Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Yeah, but wasn't it listed as 'age' or was that a different game?
  • I’ve just checked, and it wasn’t a slider on the first DoA, it was just a switch on or off bouncing boobs. When I think about it, I’m sure the slider was depressingly in a much more recent game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Gimme electromagnetic gloves for mounting purposes pls.

Dirty boy.
  • Decided to go back, for a third time...and finally stuck to it and finished this. Unluckily the first time I think it was up against Zelda, the second time I never really tried I don’t think, but this time I pushed through the relearning curve and it is without question an amazing game. Absolutely stunning, good to play without being great, an interesting world and enjoyable story, and most of the main characters are interesting as well as the main being very much so. There’s definitely something missing but I can’t quite put my finger on it. But, I have definitely enjoyed it at the third attempt, really glad I went back...again.
  • What was missing for me was a sense of a home, or anywhere to return to. I can't think of another open world game that didn't have something like this. I felt like a vagrant for all of the game which just kept moving me along. It'd have been a nice touch to be able set up a home in a choice of one of the settlements. I always felt a bit detatched from the world I was supposed to be saving.

I have to say, I really loved how during the end battle
    Spoiler:
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • It was a gorgeous game but I didn't think it was particularly good for story hoppers.  I played it going from mission to mission, so it took me 17hrs or so, but it seemed better suited to getting into the swing of things.  It's a balancing act I guess, creating an open world game that caters for to all types of players.  Red Dead Redemption was a good one for both camps imo.
  • Andy wrote:
    I’ve just checked, and it wasn’t a slider on the first DoA, it was just a switch on or off bouncing boobs. When I think about it, I’m sure the slider was depressingly in a much more recent game.

The Saturn port came first, pretty sure that had the adjustable age thing.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It was a gorgeous game but I didn't think it was particularly good for story hoppers.  I played it going from mission to mission, so it took me 17hrs or so, but it seemed better suited to getting into the swing of things.  It's a balancing act I guess, creating an open world game that caters for to all types of players.  Red Dead Redemption was a good one for both camps imo.

I'd say that's because you can get though all of red dead with your starting gear, or if you need something else the game gives it to you at that moment (like a rifle). HZD rewards you for exploring by giving upgrades, and your life is harder if you don't go down that path
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yep.  I felt underpowered in certain sections for sure.
  • It was definitely designed with the placement of sidequests nearby the main quests. Trouble is, I went OCD and hoovered up the side quests and didn't take main quests for fear of locking content. I played the whole game spoiler free and didn't realise that there were no points of no return where you could miss out something. Must have clocked over 100 hours but this included the expansion.

Still one of my favourites of this gen
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • The silence on the subject of a sequel is deafening.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    The silence on the subject of a sequel is deafening.

They already said it's in the works.
  • It’ll be launch window PS5 without doubt. They’re advertising for positions to work on it at the moment so it’s not that quiet is it?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Coming to PC in August. 60fps 4k here we go.
  • I need to go back and finish this really. I was enjoying it a lot, just think I focused on getting all the extras done rather than the story. There are a lot of icons on the map and I liked clearing them off before moving on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mechanics of it are amazing if you use the fill range of abilities. There's genuinely so many ways to approach stuff, it's not quite Mohan, but it's still impressive. Plot goes very muchb
    Spoiler:
    at the end, which I like when that happened in 2010, but didn't need again.

I'd play another game with those mechanics.
  • I bounced off after the Rocky training montage and first Dino encounter and keep meaning to go back.  Perhaps this turned up to ultra is the time?
  • The deeper you go into the game, the more awesome the robo-dinosaurs become. I imagine it'll look glorious in 4K; probably still the best looking game on PS4.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you like tearing shit off dinosaurs then it's the game for you.
  • I have never tried this but perhaps I do like tearing shit off stuff? Hmmm
  • I never understood why everyone calls them dinosaurs. I think they're all based on present day animals.
  • Probably cos the one on the box and much of the promo materials, thus the one most people will probably associate with the game, is a Thunderjaw, which is based on a T-Rex.
  • The big birds must be ancient as well?
  • I think the game is more accurately pre-historic, what with all the mega-fauna, sabretooths etc, but that translates to the average joe as DINOS
  • Essentially, with Horizon Zero Dawn, Guerrilla Games made ZOIDS - the videogame.

1224384402.g_0-w_g.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So apparently the PC port is shocking. So I've yarred it and installing now, lets go.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bar some stuttering when the UI updates it runs like an absolute dream. 4K is fucked however, 90fps+ on 1440 Ultra. Looks stunning, will buy when cheaper.
  • Does it have that mode that means I don’t need to set to 4K and instead set it to like old level standard level tv and it’ll be all uprezzing to like 16k and then it’ll melt everything including my screen and eyes?

If it has then just use that instead? Dlss is it?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It doesnt have DLSS. Its a lazy port tbh jist not as bad as THE INTERNET says
  • I’ve just played this after not playing since release and the combats shite, can’t remember it being that bad before.

Maybe it’s the button layout, cos that’s all to fuck.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!