Have we got a Dead Space 3 thread yet?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Jesus christ this bit with the drill is just annoying.

It seems like it's designed best with a co-op partner but it's a little overwhelming on your own.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Jesus christ this bit with the drill is just annoying.

It seems like it's designed best with a co-op partner but it's a little overwhelming on your own.

I completely agree, you could see how it was set up to be tackled in two players. I just found the extra enemies to be bloody annoying.

I also agree with the fact that the human enemies were shit (as mentioned by someone previously).

However, on the whole, I quite liked it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I spent 15 minutes makng a gun, then the gun was shit :(
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shit thing to put in the demo really.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Micro transactions to improve weapons? BYE DEAD SPACE
  • Or just don't use them?
  • Eurogamer bit about it.

Doesn't sound good and I don't think it's a strong enough franchise to try this on either.
  • I am not sure this IP needed another game this gen.
    I really enjoyed the first two but the demo of this left me a little cold.
    Visually very nice but as Gunn mentioned all the atmosphere has been drained away by the open environments and the NPCs. As others have said also, the human combat was pants and the cover just plain didn't work for me at all.
    The weapon mods system sounds like a good idea but the machine tool qualities of the guns made the previous games for me, and having some machine gun, force punch melee rifle doesn't really appeal. 
    I am being a bit harsh after only playing a demo but I predict a competent but ultimately misguided addition to the franchise.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    but the demo of this left me a little cold.

OH COME ON.
  • Ha
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's so much neg stuff about this that unless Tempy can persuade me to play if co op I don't really know if I want it sullied. Still a bit bitter with the whole ME3 MP stuff
  • M8 u know Tempy coop is da shiz
  • As far as the micro-transactions go, I thought it was simply that you had the option to pay for the parts but could also find them in the game, no?
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • It is, yes. I don't think it'll be as gamebreakingly awful as everyone suggests it will be, and I liked the demo. I understand the first was a stone cold brilliant horror game, but the second started an evolution to action that the third continues. It's like the Resi series, what do people expect? It's still fraught, and scary, but it's just quicker and more fluid; with your increased skills you don't outrun your opponent, he evolves to match you still.
  • I don't get the problem then. Similar stuff was said around Mass Effect 3's MP, and that didn't exactly break the mode. This isn't even in the competitive part though, and if you can choose not to do it, what's the issue?
  • And yeah as far as bigger set-pieces more enemies, that doesn't seem to remove its horror credentials. After the terrible arse about RE6 being not horror when it was more horror than the two games before it, then yeah I'm inclined to play the game first and then decide.
  • I liked the drill part, it was difficult but manageable.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I liked the bit where the snowstorm clears and you can see the mining facility.

I tried a co-op game yesterday and tarts that me and this random were we kept changing our suits in the suit wardrobe by the first generator.
  • When the snow clears you can hear a flute motif that is right out of Alien.
  • The issue with micro transactions in this for me, is the degradation of the atmosphere of the game into more of an action game. It's the same thing EA did with Mass Effect 3, essentially turn it into a third person shooter but with some extra elements. Horror for DS3 and RPG for ME3.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • They aren't forced on you though, they're optional. Microtransactions didn't make Mass Effect 3 more of a TPS than an RPG, it's a journey that started with 2, the same as what has happened with Dead Space. Bigger studios, bigger ideas, more marketing. It's how EA do stuff.

Obviously some people won't like it, but it's what games do. Bigger and better with each iteration. To have expected different seems misguided.
  • It's sequelitis , everyone wants the sequel to be the same but at the same time full of new ideas . 

When developers make the next game and is virtually the same sort of game , they get slated and when they change things they get slated . It normally comes down to a compromise of ideas. 

Regarding micro-transactions I'm not bothered and never use them but they should never be used to the detriment of the game . These seem more like shortcuts , the same as they use in other games to unlock tracks , tiger woods courses and most other EA games
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Finally got round to trying the demo, co-op with my usual buddy. It's possibly the worst thing i've played since, God knows when!

Dreadful! Consider the franchise ruined.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm with ma man Curtis. This had the double misfortune of being a bit shit then being followed up by me dipping my toes into the DMC demo which was TEH Dug's Testes
  • Now buy the game
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just had an email saying it's been despatched. I didn't know when this was out so it came as a shock!
  • I'm not for micro-transactions, but I don't mind their presence so long as they don't intrude into the experience. My fear for this business model, and doubly so because it's our old axis of evil friend EA, is that publishers will demand devs to craft gameplay that pushes players towards these timesavers or resource shortcuts. Creating situations where only by grinding will you be able to progress, as we see in free mobile games, but not in a £40 retail title. This is the danger.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I don't know if Dead Space 3 is really a sign of that slippery slope bit though. As with Mass Effect 3, being able to purchase the ammo packs and that was just totally unnecessary. It would be a different thing entirely if this was required to play the game.
  • I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My feeling on the microtransactions is that Visceral and EA are entitled to introduced whatever mechanics they want, but in adding unknown quantities to their game like this they're undermining some of the advantages in working with an established IP. If this mechanic had been part of the series since the first one it's unlikely that anyone would give a shit, but potential pre-orderers are are being asked to accept a potentially pervasive new mechanic without experiencing it first-hand before. It adds an element of risk to an inherently risky £40 purchase. I think a lot of people will reasonably want to wait and see what the reaction to it is when it comes out, maybe even wait for a price-drop to reduce the element of risk, and I can't imagine that being that Visceral or EA wants really.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!