Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Any Xbox Nightfallers around tonight?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Any Xbox Nightfallers around tonight?

Maaaaaybe
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just got this and am loving what little I've played but don't have a clue what's going on. Is there a decent guide anywhere? Google throws up millions.
  • Not sure about guides, but maybe I can throw some ideas your way. Anything in particular you wanna know?
  • Mate,

Can you just jump in to a public event even if it's kicking off already? Are you then taking their points and loot etc or does it share them out?

Playing versus I'm lowest level, am I wasting my time with my shit guns or does it not make a difference there?

If I go over the same area say on earth more than once will i still receive loot etc or is it a case of once been there done that?

Cheers
  • If there’s a public event, feel free to jump in - the more the merrier. However, each public has a trigger to turn it into a “Heroic” which gives better loot, so the first time you see an event you might wanna stand back after joining and see what everyone is doing - most players know how to turn publics into heroics by now. For example:

With the Tank public on Titan, after stunning the tank some orbs will drop - pick up orbs and run them to the 3 weapon caches around the battlefield to unlock them. After unlocking all 3 (needing 6 orbs) it’ll go Heroic.

For the drill public on earth, after some time a ship will appear in the sky. Shoot and destroy it to turn it heroic.

For the injection rig, after killing each psion, the message will say to evacuate. Don’t do this! Stay in the bubble (even if you take damage) and shoot the vents which open. After destroying 3 vents...hello to the heroic!

Regarding PvP - the power of guns doesn’t matter. However, top tier weapons and armour (purples and yellows) will have perks which will give those players an advantage against you. So, you will be fighting an uphill battle. Once you start getting some purple guns and exotics, feel free to experiment as see what works. Quickplay is a great way to experiment, but I’d stay away from competitive until you’ve got a handle on what works for you.

Loot is random and will respawn. Lost sectors will repopulate if you leave and re-enter. So, it’s not a one and done thing anywhere - feel free to leave and go back whenever you want.
  • Also, you on Xbox, pc or PS4? If it’s the latter I’d be happy to jump on some time and show you the ropes.
  • Sorry I took too long having dinner Cinty.
    I think I need to learn what the new stuff they've added actually is. All this masterwork stuff and tweaked values has gone over my head.

I still wish they'd hire some real game designers to design the gameplay in the strikes and missions. If I have to carry one more orb to one more station without any resistance or tweak to how it needs to be done I'm gonna... I'm gonna.... probably just whinge some more.

Here's a freebie though Bungie. In that mission where you end up in the cool looking column room and you have to hack two stations. How about you don't put them on the map so I know exactly where to go. How about I have to hunt through the columns to find the right ones whilst also fighting waves of enemies. You know, make me work for my objective. Make me multitask.

They're lucky the guns are still fun to shoot.
  • Cheers for the info mate. Am Xbox.
  • No worries - I think, if I can remember, I’ll drop some useful PvE and PvP hints and tips in here for you tomorrow (late here now, sorry).

There are a few of us on there!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Cheers for the info mate. Am Xbox.

There are indeed!
    We even have a whatsapp group!

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Those heroic adventures on Mercury are still bobbins even with the new power level cap.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    There are indeed! We even have a whatsapp group!

Haha nerds
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Be on later Sonic if you want to Banner (Event group PvP)
  • MattyJ wrote:
    There are indeed! We even have a whatsapp group!

Haha nerds

Says the man on a videogames forum ;)
  • I had the best crucible experience in a long time yesterday. Loaded solo q into a competitive game.with 4 stack of try hards (could tell by the load out). Anyway, we banged them first round, but come the end of the round lost a player who had goosed. Fuck. So we lose the next three games, then somehow bring one back by capping the point in 1v2. Meanwhile, my flanking plays werent doing shit and I was losing 1vs Vs their best player with my hero's burden so switched to Antiope / héros / tractor cannon. My first time with tractor cannon. I play it super aggressive with Antiope, mainly trying to stop them grabbing every heavy. We do ok but our third is shit (ended with a 0.3kd) and I end up in a 1 v 4 at 0-0 with cap point twenty secs away. I'm crouching at cap point, I get one with tractor, two more behind him. Bubble right on the point, sit. The two attack, one first then the second, who tries his super, blade or whatever it's called. Zoop, tractor cannon, punch X2, both dead. The last guy is just watching me. I almost went after him, then decided to stay in bubble. Sit. He disappears. I wait. The timer has started. I wait. I wait. I wait. Bubble's gonna go any second. Titan barrier goes up. Timer is about 80% done.

Bubble goes. I'm sitting in third person rotating map and hugging my barrier. Third guy goes for it on my left. Zoop, tractor cannon, he gets pushed back 20 metres. I wave, I cap.

Broke their spirit, we won the last round for 4-3.

My set up fixed, I have to switch to mode zero on Cronus to record. I fuck up the button presses so I only capture the last 12 secs. Fuck.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Be on later Sonic if you want to Banner (Event group PvP)
    Sounds good though you’ll be carrying noob.
  • Anyone fancy some banner tonight?  I can't match Gonz's heroics but I've enjoyed steadily doing well with Vigilance Wing and hell, 6v6 control is still fun.

What's your gamertag?  And if you're tempted, PM me your number and I'll add you to the mighty WhatsApp group.
  • Elm - I'll probably be on tonight. Happy to Banner, although I also need to do 3xHeroic Strikes and Nightfall with my main dude.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Me too (@matty).
  • Elmlea wrote:

What's your gamertag?  And if you're tempted, PM me your number and I'll add you to the mighty WhatsApp group.

SonicBoomDaddy

Not fussed about WhatsApp as hard to plan games in. If I'm there am there kind of thing.
  • Anyone for Banner on PS4 tonight? Should be me, Rave and maybe Zinthos. A full party would be cool.
  • Can I interest anyone in a raid?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Anyone fancy some banner tonight?  I can't match Gonz's heroics but I've enjoyed steadily doing well with Vigilance Wing and hell, 6v6 control is still fun.

That’s my go to primary. Love that gun
  • Can I interest anyone in a raid?

Oh hi there.

(could probably get my pal knuckle in too if there aint enough of us)
  • I have another mate from my clan that wants to run thru too so if theres no interest here dante i can get you in with us instead and grab clan members to fill spaces.
  • I've got Rave, and maybe Zinthos, so that should be a full fireteam.
  • Woop woop.
    Il jump on now and see whats up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!