Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've kinda fallen off the wagon with Destiny. Forsaken has been great and I grinded like a fool on both Xbox and PC. Malfeasance and Breakneck were two of the biggest grinds I've participated in since my WoW days. Ace of Spades I grinded twice, along with Horror Story. I think in my pursuit of Breakneck I just fell behind a lot on Black Armory and I really don't feel like trawling the internet now for all the nooks and crannies I missed with regards to quests, drops and rolls. 

Think it might be time to say so long until Destiny 3 arrives. It was never the same for me anyway after the Xbox crew died. Things like Iron Banner and raid nights made it the game she was. Playing predominantly on ones own reduces everything to one big long grind and while the weapons have definitely improved I feel as thought perhaps after 4 years it's just time for a little change.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I've kinda fallen off the wagon with Destiny. Forsaken has been great and I grinded like a fool on both Xbox and PC. Malfeasance and Breakneck were two of the biggest grinds I've participated in since my WoW days. Ace of Spades I grinded twice, along with Horror Story. I think in my pursuit of Breakneck I just fell behind a lot on Black Armory and I really don't feel like trawling the internet now for all the nooks and crannies I missed with regards to quests, drops and rolls. 

Think it might be time to say so long until Destiny 3 arrives. It was never the same for me anyway after the Xbox crew died. Things like Iron Banner and raid nights made it the game she was. Playing predominantly on ones own reduces everything to one big long grind and while the weapons have definitely improved I feel as thought perhaps after 4 years it's just time for a little change.

I literally said this to Elm earlier. Just with less Haakness. Fallen away entirely.
  • On the other hand i had an incredible couple of hours on this! The public events on mars, wow, they are awesome. I'd no idea what was going on but there was Hive and Guardians everywhere. I was 30 below recommended power level but still helping. Also did the mission where you fight the super massive wizard guy and then meet the worm, it was similarly intense.
  • Escalation Protocol is great.
  • Yeah i think it was that, lots of different waves, intense! Then some wizard came out of some portal or something and we smashed him up as well. I got loads of good stuff drop and went up 30 power levels in about 20 mins.
  • Ugh, this all sounds cool but I’m still making my way through the campaign, only level 18 I think as well.

Can’t wait to finish and get on with strikes/events etc.

I’m also doing every side mission on every planet before moving on with the story, should I just be skipping that stuff? Sometimes they’re pretty good little missions, but not always. Slowing my progress way down...

Edit: Oh also the stuff I get from them is mostly rubbish, like 50/60 under what I have equipped.
  • Oops sorry i should be spoiliering! Couldn't imagine somebody behind me!

I'd say skip the side stuff, just do the campaign and public events, public events give better rewards i think. I am not having an issue with being underlevel. I am a bit low on power but that makes it more challenging/fun. If i need to boost up a bit i just do public events for a bit.
  • Do stuff that gives powerfull gear to build power level.
    Do the rest for fun and or rewards you desire.
  • Are the side missions the Heroic Adventures? If so yeah, you can completely ignore these.
  • On my PC playthrough I just stuck to the story missions and avoided everything else. If you're below the recommended level just do pvp to level up fast. You can blast through everything pretty quickly.
  • digi wrote:
    Do stuff that gives powerfull gear to build power level. Do the rest for fun and or rewards you desire.

I'll be attempting my shattered throne run when I get in tonight, so give me a shout if you see me online (and I'm not in a raid) and I'll give you a hand.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Brilliant news. Now Bungie can focus on doing what they want to do with the franchise and not worry about the BS from Activision.
  • Best ever news in Destiny history.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Very surprising news. Now maybe they can make some proper strides towards a deep rpg experience?
  • Not particularly surprising. Bungie haven't seen eye to eye with Activision since almost the beginning. And We're at the end stage of the deal.
  • Wow that's interesting. I wonder how much of the micro transaction stuff they'll pull out of the game? How the updates will work? Will be get destiny 3 which will be a revamp of everything?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That has indeed made me significantly more interested in what they can do with D3 now. 

I wonder how much influence the Netease megabux powers will have going forward? They don't half like their gotcha/cashgrab/pay2win Chinese market as I understand it.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Destiny 3? If they had any sense they'd stick with Destiny 2. Another reboot could be disastrous.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Destiny 2 is a tanker that's already well sailed. She's not turning too far anytime soon..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Destiny 3? If they had any sense they'd stick with Destiny 2. Another reboot could be disastrous.

The prospect of another reboot is the only thing keeping me interested in the franchise tbh. Hopefully all traces of D2 will be flushed away like a particularly smelly poo.

Also I'm sure I read that Eververse was Bungie's idea rather than Activision's so I'm not expecting to see any changes as far as microtransaction policy goes.
  • I have never bought anything from Tess.
  • Me neither. I don't think this is a magical fix. Bungie needs to sort itself out.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • You bin me on PS4?
  • I went on a rage and deleted a bunch of people after I left, the victim of a great injustice. I'll add u later Hun xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxidi

Ps - you probably called me a drama queen in the moderation thread / didn't laugh at my risotto jokes, ie you did something to deserve it IMO
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Bungie should just make a new single player story driven FPS. Everyone wants it, everyone would buy it, it’d cater to EVERYONE. I know they’ve trademarked ‘Matter’ but who knows what that is.

Out of interest, is Destiny 2 suitable to play single player at all? I wouldn’t mind playing with randoms etc, just to jump in and play it. Don’t really like using voice chat either. I’d pick it up if it was cheap and the gunplay was good.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    Destiny 2 suitable to play single player at all? I wouldn’t mind playing with randoms etc, just to jump in and play it. Don’t really like using voice chat either. I’d pick it up if it was cheap and the gunplay was good.

Yes it is. I don't have gold and i am loving the campaign. You can still do public events with randoms without gold just cant do strikes and raids. I think once i reach max level i will need gold but there is a lot of game there before that
  • Ah cool. I played destiny 1 but didn’t really ‘get it’ at the time. Is this an improvement campaign/story wise. Also is there an explanation somewhere about how this game works, all this talk of raids, nightfalls, strikes and weekly stuff etc has me confused. Is there a weekly rotation to all this stuff?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!