Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hmm I'd the whole day to play and for some strange reason I waited 'till now to try and play. Opps. World full, please try again later :/ And There's a 24 hour maintenance tomorrow to bring the new Worlds online :/
  • Just tried myself and couldn't get in 1017 people waiting...

Also remembered that the server crashed on me last night to the point I had to physically switch off my ps3, so hopefully haven't lost anything!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Well my pc appears fucked, so I'm out it seems.
  • PS3 Dante?

I've actually played my character on Phoenix more than anything over the last few days.  I'm enjoying starting from scratch again as you learn the mechanics of each job much better.  It's interesting how you have to adapt your play style by using levequests, hunting logs, fates and the duty finder when you take a job through an area that you quested through on an easrlier job.  Works alright but it's a touch more grindy.  

Agree with Matty about the general atmosphere. Really feels like a proper FF.  The storyline feels right.

Hope the update sorts out more issues than it creates!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Story feels right but they should have just left the VO's out. They are too inconsistent and irregular to actually add anything. Other than that, having a good time. I think tanking might prove to be tricky using a gamepad but we'll see. A lot of people whining that it's too easy, but I think it's just about right. The levelling speed seems to be nice and slow too, well, at least slower than previous games. Definitely feeling that 'buzz' when a new quest hub opens up or a cool new piece of armour becomes available ;)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Managed to get a good 5 hours in this afternoon.

Switched my Level 12 Mage to a Level 1 Fighter. It's pretty slow going on the levelling-up because you have to find low level missions which you haven't already cleared or discovered. The close combat is a nice change, but i think i prefer blasting shit from distance.

Once the maintenance is over, i'll start a couple of new characters of different classes, cause its much easier/faster to level them up to the point where they're semi-decent. Plus i don't fully understand the point of learning new skills etc, if you can't mix & match them straight away. I suppose i'm too used to the Soul's games where you can learn a bit of everything and use each style according to the particular enemy type.

Great game though. And soooo good looking!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Don't forget the greater the margin between your main job level and the new job you are levelling determines XP bonus. That's why it's probably best to take one job to at least 30 before switching. Also, do the Hunting Log Missions. Those are independent for each class and grant nice XP bonuses for each segment.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Are they on the Notice Boards?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nope. Open up the menu and click on Hunting Logs. It'll give you a list of creatures to kill for XP bonuses ect. Out in the World then, mobs that need to be killed for this Hunting Mission will have a unique item next to their name so always kill them when you come across one :)
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    from Sony:
    All customers that purchased the digital version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition, or Collector’s Edition, from PlayStation Network on 27th or 28th August will receive a full refund and will be able to find the funds in their wallet as soon as this is processed.
    In addition, the entitlements of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition or Collector’s Edition will be reset and the title will appear again in the download list.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
    source
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well, got my Chocobo tonight. Somehow I managed to miss a quest in the main story at level 16 (I'm now level 24) and it took me ages to re-find the quest path. Anyway, only took about 6 hours to get the mount :P Still a lot quicker than FFXI, if memory servers. Although technically, that wasn't for a mount. Just transport.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The server and queuing issues seem to have been fully resolved. It's still very busy on each server though.

@ Haak - Are you on Phoenix? I just started a fresh build on there. Wasn't happy with my main since i switched vocations too early. Started with an Archer this time.

*Edit* How many different parts of the 'World' are there? As in; i was just playing in Thanalan (sp?), which is the desert section. Now this new build i'm in Gridania, which is the Forest. How many more and are they connected? And how is it chosen, is it server based, or class based?
  • It's class based I think. 

Glad to hear the servers have been sorted, I'll start a build on Phoenix too.
  • ayns wrote:
    PS3 Dante? I've actually played my character on Phoenix more than anything over the last few days.  I'm enjoying starting from scratch again as you learn the mechanics of each job much better.  It's interesting how you have to adapt your play style by using levequests, hunting logs, fates and the duty finder when you take a job through an area that you quested through on an easrlier job.  Works alright but it's a touch more grindy.   Agree with Matty about the general atmosphere. Really feels like a proper FF.  The storyline feels right. Hope the update sorts out more issues than it creates!

Can't afford it. I was planning on using my free time they give for having bought XIV originally, but that expires on the 9th. Since I'm pretty sure that my power supply is gone, doesn't look like I'll be on this anytime soon.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    The server and queuing issues seem to have been fully resolved. It's still very busy on each server though. @ Haak - Are you on Phoenix? I just started a fresh build on there. Wasn't happy with my main since i switched vocations too early. Started with an Archer this time. *Edit* How many different parts of the 'World' are there? As in; i was just playing in Thanalan (sp?), which is the desert section. Now this new build i'm in Gridania, which is the Forest. How many more and are they connected? And how is it chosen, is it server based, or class based?

Yup, on Phoenix, Shinzo Prime. Add me :) Got into a very nice casual Free Company that you might like, good chaps. Along with Ul'Dah and Gridania there is Limsa Liminsa as well, the Pirate City. Those are the three main city hubs. Although, I would strictly stick to one with your current class/job. The idea being that if you level another class/job you have options of lower level quests in these other cities. 

Anyway, see you online.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They've been walking about the PS4 version. Will be in full 1080p. If you have the PS3 version you can do an upgrade to the PS4 version but since it's essentially a transfer of your log-in rights, you won't be able to use the PS3 version any more. They've pretty much admitted that playing this through Remote Play on Vita will be shit.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    They've been walking about the PS4 version. Will be in full 1080p. If you have the PS3 version you can do an upgrade to the PS4 version but since it's essentially a transfer of your log-in rights, you won't be able to use the PS3 version any more. They've pretty much admitted that playing this through Remote Play on Vita will be shit.

Nice. I'd probably jump over to PS4 if I bought one.
  • The PC client is getting a DirectX11 upgrade around the same time the PS4 version is released. Apparently it's their next big milestone, which will also improve the graphics of what is already a very pretty game.

I play with a few friends on Moogle if anyone is on the server. Complete addict (Speedhaak can confirm that). My character:  Character profile

I have it on PS3 as well, but don't play any serious content on the pad. Mainly I just use a pad to craft, gather, level sub-classes, as I can lay down on my sofa with the pad :D.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I can confirm his utter madness yes. ;) If I had the time I'd be right there with ya :P
  • *resurfaces

Loving it.

*plunge
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I just hit Level 15 and (as you know) opened up the game proper. I too am loving it.

When and where do i get myself a helper? And what level do you unlock mounts?
  • You get a mount around level 20. Just follow the story quests, they unlock everything along those lines. From mounts to materia melding.
  • By helper do you mean a retainer? The retainer is how you sell stuff on the market board and also acts as your bank.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So is this, like, actually fun?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • You liked XI ERE.  This is just as immersive.  There is real meat.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Soulss wrote:
    By helper do you mean a retainer? The retainer is how you sell stuff on the market board and also acts as your bank.

I meant the little pets that follow you about.
  • Ah you just start getting them from quests, dungeons, vendors, fates etc.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    So it's almost time to sub, and I'm not sure if I will. I like the game a lot, but there are a couple of factors holding me back. 

1) I don't have the time I used to dump into MMOs, most everyone in my FC has multiple 50s at this point, with me not even having one. I'm a competitive player and I like mastering my class and being held to high account for it but I'm not sure if I can see that happening with only a handful of hours a week to play. Real life sucks. 

2) Initially I really liked the GCD, it's still nice but I'm not sure it really suits me. Sometimes I find myself nearly falling asleep if I'm grinding some FATES or just doing fetch 'n kill quests. After games like TERA it's a bit of a chore, but it does add strategy to Dungeons ect so it's not all bad.

3) Content locked behind story mode. Again, I like the story, but again, I don't play MMOs for a story, if I want a good story I'll go off and play Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Having content locked away behind story quests is a bit of a chore, as some nights I'll literally be hours doing story quests and only get 20-30 k xp out of a current pool of around 165k needed for a level. 

That's about it, a great game indeed though. Certainly one of the best MMOs of the last five or so years.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've had my £16's worth in the past month.

I do like it, but dunno if i wanna shell out on the sub when i'll only be playing in fits & starts.

Beautiful looking game though. One of my faves from that perspective.
  • That's a couple more months of my life gone.

Going back for more.  \o/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!