not being happy is not a good reason to not apply, is it not?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Boss of place you'd not be staying not being happy is not a good reason to not apply, is it not?
    Absolutely, though he would probably be a megacunt to me for the rest of the year if he knew I was going. And it's a school in our cluster so the cut-off wouldn't be a clean as I'd like.

Will go look at the other school and check it out.
  • From your other posts over the past few months it sounds like getting away from this guy would be a good thing.

Good luck Dante. Remember to ask how many sick days you get and how long lunch is.
  • He is a full on mental. The Assistant Head job would be better (though wouldn't pay as much and would involve more travel time).
  • Best of luck today Dante!
    Can-of-sprite
  • Aye, good luck fella.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Wasn't nervous until about 15 mins ago.

Game face bro.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Don't forget to breath.

And listen to the question and answer it - seems obvious - but I sit the other side of the desk quite a bit and amazing how many people don't answer the question.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Done a group exercise  and wrote out some replies to customer messages, which they are reviewing now. Then hopefully an individual interview.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    was it zumba
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Of course I'm last.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In interview sessions I’m told that it’s best to be first or last as you’re more likely to stay in the interviewers’ minds.

Good luck with it.
  • Don't feel I did that well in the one on one interview. Find out early next week though, so not too long to wait.
  • Hope it goes well for all you guys.
  • Best of luck dude, job interviews are rediculously nerve shattering, but since it’s the same for everyone you’re ok, I’m sure you did better than you think!

I’m coming up to the end of my probabtion in my new job in a week or so, saw my boss looking at an email from HR about evaluating me. I’m really enjoying the job, so hopefully all goes well. It’s very different from my last place, which always felt like a bunch of people winging it day by day, with a major transparency on who gets paid loads and some who get about 20k. This place gets called a small company, but there’s 2000 people worldwide, and being in a department (rather than a team of one for all tech support) makes me realise what a real workplace should actually be like.

He’s already told me I’m doing a great job and told me to fuck off when I said I can already take everything I’ve learned elsewhere anyway, so I suppose I’ve nothing to worry about.
  • Good luck Jelly.
    Sounds like you are in a good place
  • Finishing up my first of six nightshifts in the hospital. My second time having a run at this, and it's a doddle. Very few jobs, me in a room with a big-ass monitor I'll look up at every few mins for new jobs, stable WiFi, coffee, sweets and irn bru. Oh, and my switch. Time and a half, too. Moments like these I reflect on the former retail life and be very thankful.

b83fb1f7cf5c1b615ae5d77a4020e925.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Genuinely chuffed for you Gav. Changing career comes with risk, so it’s splendid to see things working out.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Great to see Gav.

Impatience has made me start looking at other stuff. It's mostly dire, but I did spot a good one: Archives & Special Collections Assistant (Graduate Trainees) at the University of Glasgow. Doing the application form if anyone is free to look it over later?
  • Missed a call from the recruiter this morning, because my phone was dead. Called her back at 10 past 4. She only works until 4.

So now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out my fate.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Great to see Gav.

Impatience has made me start looking at other stuff. It's mostly dire, but I did spot a good one: Archives & Special Collections Assistant (Graduate Trainees) at the University of Glasgow. Doing the application form if anyone is free to look it over later?

Send over and I'll give it to fisher to look at
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Great to see Gav. Impatience has made me start looking at other stuff. It's mostly dire, but I did spot a good one: Archives & Special Collections Assistant (Graduate Trainees) at the University of Glasgow. Doing the application form if anyone is free to look it over later?
    Send over and I'll give it to fisher to look at

Thought this would be a good course of action. Can't wait to do all the work, get it checked over by someone who works in the that field, then get rejected with no response. Will send it over when I'm done.
  • I see you've played Job Recruity before.
  • I see you've played Job Recruity before.

:D
  • Cheers hair and temps.

This job is by no means My Calling, but it's proving very good for my general wellbeing as I tackle getting my house in order and trying to become A Real Adult (saving for car, house etc). I don't stress about work at all, I'm just laser focused* on money at the moment.

*except when Yakuza games get released
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    is it hard physically cos i could proper do that and might apply
  • It is a lot of walking so if you're not used to that, it can make yer legs ache. On the busiest days I've done over ten mile. I'm lucky in a sense cos I don't drive (and the years in retail), I'm used to walking a fair bit so I've adjusted quickly.

Tbf though there's old cunts here with all sorts up with them and they go at a snails pace. Got told off for walking too quick once? Like sorry mate it's not a matter of opinion it's fucking basic biology? Man am tall have long legs therefore walk quick?

You'd boss it mate. Positive and friendly attitude is all ya need.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!