Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched Red 2 last night.

Preposterous nonsense.

I loved it. Couldn't see me watching it again though.

John Malkovich was having a ball as were the rest of the cast. Even Zeta Jones was passable.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    What's Super 8 like?

Available on Prime at the mo.

I really like Super 8. It's cut price 80s Spielberg. Has some fantastic sequences where JJ shows he's great an action setpiece. His sound designer is a don.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    If Beale Street Could Talk, it may have been able to tell its story in a slightly less labourious fashion than this film... That's not to say that it doesn't have some wonderful moments but unfortunately it felt like quite a slog to get through. Green Book on the other hand was really entertaining but also packed quite a punch.
  • The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. 
    A solid 7 out of 10.
    Had not seen Gordon Liu in anything outside KillBill before.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    The Night Comes for Us. I'd heard some positive reviews so was quite looking forward to this but it struggled to even be average in the end.

Spoiler:
  • An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn - utterly, utterly bizarre film that’s like Eagle vs Shark via Twin Peaks with a dash of Submarine and maybe John Waters. Jermaine Clement is dependable, Aubrey Plaza does her thing but Emile Hirsch is something of a surprise, gurning like a champ and chewing the scenery while Matt Berry plays it straight. I can see why Bob Mortimer loves it.
  • Been to the cinema thrice this week, which will probably end up being my quota for the year. 

If Beale Street Could Talk: more style than substance, an uncomfortable watch and pretty boring. There was a good story in there somewhere, which was well cast and well acted, but I just wasn’t feeling the arty style and protracted approach of Jenkins. Fucking left channel speaker in screen 8 needs sorting too, was crackly all the way through. 

Spider-Man: into the Spiderverse: Awesome, great on the big screen, although I haven’t seen the end as the boy was finding it all a bit too much. Impressed by how not-annoying the other patrons were in a 10am half term kids screening though. 

Green Book: Great film. Fairly straightforward story but really well made. Had a big smile on my face at the end, and I’m dead inside!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh shit just seen that Hathaway/McConoughey movie Serenity is out on march 1. If you know about the thing in that movie then you fuckin KEN. if you don't... Maaaannn go and see that shit.

It's not a good movie tho
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you want the thing it's below.
    Spoiler:

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Oh shit just seen that Hathaway/McConoughey movie Serenity is out on march 1. If you know about the thing in that movie then you fuckin KEN. if you don't... Maaaannn go and see that shit. It's not a good movie tho

Its already leaked and I have it booked in for a watch tomorrow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh aye that's how I'm doing it
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Oh shit just seen that Hathaway/McConoughey movie Serenity is out on march 1. If you know about the thing in that movie then you fuckin KEN. if you don't... Maaaannn go and see that shit.

It's not a good movie tho
    It’s worth listening to the waypoint podcast about it. The thing was spoiled for me but knowing the shit made me interested.

It’s worth also knowing that even though it’s theiretically a cinema movie it’s on day 1 on sky cinema (not even box office!!)
  • HALP.  I need a film reference for an analogy at work.  I need a scene where someone thinks they've cheated their way to victory but aha, the hero has stolen whatever it is they're reaching for.  Would probably involve a card game, like the scene at the end of  Solo*spoilers* when Lando realises he hasn't got anything up his sleeve, but I don't want to use that one.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think there's one of those in Thor: Ragnarok with the stun disc thing. Mayber.
  • I'll take a look, thanks.  I'm currently leaning towards oops no bullets starring Bill Clay.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    HALP.  I need a film reference for an analogy at work.  I need a scene where someone thinks they've cheated their way to victory but aha, the hero has stolen whatever it is they're reaching for.  Would probably involve a card game, like the scene at the end of  Solo*spoilers* when Lando realises he hasn't got anything up his sleeve, but I don't want to use that one.

Snatch?

Edit: oh wait, if you have a die hard option always go die hard.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I initially thought the Die Hard one wouldn't be fit for purpose but I think maybe it will.  Cheers chaps.
  • I'm now imagining moot, mid conversation, stopping someone with a hand up and saying "hang on while i come up with a witty response...", posting on the forum, checking...
    "Ha, this is gonna burn mate. What you just did there, it's like that bit in..."
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Haha, thankfully I've got whatsapp now so I don't even need to talk to people.
  • Any of you Kermodes seen:

The Happiness of the Katakuris.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hell yeah
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wrote about it in my dissertation at uni
  • extract:

My Aunt, who had a parrot called 'The Happiness of the Katakuris',....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye
  • Split, this afternoon.  That's quite the performance by McAvoy.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Split, this afternoon.  That's quite the performance by McAvoy.
    Watched that the other day. He's not bad, eh. Quite the range.
  • I thought he was excellent in that. Really put himself into every one of the characters
  • It was the in-scene and often on-camera transitions that made it.
  • His performance on Glass is almost next level again. I really enjoyed Glass a lot.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!