Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Voila.
  • You can take the Kow out of Eire but not the reverese.

Thought BF1 was alright overall, so hopeful for this, even if it looks more like an expansion than something new.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    One day BF will be good again. Maybe this one will be it. Maybe.
  • More than anything, regardless of setting/features/roadmap/whatever, it needs a smooth and stable launch and arrive in tip top condition. Instead of becoming a great game months later. By that point I can't be fucked, but Dice do it all the time.
  • I'm not convinced either way. There are a lot of changes, but it's almost impossible to see how they'll play out in a 64 player server. Lots of people are terrible at this game, they won't be doing all this new stuff at the right time.

The focus on Operations makes me a bit nervous as well, I was never convinced they got that working as intended in BF1.
  • https://youtu.be/MfzmCI9-aKY

Map reminds me of an old battlefield bad company 2 rush map.
    Day one seems to be rush too!
  • FranticPea wrote:

BF1 was good.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Nnnnggg. My initial high hopes are being dashed because to me this looks exactly like BF1 with a reskin. 
    And the small, but to me fundamental, changes to BF1 completely ruined it in my eyes.
    Ah well. 

As far as I could tell from the unedited gameplay footage above was that enemies never appeared on the mini map, not when firing, not when spotted. 
    Tanks rolling up guns blazing no one has a fucking clue that its there. Bollocks.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

BF1 was good.

It was OK, some of the maps were unbelievably awful. Battlefront awful.

• Cheers Davie. I'm liking the look of this.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Cheers Davie. I'm liking the look of this.

Me too, looks like they have paid attention to gamers and returned to bad company 2 style.
  • Only thing that concerns me so far is the changes to spotting.
  • g.man wrote:
    Only thing that concerns me so far is the changes to spotting.

Emphasis on team work means youll hsve to tell each other where they are, works for me.

'theres a guy in that house g, throw a nade in'
    'noooooooo run away' *as nade lands at feet.
  • Yeah, I should probably be more concerned that after all these years my squad now have the ability to throw my grenades back at me...
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, I should probably be more concerned that after all these years my squad now have the ability to throw my grenades back at me...
    On Battlefield 4 you could lay on them so it only killed you rather than all your squad mates and you!
    (don't ask how i know this) ;)
  • digi wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Emphasis on team work means youll hsve to tell each other where they are, works for me. 'theres a guy in that house g, throw a nade in' 'noooooooo run away' *as nade lands at feet.
    Squaded up its a bit of a issue. I.e. 
    guys by that house
    Which house?
    That house with the...
    What house?
    You know the house with the walls and the roof, oh fuck it too late. 

With randomness which is how you'll be playing 90% of the time and how I suspect most people will be playing its a next to impossible.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    digi wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Emphasis on team work means youll hsve to tell each other where they are, works for me. 'theres a guy in that house g, throw a nade in' 'noooooooo run away' *as nade lands at feet.
    Squaded up its a bit of a issue. I.e. 
    guys by that house
    Which house?
    That house with the...
    What house?
    You know the house with the walls and the roof, oh fuck it too late. 

With randomness which is how you'll be playing 90% of the time and how I suspect most people will be playing its a next to impossible.

Ah playing with randoms is wrong!
    Big mistake pal.
  • Preorders are extremely extremely low for this but there's no real data, I guess just surveys from retailers?
    I'm kind of getting my hopes up now, I noticed in the second beta that when you looked down sites at an enemy they lit up as if spotted (the traditional way) but I have a feeling that people will complain and that will be taken out. I think something like that is necessary as all the player models look very similar and the battlefield games usually all kinds of visual shit going off, obscuring your vision and shaking the camera.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Someone told me that it only spots for the player, your squad and team doesn't get the marker. Like you say, it's only for identifying enemies from team mates.

Bit of a shitty thing to have happened to the once great spotting mechanic.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about the game in general though.
  • The videos I've seen haven't looked great, but it's the same snowy map over and over again and everything seems to happen in half a dozen spots on the map. Back to jet black interiors as well, didn't like that in BF4.

My biggest worry so far is actually the negativity. They seem to have abandoned Battlefront 2 because there's no money in it and this could easily go the same way.
  • @sparky, yes it's just for you.  
    I don't like that map at all and the visual clutter, with snow swirls etc... Is very heavy, I hope they tone some of it down.
    But the the thing that encourages me is the talk of the gunplay being very satisfying and people like jackfrags saying is almost the same as BF3. 
    I hated the gunplay in BF1 it felt off in some way.
  • And EA are now delaying this until November. 
    Sandwiched between two big releases was always a bad idea but the way they kind of screwed up the reveal hasn't helped. 
    For me, they would've been better getting it out earlier, I'll be playing RDR2 in November and will get this but won't be rushing out to buy it.
  • Yeah, I'm sure I'll get it, but I'm not feeling the hype at all. The youtubers on the Rotterdam map haven't convinced me at all, it looks like lighting being prioritised over game play in the style of BF3 again. Waiting for a sale or a bundle deal seems like a good idea.

The sad thing is that this is going to come across as a win for the gamergate types when the reality is that the franchise is on the decline.
  • I honestly think they are listening to the wrong people. 
    People like jackfrags. I don't have anything against him but I don't think they should be listening to him and his ilk - The elite twitch playstyle gamers who don't play as part or a team, don't play objectives and don't use, by his own admission, vehicles.
    All they want to do is be able to sneak behind a bunch of enemies and get a kill streak or two that they can then edit into a YouTube video. They don't want to be spotted, they don't want to show up on a minimap, they basically want team deathmatch, all the time, in every game mode. 

But for me that's not what battlefield is. 
    I like the team push and the clear lines of engagement, there's countless games out there doing the run around like a headless chicken thing, can we please have battlefield back.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fantastic post there Panto.
  • I've been watching all of the Rotterdam videos and to me I can see the descending into a campers paradise. There's basically zero spotting (they have removed the ADS spot for yourself), there's nothing except friendlies on the minimap, its EXTREMELY hard to tell friend from foe because of all the avatar customisations, and it's very hard just to see people at all full stop.
    So many times over 4 different YouTubers you can see them getting confused and missing an enemy next to them coming from a unexpected angle or players completely and utterly oblivious to the fact there's an enemy standing the other side of a pile of boxes in amongst 4+ friendlies. 

I was vaguely optimistic but now I'm edging towards avoid again. I'll use the public beta and the EA Access to make a final decision I think.
    I suspect the gunplay will have to shine like fuck to suck me in.
  • Sensible words from Pantyfire indeed. I'd love to get back to Battlefield, but I'll be damned if I'm pre-ordering this. Public beta will be make or break for me, much like it was with BF1.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!