Secret Australian Business
  • ... he could continue to enjoy free accommodation from a major party and campaign donor who runs businesses in the same city that a major department was just moved to but definitely not in a barrel of pork.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • In a disgusting move, looks like the conversion of the ABC to an IPA mouthpiece is nearly complete. Any criticism of the myth of trickle down neoliberal economics is banned.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/16/abc-removes-corporate-tax-cut-analysis-after-complaints-from-malcolm-turnbull

An accompanying news story by Alberici – which said Qantas hadn’t paid corporate tax for close to 10 years – has been rewritten and reposted.
    “Qantas CEO Alan Joyce, one of the most prominent supporters of the Turnbull government’s proposed big business tax cut, presides over a company that hasn’t paid corporate tax for close to 10 years,” the news report said.
    The Coalition is arguing that by reducing business tax the Australian economy will attract more investment and create more jobs.
    In her analysis Alberici had argued that there was no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five companies did not pay tax.

Guardian Australia understands ABC News management has been in crisis meetings for two days after the prime minister attacked the articles in question time and then wrote formal letters of complaint to management.
    The ABC said the Alberici analysis piece had been removed because it did not meet editorial standards and further information and context had been added to the news story.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • And yet, Chris Kenny spends most of his days on Twitter calling it #theirabc.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Oh, I asked about this in the society's ills thread. Give me more about tax law and such folks. Please.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    sigh

I have somehow managed to miss I think every single recent Geelong win over Hawthorn (in person); finally went to a game today and what happens?

sigh
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    sigh I have somehow managed to miss I think every single recent Geelong win over Hawthorn (in person); finally went to a game today and what happens? sigh

John Safran's Music Jamboree Season 2 material right there.

wait, or was it safran vs god?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I'm in Melbourne for this weekend. Walked from southern cross station to fucking riverview somewhere near the formula one tracks. In rain and wind and dark. 

Dressed for WA weather because it was fucking sunny at home this morning so shorts and tshirt like normal.
  • Also it's for a friend's wedding so I've flown in under the radar. Sorry melbourne chaps.
  • Motherfucker.

;) I'm on a bus to Warrnambool.
  • I'll give decent notice next time.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm in Fitzroy.
  • I'm near Albert park. Probably close ish
  • Also I've never been a fan of wa or melb for that matter, but geez it's been less than 24 hours and I can actually say I miss sunshine.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's been hella cold compared to last week, you've really arsed up the timing.
  • Who knew cold fronts worked like that.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Certainly not BOM
  • I actually really missed sunshine this weekend. I miss rain and cold and snow, but Ive never missed sunshine before. It was a really stark feeling.

I'm not sure though if it wasnt just Mebourne. I hate that city.

Had an experience this morning with a cab driver. Presumably a fellow for whom English was not his language. This isnt a criticism before you stop me, it was the way he said "please friend go". I didnt understand he was asking a second time for me to get out, after paying, because he was trying to get into the cab rank and because this took more than three seconds the cops were onto him. Wasn't even peak hour. It was verging on fear or pleading in his voice. 

Everything about that city (not the people) is pay pay pay pay fine pay fine pay ticket.

I saw two bikes on a side-street off St Kilda Rd. Chained to trees by the owners with a normal bike chain. Attached to each was an A4 sized council notice in waterproof slip (evidence of planning) notifying the bike riders that the bikes would be seized in 24 hours and that it was an offence under council bullshit code 1.23 to, and I quote, "interfere with council assets"

Over fucking trees.

I bet each of those saplings has a barcode somewhere and an associated risk assessment filed away by some officious cunt whose other role is fining people when their trees drop leaves over the fence. 

I don't understand why Melbourne residents don't riot.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hmm.  I love Melbourne and I'm missing those things apparently.  They are sharp with the fines though.  Pro-tip, never take cabs.

I had excellent coffee in the city today with excellent service, then had dinner in South Melbourne and again the staff were super friendly and chatty.  Wandered past MoVida with some graffing (do they still call it graffing) going on in the alley, all felt very homely.

I hate Sydney though.  I'll do Perth around xmas so will report back.
  • Bomber Thompson waht.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah what

Suddenly his jokes on TV about going into the frozen water business don't seem so odd

Guy is a proper tripper
  • I don't have a second source, but it looks like drugs of interesting varieties at his house. Confirmed?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Confirmed as far as I know. A bit of ice, and a fuck tonne (nearly 1kg) disco biccies
  • Ice? Guess west coast have their next coach lined up.
  • In which I yell at Telstra again while they bumble another install.
  • Not NBN I hope?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fuck a Australia
  • Cable. As per. There's issues. And they drip feed data to a dongle until it's up. Lol.
  • Facewon wrote:
    In which I yell at Telstra again while they bumble another install.

Still going. I'm trolling them on twitter because I'm on hold.
  • I've driven from Kensington to Glen Waverley on hold with Telstra. I might make it home again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!