ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well given the page turn I feel I need a tsfmi (too short fill me in)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Face, you have a habit of posting links without any description or context.  It doesn't make them tempting to click on.
  • Not a gambler?

Depends if I can be arsed with doing proper links. This one would have required posting pic. Gist is some Muppet reckons dudes having a thing for Asian girls needs a philosophical defense.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Gist is some Muppet reckons dudes having a thing for Asian girls needs a philosophical defense.

That's all you needed to write.
  • The abstract starts with, and I quote:
    Asian Romantic Preference is not wrong because it does not infringe on someone's moral right. Nor is it unjust in some way. It is not intrinsically bad because it is neither false nor does it consist of the love of the evil or the hatred of the good.

I mean. Leaving aside the purpose of the piece (and the fact that it is published) - it's really, really, really badly written. Also, fuck Twitter.
  • Also awomen because am not wanting to appear sexist.
  • So what is offered that's not psychological? : "If your child has gender dysphoria and they've reached puberty, they could be treated with gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues. These are synthetic (man-made) hormones that suppress the hormones naturally produced by the body."
    so they are hormones then, you concede as much- so called puberty blockers is a form of hormone treatment. Its effect isn't to swing the body one way or t'other, but it is injecting kids with hormones.
    So the hormone blockers we've mentioned previously. You can debate if this is something that should be given, but it's deeply unhelpful to conflate it with cross sex hormones or surgery.
    Where does Linehan conflate hormone blockers with cross sex hormones or surgery? You quoted him yourself, he used the word "drugs therapy" Are you saying hormone blockers aren't drugs? You concede they are synthetics hormones. Have you looked up the side effects?
    “There are lots of gender non-conforming children who may not be trans and may grow up to be gay adults, but who are being told by an extreme, misogynist ideology, that they were born in the wrong body, and anyone who disagrees with that diagnosis is a bigot.”
    Who is he referring to here? People on Twitter? Treatment at GIC isn't telling people they are born in the wrong body, it's to determine if they do in fact have gender dysphoria or not. Many don't. As previously noted: "the majority of children with suspected gender dysphoria don't have the condition once they reach puberty."
    He's not disputing the NHS advice. I take it he is saying that - yes on twitter, and elsewhere, so-called trans activists have monopolised the conversation with unrelenting zeal. And these people do say people are born into the wrong body and that can be determined in childhood. As we noted, Mermaid UK did advertise a fast track service to a German doctor who offers fast track hormone blockers, so the worry is mermaids UK, presumably, are potentially helping worried and vulnerable parents to go outside our jurisdiction. Making the NHS advice redundant.
    “It’s especially dangerous for teenage girls – the numbers referred to gender clinics have shot up – because society, in a million ways, is telling girls they are worthless. Of course they look for an escape hatch.”
    Why have numbers shot up? He states as fact that it's because society is telling teen girls they are worthless. Is this the case? It certainly doesn't seem like it's a new phenomena. But the way the medical establishment deal with gender issues and the availability of services certainly has increased. And transmen, whilst still often overlooked in debate are being acknowledged much more than in the past, including by the medical establishment.
    Thanks for this, it is helping me make an important point. A real feminist's interpretation might be that society is effectively enforcing its own sexist social norms on what a woman is and ought to be by encouraging young girls who do not fall within the range of so-called "female" gender identity to call themselves men, and done early enough, to use medicine to present as men. We are at the heart of why some radical feminists have reacted so adversely to being told they just not and cannot question this movement. BECAUSE THE CENTRAL MESSAGE FEMINISM IS THAT GENDER IS A SOCIETAL CONSTRUCT TO OPPRESS WOMEN, AND WOMEN SHOULD RESIST IT. I am not a radical feminist so I think if someone wants to be a man then so be it. But I understand, on an intellectual level, their argument. I don't think you do, nor do most "Twitter" feminists who daily reinforce a notion of gender that real feminist's dispute and resist.
    “The normal experience of puberty is the first time we all experience gender dysphoria. It’s natural. But to tell confused kids who might every second be feeling uncomfortable in their own skin that they are trapped in the wrong body? It’s an obscenity. It’s like telling anorexic kids they need liposuction.”
    This appears to be conflating gender dysphoria with people not liking their body. Its not the same thing, although it's possible to have both. But again, it's appears to be under the impression that every kid who goes into a GIC is told they're in the wrong body, which is just flat out wrong. I wouldn't quite put it as the best approach being one that doubts and is skeptical, because that sounds quite negative, and a negative approach can easily make things worse. But a slow, careful considered approach doesn't have those same negative connotations, and I think is what you are getting at. The thing is, that's pretty much the approach the NHS takes. Obviously individuals within the system will differ. You might run in to people who try to block access, or people who will speed things along a bit quicker than most. But that's no different to any other area of health.
    I read Linehan here to be opposed to the ideological penetration of gender dysphoria advocates / advisers by a particular virulent, zealous and defensive minority. He may well be wrong altogether and he is almost certainly myopic /overstating. But as I've said in posts passing, that is more likely a function of his being demonised / shouted down - that dialectic, like elsewhere, always results in a lack of measure. See Palestinians shouting death to Israel/ throw them into the sea. An extreme analogy for sure- but are they wrong to claim that Israel has oppressed them and stolen their lands? No. They've been pushed to the extreme by this dialectic of conflict, just as extreme Zionists have in Israel. A sane person tries to get to the hear of the matter. She doesn't say "I agree with Likud" or "I'm for Hamas". She recognises the injustice and the trickiness of the situation and argues for a sensible dialogue, not an extreme one.

Doctors, and FOI warriors, have now asked questions long enough about "puberty blockers" use on people as young as 11 and 12.

The rationale for these - that they buy the kid and parents time to be sure - is undermined by the data showing that 100% of them do end up wanting to be another gender. Effectively therefore, the evidence shows that the decision taken at the age of 11/12,. effectively by parents, is not reversed. It has never been reversed..

The data shows that puberty blockers drastically increase feelings of suicide and self harm.

Medically speaking, this trial is worthless. There is no control group. 

Disclaimers about bone strength, damage to brain activity, among other things, as a result of the use of the blockers, are worrying. We don't know what the long term damage will be to kids' health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49036145?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • And on newsnight if people don't want to read.
  • I had in mind this spectacular copy and paste from Dante of some website, if people don't want to read the post.
    Treatment at GIC isn't telling people they are born in the wrong body, it's to determine if they do in fact have gender dysphoria or not. Many don't. As previously noted: "the majority of children with suspected gender dysphoria don't have the condition once they reach puberty."
  • 100% of children who end up at the national centre getting hormone blockers aged 11-12 (or any age for that matter, below 16), end up "born in the wrong body". 2500 last year, and growing.
  • I had in mind this spectacular copy and paste from Dante of some website, if people don't want to read the post.
    Treatment at GIC isn't telling people they are born in the wrong body, it's to determine if they do in fact have gender dysphoria or not. Many don't. As previously noted: "the majority of children with suspected gender dysphoria don't have the condition once they reach puberty."

Some website
  • I don't think you understand.
  • I understand that with that specific part you were inferring that I had taken the information from an unreliable source, hence disparagingly referring to it as "some website". The information came from the NHS website, on it's gender dysphoria page.  It was posted in response to this:
    “There are lots of gender non-conforming children who may not be trans and may grow up to be gay adults, but who are being told by an extreme, misogynist ideology, that they were born in the wrong body, and anyone who disagrees with that diagnosis is a bigot.”
    Your new posts don't change any of that.
  • My new posts that show the information is incorrect? I'm not surprised the website was nh,S, did you read the story or watch newsnight? Or are you shutting your eyes to any evidence you don't like?

This is specific information from the one NHS clinic in the land that does this stuff. Got nothing to say?
  • Here's another egregious example of the problem. Another nutcase, vexatious person shouting for attention..
    https://twitter.com/anyabyke/status/1085243542543499264?s=20 https://mirandayardley.com/en/jonathan-yaniv-is-a-predator/ This guy has mental health issues, or is a pedophile with a tampon /period fetish abusing the trans equality movement to access female spaces. And people voicing their concerns on twitter are getting banned.
    You'll note one of the links is to a FB post where he complains about immigrant women, who he doesn't seem to like much at all. But he is ok with walking into a wax place and ask a Muslim female attendant for a wax, and suing her when she says no https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2018/10/23/opinion-report-from-canada

Update on this nutjob, https://www.thepostmillennial.com/another-b-c-woman-forced-out-of-business-in-transgender-male-genitalia-waxing-case/

After 10 human rights claims, for the same thing, mostly targeting minority ethnic women business owner, this vexatious litigant and likely mere cross-dresser, proven perv and arguably pedophile, Jessica Yaniv, has finally been named in court documents. 

Meanwhile, he has got plenty of Twitter users banned for transphobic, had YouTube videos taken down,. All for identifying Yanniv's use of self-ID transgenderism as a vehicle for approaching und rage girl, talking to them about tampons, asking them to show him how top put them on (you will note that he has male genitalia, which is the premise of his many vexatious cases, sadly some successful). What the fuck is the tampon for?

Looks like at the 10th time of asking someone has representation, and the lawyer has been able to point out that waxing male genitalia is an objectively different procedure so it is not discrimination (provided the waxing salon does not offer that service to men of course). The poor foreigners who came before probably stupidly said it was against their religion.

This perv, Yanniv, is on the record disparaging these foreigners, adopting trump like rhetoric.

Luckily, many trans figures have now disowned Yanniv, but some have been limited in what they can say because - check this - he threatens them with transphobia complaints on twitter, sends libel letters, and has got a doctor to resign her medical certificate. (She offered a diagnosis over twitter )

Absolutely mental. People like Jessica Yanniv are setting back egalitarianism years. Decades of hard work and progress, leading to this. 

I am amazed. Real people, women, have lost their jobs and livelihood. B cause of this insane perv. How can that be right, or fair?
  • Graham Linehan is a fucknuckle and he really can go fuck himself, preferably for long enough that something ruptures.
  • What does this BC person have to do with the wider discussion on gender/trans issues?
  • What's Graham Linehan got to do with this?

Because he never misses an opportunity to spread his particular brand of hate.
  • nick_md wrote:
    What does this BC person have to do with the wider discussion on gender/trans issues?

It is eminently obvious from my post. Clues: twitter bans, YouTube removals, businesses shut, jobs lost, lives ruined. How can you possibly miss it?

What brand of hate? J Yanniv is a sexual predator and vexatious litigant. Is calling that out a brand of hate? It's sort of saying like good people are haters of evil. 

I am genuinely befuddled as to how Graham Linehan seems to always get named when this topic is discussed
  • Perhaps that was aimed at me.

GL has to do with this because he has a large base of followers that he's tweeting to. What is his stake in this? Who has asked him to get involved? Is he a woman, or trans? Maybe he's just a supporter of women's rights, which is fair enough. But if he is, why is he so against trans women's rights?

This BC lady, from the one article I've read, could be a loon. Are we using them as an example of why trans identity issues are up for debate?

• nick_md wrote:
    What does this BC person have to do with the wider discussion on gender/trans issues?

It is eminently obvious from my post. Clues: twitter bans, YouTube removals, businesses shut, jobs lost, lives ruined. How can you possibly miss it?
    You're using an extreme to try to justify, I dunno, whatever point you're going for. What was it again?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    What is his stake in this? Who has asked him to get involved? Is he a woman, or trans? Maybe he's just a supporter of women's rights, which is fair enough. But if he is, why is he so against trans women's rights?

He has stated that it comes from supporting lesbian friends who share his POV.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    What is his stake in this? Who has asked him to get involved? Is he a woman, or trans? Maybe he's just a supporter of women's rights, which is fair enough. But if he is, why is he so against trans women's rights?

He has stated that it comes from supporting lesbian friends who share his POV.

Right so he has no personal stake.
    What brand of hate? J Yanniv is a sexual predator and vexatious litigant. Is calling that out a brand of hate? It's sort of saying like good people are haters of evil.  I am genuinely befuddled as to how Graham Linehan seems to always get named when this topic is discussed

Really you're befuddled?

He has spent years spouting bullshit, I've been down that rabbit hole, once he kept referencing a research paper, so I asked him for more detail, traced the paper back through a number of right wing religious sites until I got to the original source, where the writers of the original paper were discrediting the one Linehan was citing for taking their research out of context and presenting it as something it wasn't even covering to skew the data.

I informed Graham of this and since then he's continued to parrot the exact same bullshit even on radio interviews.

So as I said, fuck him, the duplicitous, disingenuous, gaslighting, blundercunt.

And he'll be dining out on this Yanniv prick and using it as a stick to beat people for months.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!