Just completed
  • Facewon wrote:
    Console gamer right there. Pitiful pile of shame.

;)

Ha! Went back to Metro Exodus Face as bounced off it on release but gonna try again.
  • Oh now that's a great shout. It's got issues, but it's a good un.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Oh now that's a great shout. It's got issues, but it's a good un.

Loved the others but just didn’t capture me within the first couple of hours. Will hopefully stick to it. Get it finished before Doom Friday would be amazing.
  • Detroit: Become Human.
    Okay, I know some people thought this was shite, and the QTE (especially the fights and action sequences) was pants at best and unfair at worst, but I'm so glad I played this through spoiler free and refused to replay chapters.

The direction of some of the scenes was incredible with some genuine emotional punches. It stands out as the only game that has ever moved me to tears in parts.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I should crack on with it really, that's a strong review
  • I managed to get all of the main characters to the very end, but didn't get happy endings. I don't feel any need to start OCDing the chapters to see every outcome, though.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I finished a play through of Fire Emblem: Three Houses last night. I did the emo kid run and aligned with the church too. I may go back to do another run one day, but for now I’ve had my fill.

I may have been, at some stage, not playing the game right. I made it through around 90% of the missions, but then had to drop the difficulty to normal from hard - as I was getting totalled in the mission and there was no option to go back and make amends. I think it was connected to the training/seminars and not enough variation. I didn’t get any feedback from the game in that though until it was too late.

Anyhoo - it’s a very good FE game. Loads of content, a good story*, and was quite well put together from a quality perspective.

* One question about the story
    Spoiler:

• how long does a run take?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Detroit: Become Human. Okay, I know some people thought this was shite, and the QTE (especially the fights and action sequences) was pants at best and unfair at worst, but I'm so glad I played this through spoiler free and refused to replay chapters. The direction of some of the scenes was incredible with some genuine emotional punches. It stands out as the only game that has ever moved me to tears in parts.

I really liked it too.  Expected bobbins and came out surprised and touched.  A little heavy handed here and there but generally pretty good.
  • Heavy handed sort of works in the those QTE narrative types. I've only played Heavy Rain properly but the David Cage stuff has merits. He's less of a hack than Kojima.

[presses triangle to dive under table]

They also bring non gamers into the fold.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ...but the David Cage stuff has merits. He's less of a hack than Kojima.

John Wayne Gacy is less of a murderer than Ted Bundy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yoku's Island Express (BoneX)

So yeah I quite liked it. Mellow exploring, bit of pinball, doesn't outstay its welcome. A generous [8], though clearly Ori2 is better despite the same score...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does Detroit have any bits that surpass Cage's best work?

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Completed Black Mesa.

It's a really good remake (and re-imagining in the case of Xen) of a hall of fame FPS that's well worth £15 if you ever wondered on Half-Life's classic status or you fancied a revisit.

Only complaints are some of the Soldier encounters are a bit too difficult and not that fun (as in the original) and the new Xen is way too long.
  • That chase sequence is amazing.
  • Not enough people know about the hospital chase in A Way Out. It's the most fun you can possibly have in a hospital now or ever.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not enough people know about the hospital chase in A Way Out. It's the most fun you can possibly have in a hospital now or ever.

Me and elm were genuinely impressed by that sequence.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also, *massive a way out spoilers coming* the amount of
    Spoiler:
    is hilarious.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    Yoku's Island Express (BoneX)

So yeah I quite liked it. Mellow exploring, bit of pinball, doesn't outstay its welcome. A generous [8], though clearly Ori2 is better despite the same score...

I went for an outlandish [9] when I finished it. It's not a 9 by any stretch of the imagination really, but I did love my time with it.
  • 12.Doom Eternal - 10 Hours - 9/10 - Xbox One X

What an awesome ride. Not gonna lie, it took a little getting into, I was worried that maybe I remembered Doom 2016 far too positively and it wasn’t the game I remembered, but after a couple of hours it all sinks in and just gets better and better. Sound is incredible, visuals outstanding, levels are just one room of non-stop action after another aside from the one thing that brings the score down. The swimming and climbing/jumping sections are just awful, really irritating. It says a lot that the rest of the game is that good that you can simply look past them. Seriously, buy this game and Rip and Tear.
  • Ye, it's better than the OG, but it took a while for me to get into the loop they wanted me in. Much like Sekiro, if you play it as intended, it's a total blast. If you go against the grain, it's going to be rough. It's still mostly doable without leaning too heavily into the mechanics if you play on Hurt Me Plenty, but the second you step up to Ultra Violence you need to be hyper aware of how to get the most out of the combat system, otherwise you're in for a rough time. I am now finding stuff I found challenging on HMP fairly easy on UV.
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4)

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Combat was nice, and although new skills were learnt (RPG like, so XP was earnt and could be spent), they generally seemed to fit with existing control scheme, so the new combat moves would appear in combat without having to learn more button combos. Admittedly there was a bit of button mashing at times but that was more due to my lack of finesse than necessity.

Story and characterisations fitted what would be expected from a Spidey-themed game/film and the sound and graphics were also good.

Combat and movement felt very similar Batman Arkham City, so much so that I had to look-up whether it was made by the same people. 

9/10
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Might be what I play next. Midway through a couple at the mo though #classicmuzz
  • I started that properly just before my PS4 frazzled itself. First three hours were fun.
  • Amazing looking game too. Looks next gen in places.
  • 13.Resident Evil 3 Remake - 6 hours - 10/10 - Xbox One X

Oh man that was THE SHIT! Just awesome. Absolutely incredible looking, perhaps the best I’ve seen in a number of ways and great sound pumped out too. It’s a reimagined Resident Evil 3 really with a number of changes, new environments, weapons, all the normal additions. But it’s just so good from beginning to end. Never lets up but you never run out of breath or get bored with the pace. May only have been short, but I more than got my monies worth. I’d rather have 10 awesome short campaigns to play then 1 long game that despite its quality can get tiresome. Too many contemporary games last an age and you end up wanting them to come to an end. This I want to dive straight back into. Easy 10, couldn’t be better.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A Short Hike (PC)

Lovely little game.  Short but sweet, some very nice moments.  A generous [9].

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!