Comedian Comedy HAHA LOL Thread Thread
  • three1ne wrote:
    Also got the Chris Morris bio Disgusting Bliss. Any of you read it?
    Half way through it. Havent read it for a few weeks. Its good although it hasnt quite gripped me yet.
    I heard a podcast recently that was saying this book suggests that Stewart Lee came up with Partridge. Apparently he, Richard Herring, Brooker and Graham Linehan were writers for On The Hour, Brasseye and The Day Today. Had no idea.

Yeps. Patrick Marber was the guy (I believe) that had a particular problem with Lee. Lee wanted to sort out a proper contract for writing credits on Partridge and Marber disagreed on some level.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • three1ne wrote:
    Why is this £15 bloody quid and only available on Amazon? Assume its the price Lee/company set themselves. Annoying.

I walked into HMV and walked out with a copy.. it was £15.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret wrote:
    While I will purchase CRW, I have, in the manner he claims to detest, acquired it for now.  Watched half last night, fucking excellent.  He's occupying a higher plane now.

The show is brilliant. I love the interview afterwards where he explains how the show comes together as a whole.

My favourite bit during the show is where he explains how hard it is to write a show as a whole work and not a series of gags you can cut into packets that you can then do on Live at the Apollo or Mock the Week. Because you can't do that.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Is the joke that you can actually do that with his stuff?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Erm.. no.

That's kind of why he's never on Apollo or Mock I guess...

He seems like the kind of guy who probably isn't stashing millions outside of the reach of the taxman.
    The Forum Herald™
  • But obviously you can cut his stuff into packets, like the reading out of comments posted above, for example.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • But it's got a complete narrative so it probably works better in context. It's a bit pedantic cos I don't think that would work on Apollo or Mock.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I found a recording of a Sadowitz show on da torrents and I found him to be utterly unfunny. Mind you, I gave up after about 20 minutes, maybe he got better. I was hoping he'd be offensive but he wasn't at all. More like a 15 year old telling jokes behind the bike sheds, except not funny. "You shouldn't fuck kids because you'll get your foreskin caught in their braces". Not offensive, not funny. Plus he's Jewish so how would he know?
  • I've only ever seen him perform once to about 100 people in a tiny venue the size of someone's living room and he was brilliant, nearly provoked a scuffle with two hecklers who weren't into the card tricks.
    I do think the chaos element he seems to generate by offending over-sensitive sorts is part of the fun that's maybe missing from a recording.
    Apparently his Leicester square shows last Christmas were a sell out despite Stewart Lee's show running at the same time in the same building.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah maybe. He certainly didn't get his comedy across in the recording I heard.
  • Different strokes I suppose, Louis CK's stand up makes me wince, but I love his TV show.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sadowitz is supposed to be about the live show, its why he barely releases anything.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've only ever seen him perform once to about 100 people in a tiny venue the size of someone's living room and he was brilliant, nearly provoked a scuffle with two hecklers who weren't into the card tricks.
    I do think the chaos element he seems to generate by offending over-sensitive sorts is part of the fun that's maybe missing from a recording.
    Apparently his Leicester square shows last Christmas were a sell out despite Stewart Lee's show running at the same time in the same building.

It weren't a sell out. I went and on the night I was there the place was only about 10 or 20% full despite the show being very good. And it was after Lee's show, I think Lee was on at about 7.30, Sadowitz was on at 9.30.
  • The same time of year. They slightly overlaped iirc, Sadowitz's show was coming to the end of its run as Lee's was starting. Shame it wasn't full, Leicester Square Theatre's Facebook were obviously lying, then.
    I was intending to head over to London and catch both shows, but rescheduled once I found out Stanhope was due a few months later.
    Unfortunately £300 for flights and an apartment/hotel before even buying tickets is a bit much for me for a 60 min show, despite my love for my favourite stand ups.
  • Watched Stanhope's Word Of Mouth show on YouTube. Fucking incredible. I that Joe Rogan guy he worked with any cop? Think there's one of his on the ol' US Netflicky.
  • Watched Stanhope's Word Of Mouth show on YouTube. Fucking incredible. I that Joe Rogan guy he worked with any cop? Think there's one of his on the ol' US Netflicky.
    Meh to Rogan. His real claim to fame was outing Carlos Mencia as a chronic joke thief.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP

No idea. The support guy on his last tour was rubbish.
  • Ended up watching that one he had on Netflix. It was.... Alright, I guess. I already like him as a class act co-commentator on UFC, so was already inclined to like him.

Watched the second half of Bill Burr's "You People Are All The Same" show, which is a Netflix exclusive thingy. Utterly hilarious. Again, his points of topic are old, but what he says and how he delivers is fucking superb. Crying with laughter at him. Highly recommended.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Shall watch that tonight, Gav. Burr, me liked him in the Breaking Bad.
  • Bill Burr, nice recommendation afgav. Bought it from his site for 5 dolla.
  • Never heard of, will check.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched the second half of Bill Burr's "You People Are All The Same" show, which is a Netflix exclusive thingy. Utterly hilarious. Again, his points of topic are old, but what he says and how he delivers is fucking superb. Crying with laughter at him. Highly recommended.

It was good. No crying with laughter but entertained me for 70 minutes.
  • Fair enough.

Just been informed that theres two Aziz Ansari specials on UK Netflix now. Been choking to see them.
  • First one is really good, second he is kinda surfing on his old work. Bill Burr was decent. Constant lols but no crying.
  • I may have been smoking smokey stuff that night.

Watching the first just now. It's.... Alright so far.
  • I like Aziz's style. Completely see how he could divide people though.
  • Ahhhh its got better with the R.Kelly talk.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Love Stanhope, but yes his time has come. Jim Jeffries picks up the mantle very well, even stealing an Amsterdam joke from him. Also I made that silly Aussie bugger laugh so hard he gave me a credit in Stoke. I just wish that bloke in the audience didn't have a highway attack, now I'll never know if he fucked the fat bird until he gets the DVD out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!