Assassin's Creed
  • I really want to tackle the mythical beasts but I guess I'm too low level (34) ?   I've only done the
    Spoiler:
    .  There's a
    Spoiler:
    cave that I come across very early on, but even though it's marked on map as a mythical creature site, I can't find the quest that grants entry.

I did encounter his big brother who came with the recent update on the shores of that island you go to upgrade your spear, but he was about 10 levels above me.

If fatigue is setting in, I suggest going to the island of Pephka - there's a host of sidequests there that are very Bard Tale-esque.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • With a bit of FAQ help (I was relying on melee and really should’ve been using arrows) I nailed him first time. Got a great engraving and weapon for my troubles
    The Forum Herald™
  • Another epic boss battle, I’m level 48 now. The game just keeps on delivering. I’m over 90 hours now.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Are you getting the DLC? It's got Persians in it!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Are you getting the DLC? It's got Persians in it!

I don't know mate. I've spent a lot of time on this and maybe I'm done for a bit.

I might try the egyptian one again.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I am v.tempted to try Black Flag.  Folk always say that one always had the best sea shanties.
  • Black Flag was good... It was more assassin's creedy but I'm not sure it will have aged well.

A lot of missions annoyingly trying to follow people talking.

I've still only been back to the real world once in this.. and I'm fairly sure I'm nearing the end.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I am v.tempted to try Black Flag.  Folk always say that one always had the best sea shanties.

Yeah, they were brilliant.
  • Sounds cool block as I’m probably gonna hit 50 before I hit the end of the story.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Positive first impressions then, but can't help thinking that Ubisoft may have shot themselves in the foot where DLC is concerned - I mean the world is so LARGE with so much content that ordering up a slice of DLC on top of all that just seems like gaming gluttony.
  • Presumably it's for the die hards.. but it is a massive game..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hit level 50. Cleared the Arena, Finished the Pirates life for me trophy, Mopping up cultists and then heading for the ending I think.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah, but which ending?
    Spoiler:

Just hit the Arena for the first time in over 100 hrs of play after seeing a Merc there who owned a nice bow I wanted. It's my bow now.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Ah, but which ending?
    Spoiler:

Just hit the Arena for the first time in over 100 hrs of play after seeing a Merc there who owned a nice bow I wanted. It's my bow now.

Id quite like all three of those endings certainly I’ve done two of the MB. Might need a guide
    The Forum Herald™
  • 95 hours and I think I’m getting near the business end
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm at the Olympics.

Tier 2 Merc..

Can't get one of the Cult to appear despite having done all the missions in his area.. I may have to check out some guides.. nearing completion of my ship too.

Just gotta find the last mythical creature? Any tips?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Regarding the Games,
    Spoiler:

I've only done two beasties, so can't help you there.

DLC for this is £21, but season pass is £34.  But they're  doing 2 DLCs, each containing three episodes. I assume price for DLC 1 contains the first three eps (even though they are being released in six week intervals)
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Regarding the Games,
    Spoiler:

I've only done two beasties, so can't help you there.

DLC for this is £21, but season pass is £34.  But they're  doing 2 DLCs, each containing three episodes. I assume price for DLC 1 contains the first three eps (even though they are being released in six week intervals)

Season pass also includes Assassins Creed 3

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • 47688517_10218366939343903_1539921551447556096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=85e43ee76d04a7e5fc208ec2492abe55&oe=5C948C37

My list of defeated cultists.. not the bottom batch where I've done all five henchman and not got all the clues needed to unmask the ring leader..

Not sure if I've missed something or it's glitched or it'll get revealed during a story quest?
    The Forum Herald™
  • That is weird about not being able to unmask the main dude after unmasking all his underlings.  Pretty sure I've done that chain so will check when I'm back.  I've had to consult a few online FAQs to reveal some cultists hideouts.  One guy could only be tracked down by finding a corpse on a beach somewhere!

On the hunt for cultists too at the moment.  Got an uncharted island to travel to to bag me a bad guy.  Could fast travel to the nearest spot, but what's the point?, sea travel is such a joy in this game.
  • Yep, can confirm  your missing cult leader is a Spartan King attached to the main quest line. Advance that and you'll bag him. Gotta catch 'em all!
  • Took a punt on this at half price for black Friday. Haven't played any assassin's since the 2nd one which bored me shitless after 10 hours and generally speaking I feckin hate Ubisoft and the curse of ubisoftitis which they've inflicted on the gaming world. Horses for courses...but this is very good so far. I'm only level five but it seems like a proper action rpg. I'm hoping to be a mix of Archer and batterer. A pleasant surprise...
    Peter3C
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Yep, can confirm  your missing cult leader is a Spartan King attached to the main quest line. Advance that and you'll bag him. Gotta catch 'em all!

Yeah got the last few yesterday. Just my brother and the middle one left.

Also got to,the top,of the merc tree. 

Time to finish the story and put this to bed
    The Forum Herald™
  • Did have a weird happening yesterday where I got a two start wanted rating I couldn't clear which meant i was getting hassled by guards and high level mercs where ever I went.. was really fucking annoying.. wasn't sure whether it was story related or a bug.. anyway must be very near the end now.. boss battle done.. Ship fully up rated.. spear fully uprated..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Had the same bug happen to me, mega annoying.  Mine occurred when I visited a cave system which I think was meant to be part of the main quest storyline, and then suddenly Mercs everywhere!  There is definitely a point where an official bounty is placed on you when you piss off the leaders of Athens or Sparta or wotever as part of the main quest, but it's not explained awfully well.

Hey @pc71  welcome to the thread!  For ages this place has just been the Bob 'n' Blocks show because no other bugger is playing it.  If Ubi hadn't chosen to release within the same window as a certain cowboy game, it'd be getting the attention it deserves....
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm keeping a beady eye on it and enjoying reading the updates. Keep it up gents.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Had the same bug happen to me, mega annoying.  Mine occurred when I visited a cave system which I think was meant to be part of the main quest storyline, and then suddenly Mercs everywhere!  There is definitely a point where an official bounty is placed on you when you piss off the leaders of Athens or Sparta or wotever as part of the main quest, but it's not explained awfully well. .

For sure I've had the five stars.. when you get proper story related grief.

The merc system could have been a little stronger.

There's a few things the game doesn't explain very well.. apparently I was missing one of the cult members cos I hadn't bothered taking on a navel battle for one of the areas.. some of the clues are a bit vague to say the least.

Overall though it's a very good game. I mean you can tell they've not got the time R* have but still it's a very good game.

Kassandra

kassandraubi.png?itok=BthI6i7I&timestamp=1538756243Might be my favourite protaganist ever. The brother seems a bit of a dick.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    As was with The Witcher, every time I boot this game up I just get completely overwhelmed by all the '?' on the map. Think someone mentioned gaming gluttony above and that is exactly how I feel about it. Superb game, just is far far too big for an offline single player game for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!