Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Really bad news - life is so fragile. Hope everyone is holding up.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Rest in Peace , Rave

Sorry for your loss, Dante

Thoughts with the rest of his friends and family
  • First ever Spare Rations drop and it's a PvP godroll. Let me trade things Bunge.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Then people might actually use in-game chat.
  • Sorry for your loss Dante. He was a top bloke and I always enjoyed playing with the two of yous.
  • Why are my cool Synthoceps now covered in spunk veins, boooo
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Huh. No ritual weapons this season apart from a bow for Iron Banner.

Also the hardcore crowd are up in arms because Bungie broke the stat tracking for most emblems while putting in a new system. Their reaction was "we had to break a few bones to implement the new system."

Tried some seraph towers last night but I feel this is a really bare opening to the season. I probably won't play till the next content drop in however many weeks.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeha, very thin on content. Bungie not really making me want to play Destiny at the moment.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Christ I really can't be arsed this season. Bounty simulator 2020 - Please Bungie, get on with the new vision for Destiny. It's becoming so monotonous.
  • I'll grind up to 1k but yeah, I'm not terribly compelled by the new weapons really. Nothing better than I already have.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's the crux of the issue at the moment. I logged in and stuck anti-barrier rounds on my Recluse and off I went. No reason to use any other weapon. Luke Smith spoke about all this in his Director's Cut letter for this year but along with Armor 2.0 (which still isn't terribly good if you ask me) they need to fix the weapon economy because at the moment I get new weapons and they go straight into The Vault. 

I've pretty much had the weapons I need now for years. It's not like new weapons come out and you absolutely must get them because they are lets say 10% more powerful than the previous ones - ya know, like loot is done in most MMOs. I know they want to make the weapon spread accessible but I think it's killing the game. 

After all it's all about the loot, but it should also about be about putting that loot to good use not fucking it in The Vault or getting it for the sake of a collection tab.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    The new weapons this season, from the bunkers, pair with the new mods in the Serath public events.

Kill with the Serath weapon, a warmind cell can drop and depending which mods you are wearing and how you interact with the cell, will result in damage, suppression, DoTs, healing etc.

Sounds ok but pretty complicated system to get your head around, will start to play around with it when i can invest in armour.
  • Grab the slightly easier to grab Worm and Outbreak from their respective quests before they re-calibrate enemy power levels folks.
  • Done a raid!
  • Congrats Brooks. Enjoy it?
  • Was at like 2am and I was bashed on Jameson so yes.

Anyway I have a mic again so, PC users, y'know.

But do chat via dischord since apparently Bung's own voxchat is a bandwidth horrorshow.
  • Yar, never use ingame chat.

Which raid was it? Leviathan? Or one of the more recent ones?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nothing like that first Raid.
  • Speedhaak wrote:

Dropping in and Atheon immedietly dying? Fantastic.
  • Yar, never use ingame chat. Which raid was it? Leviathan? Or one of the more recent ones?

The one with the big cyberscorpion in a diamond. There was some very silly jumping earlier that I kept fucking up. I won a pimp GL that I will never use because its perks are too old.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Yar, never use ingame chat. Which raid was it? Leviathan? Or one of the more recent ones?

The one with the big cyberscorpion in a diamond. There was some very silly jumping earlier that I kept fucking up. I won a pimp GL that I will never use because its perks are too old.

Ah, the raid lair. Yar - good fun that.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Dropping in and Atheon immedietly dying? Fantastic.

Funnily enough, yes - except I was pushed off the cliff over by Orcales by Paul the Sparky...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That bit in Eater of Worlds where you run between points to not get atomized always reminds me of a similar bit from Inside.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I wish they'd do *anything* with Raids to make them relevant again past first completion highs.
  • Instituting rando rolls on the gear the old ones drop is likely the easiest solution.
  • Hard Light nerf due. Pity, it's basically the only way I can get kills for stupid Crucible quests.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Uninstalled. I might (will probably you weak willed grindaholic) be back for the September expansion.

There's lots of questions about the future of games as a service but what Bungie's been doing since Shadowkeep ain't it for me.

I will keep this image of the Drifter as a memento. Like a locket.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Uninstalled. I might (will probably you weak willed grindaholic) be back for the September expansion. There's lots of questions about the future of games as a service but what Bungie's been doing since Shadowkeep ain't it for me. I will keep this image of the Drifter as a memento. Like a locket.

Same.

Great game, great memories, but uninstalled midway through last season. It's just not doing anything at all for me anymore.
  • It really is so sad. Last year was the best Destiny has ever been for me, Forsaken was a phenomenal expansion and the seasonal stuff was legit.

This year has been a whole lot of nothing. Shadowkeep had a cool strike and an okay (though reused) location, but it was massively underwhelming as a whole. The seasonal content this year has been utterly fucking tragic.

I haven't got a single character at max power, haven't played in weeks, and have no desire to load up. How did this go so wrong?
  • I found some regulars abroad to do teamstuff and raids and things with, that's helped, as has following the hilarities of the meta. But it's clearly a product treading water atm, cheaper to lean on yet another round of bounty nonsense than much else.
    This season I have been mostly squeezing out Gambit weapons. Almost a good mode, invasions are dreadfully overpowered though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!