The No Subject Thread
  • Go on then, why does it matter?

Because if it happens yesterday there is more likely to be physical evidence, Cctv, betterbeye witness testimonies.

If it happened 10/20/30 years ago then it’s foing to be much harder to prove anything.

That’s why it matters. Anyone disagree?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I don’t believe that’s what you meant when you typed it, but hey ho.
  • Oh sorry Andy. Didn’t realise you’re a mind reader now as well. Hey ho yourself.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Am I in the minority at being forever frustrated at the grind of life? Rarely a day passes without me getting grumpy about it. It’s like a pointless and unnecessary treadmill that’s forever increasing in pace.

Maybe this is all a bit general, but how do people cope?
  • Distract yourself by buying things you don't need.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Am I in the minority at being forever frustrated at the grind of life? Rarely a day passes without me getting grumpy about it. It’s like a pointless and unnecessary treadmill that’s forever increasing in pace. Maybe this is all a bit general, but how do people cope?

You have a healthy approach to how life is set up for people who aren't born millionaires.
  • Am I in the minority at being forever frustrated at the grind of life? Rarely a day passes without me getting grumpy about it. It’s like a pointless and unnecessary treadmill that’s forever increasing in pace.

Maybe this is all a bit general, but how do people cope?

Nah, same.

Sometimes I wonder if I should join some volunteer organisation and just fuck off somewhere and help people instead of this fucking shitty race where you're rewarded for shitting on your fellow human beings.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Does someone have a suggestion of how I can sack off working in a call centre and do something worthwhile, but also be able to afford to have a house and play Destiny?
  • Break the shackles, DD. Both of Capitalism and Space Magicians.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Does someone have a suggestion of how I can sack off working in a call centre and do something worthwhile, but also be able to afford to have a house and play Destiny?

I’m afraid not, I’m still trying and failing to work out how to be able to afford a house. Or even a flat. A studio would do.
  • I feel ya's, guys. I've no fucking clue either.

Been watching the Ken Burns war docs on Netflix this week. Sometimes I wish I was in that era (but also indestructible and heroic and not the absolute pansy who'd kill himself by mistake on his first day in the trenches like I know I would be)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Go North

Unfortunately, that would involve leaving my current job and likely ending up doing something I don’t consider worthwhile because most jobs aren’t.
  • Life is really looking shit

Commute to work in area I could never afford to live in

Spend the day providing services I could never afford to buy back

Be polite and courteous to those who are rude to me

Miss all the day light hours so my boss can take another holiday

Forward all profits to my boss, who pays less in rent than I do for over twice the living space.

Too tired to cook at the end of the day so eat junk.

Very little disposable income at the end of the month

Repeat.

Get fucking sick of it all.

Look for other jobs. Requires training I dont have

Look for other training. Requires time I don’t have

Look at studying more. Requires money I don’t have.

This system is a fucking joke. How am I supposed to fashion a future or meaningful existence out of this? I literally can’t save, study, learn, or even afford a dignified living space.
  • Options
    - Get you a job you can train yourself at eg programming, knitting, clowning
    - Set up your own business eg events management, shirt modelling, gigolo booking service 
    - Live on a barge / in the woods / park bench / gutter
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The only thing I can suggest is trying to take the skills you already have (or can blag out of what you’ve been doing) and try to find a role, any role, in an organisation that values and invests in its staff and try to get trained up through them. It is possible.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Does someone have a suggestion of how I can sack off working in a call centre and do something worthwhile, but also be able to afford to have a house and play Destiny?
    I’m afraid not, I’m still trying and failing to work out how to be able to afford a house. Or even a flat. A studio would do.

I don't mean purchase. I mean live in one.
  • I don't want to sound unsympathetic. I've been in that same place, and it's not easy to see the way out. You've got to find the thing you like doing or can stomach for the next four decades or whatever. If you're not at that stage, no one can help you.
  • Maybe ranting a bit incoherently. Fucking tired of working these long hours. Fucking fed up with everything. Feeling really trapped. There is so much that is structurally unjust or unfair about this life and nobody ever seems to acknowledge it.

I realize there are people that have it worse than I do. It’s not much consolation
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I don't mean purchase. I mean live in one.

My response covers both.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Maybe ranting a bit incoherently. Fucking tired of working these long hours. Fucking fed up with everything. Feeling really trapped. There is so much that is structurally unjust or unfair about this life and nobody ever seems to acknowledge it.

I realize there are people that have it worse than I do. It’s not much consolation

FWIW, I do agree with you.
  • Maybe ranting a bit incoherently. Fucking tired of working these long hours. Fucking fed up with everything. Feeling really trapped. There is so much that is structurally unjust or unfair about this life and nobody ever seems to acknowledge it. I realize there are people that have it worse than I do. It’s not much consolation
    I know what you mean. And the practical helpful answers that people give aren't really the point IMO. We're all trying to do these things anyway, but it doesn't work out or just takes forever to get anywhere. And even if it does eventually work out it doesn't change that the the way everything works is a massive drag, and many other people are still stuck wasting their time trying to get somewhere.

Everything is shit. It doesn't need to be, and only is because it serves the interests of a minority of the population. There's no immediate solution.

As you say, people don't acknowledge it enough. So at least I can say you're not alone.
  • Everything is shit, it’s why I paint miniatures - it gives me headspace that I can escape to.

My teacher training may pay off, but I will only ever be in a position to get by. I’m happy enough with that now. Everything is irredeemably grim and none of it is my fault. The game is rigged.
  • Break the shackles, DD. Both of Capitalism and Space Magicians.

I'm the Guardian who slayed Oryx ffs!
  • JonB wrote:
    Everything is shit. It doesn't need to be, and only is because it serves the interests of a minority of the population. There's no immediate solution.

I had one, but never bothered trying it because other bits of society which work for the majority of people don't work for me and that depressed me more. I think it might be too late now, it was all lined up with the sentiments that caused Brexit and got Corbyn elected and stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    do a PhD and teach undergrads everyone x_x
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Have you thought about terrorism?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!