Misogyny and other gender issues.
  • It made it to the bbc. Pretty gross all round.
  • Men went nuts under the original post with the most disgusting shit to the point channel 7 took down the post. Which was in itself a fuck up. Lock and remove comments don't take the pic down.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Check out @MattStaunton73’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/MattStaunton73/status/1108482369948774400?s=09

So this pic got a bunch of mouth breathers commenting like assholes.

Ffs.

Quote for page turn.

• Facewon wrote:
    Men went nuts under the original post with the most disgusting shit to the point channel 7 took down the post. Which was in itself a fuck up. Lock and remove comments don't take the pic down.

Ok, thanks for the clear up. It's a sad fact that anything on the internet featuring (a) a woman and (b) comments brings out the worst in idiot men.

edit: actually, I feel I should amend that a bit. Plenty of women make lewd comments about pictures of hunky men as well. But the Male camp seems to out do itself in terms of both level of lewd and volume

SFV - reddave360
  • It made it to the bbc. Pretty gross all round.

Christ there's an out of context page turn for you. I hope I'm not the only one who did a double take at this.
  • I'm confused, I've seen the picture - yesterday, but some guy is arguing in that twatter thread that this is not the original picture!?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • There is another photo, the girls left leg bends back but I'm not sure what the differences are. Scroll down through the rabbit hole, er, Twitter feed and it pops up.

It's no dick-out Peter Besrdsley I'll tell you that
    SFV - reddave360
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Men went nuts under the original post with the most disgusting shit to the point channel 7 took down the post. Which was in itself a fuck up. Lock and remove comments don't take the pic down.
    Ok, thanks for the clear up. It's a sad fact that anything on the internet featuring (a) a woman and (b) comments brings out the worst in idiot men. edit: actually, I feel I should amend that a bit. Plenty of women make lewd comments about pictures of hunky men as well. But the Male camp seems to out do itself in terms of both level of lewd and volume
    It's lewd comments indicating desire but also a disgust, a misogynistic undertone that means 'aw she's hot but also a filthy bitch who deserves my contempt'.  It's violent and repulsive.  The female version seems to be 'he's hot!  I would like to sleep with him' but without the grotesque gender-based character judgement.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Anyone see the story about the all female spacewalk that was supposed to take place today?
    Apparently they couldn't find suits that fit...

There's a joke in there.

Though I'm sure no-one's going to notice a fat ass through a space suit...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Just a head's up that the new Contrapoints was really good, looks at Terfs.
  • Anyone see the story about the all female spacewalk that was supposed to take place today? Apparently they couldn't find suits that fit... There's a joke in there. Though I'm sure no-one's going to notice a fat ass through a space suit...
    nick_md wrote:
    Just a head's up that the new Contrapoints was really good, looks at Terfs.
    Astroterf?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • *runs away*
  • Hey there's a good joke in there somewhere.
  • The party I was at Friday had an open mic comedy thing; one guy opened with a joke about abortion. Wrong crowd, my man.
  • oooof!
  • Been following a number of folks from both sides of trans debate.

Christ it's a mess of a discussion.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Been following a number of folks from both sides of trans debate. Christ it's a mess of a discussion.

Borrowing from wargames (ie the only winning move is not to play) sometimes the smartest thing to do is not bother jumping in unless you have skin in the game.

Although if its a debate held in the social media, its even better to fly out to a geostationary orbit and drop a titanium rod onto the server holding your account login details.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm happy not to way in.

But I'd like to understand more on all fronts.

Even that's hard.

• It's a quantum uncertainty problem. The moment you express an opinion or think you have a vague understanding, everyone else's opinion collapses to something different.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Interesting. I mean, I support trans rights but I don't think mtf should be able to compete in women's sport categories by default without hormones. I have other trans rights supporters in my cru who feel the same (should it be like boxing, done on weight category?)

Anyway, point is that I think it's perfectly fine to be supportive of trans rights and not agree with every piece of the movement. Hell I know mtf people who don't agree with the GRA.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm almost certain that no man goes through gender reassignment therapy (apologies if any of those terms are incorrect) to gain an advantage in a sport, but I'm still not convinced it's fair to let them compete.
  • Yeah I'm uncertain on it myself. I've heard that it should be after x years of hormones, although not sure what that does in terms of physiology.

Do it on weight classes, mixed gender.
  • Don't the
    Spoiler:
    have some kind of handicap system? It sounds like I'm trolling but that is where we're heading according to the above.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Eh, why not. The Olympics are about amateur athletes across a broad spectrum of events and classes already. Drop a few of the coke and mcdonalds ads and just let fly.

Its an exercise in athletics, and shouldn't be constrained by classification. Life is fuzzy.
  • Don't the
    Spoiler:
    have some kind of handicap system? It sounds like I'm trolling but that is where we're heading according to the above.

If I remember rightly, there are different assessments. I'm sure I watched swimming and they highlighted if a swimmer had one leg, one arm or whatever
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah for certain events they class the level of disability and group with similar levels of disability - so dwarfism might be equivalent to two non functioning limbs (not sure on the details but it’s basically like that). In some cases the judgements can affect people so that they go from being champion to no chance depending on their category.

In some cases, I think with football for sight impairment they give everyone the same goggles to balance out.
  • Tbh, while the sports angle was her trigger point, I don't think it's the most interesting pertinent angle.

My issue, currently, is with the complete disengagment with arguments. The uber pro trans side seems to think there's an easy equivalent with racism. Like "terfs" are white supremacist equiv. When there's actually more going on. Rad fems have more arguments than the ones that get a play in the media, it seems, yet they want to treat anyone who doesn't tow the line as worthy of complete scorn and disengagement.

So, in particular, lesbians and rad fems, which demographically is going to mean a lot of older women who fought some hard fights, are getting completely shafted and thrown under the bus.

Its a really poor look.

There's a long thread under the #gettheLout (may have that slightly wrong) tag that's frankly bizarre. It's a 300 strong bunch of screen grabs of folks giving advice to lesbians that they need to get down with sex with dicks involved to not be transphobic.

Now, I realise trawling twitter to get a pulse on stuff is a risky game, but wtf.

Some sort of shark has been jumped.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!