Final Fantasy XIV
  • Level 24, done more story things, went to a banquet and became Paul Atreides for the people.

I dunno. There's plenty of things that make me squirm but there's something in this that makes me want more. I think it's the scale combined with little touches that make it feel like a living world, kinda in a similar way how Yak takes a much smaller map/s tries its best to fit as much as it can into it. I feel I'm in an actual place, somewhere I visit when real life is boring or shitty.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've tried to get into it a few times, and am willing to try again, but.....the thing actually repulses me. God awful menus, cringe dialogue and when I finally got to do actual combat I was bored within seconds.

It doesn't help that I cannot stand the FF universe and have never lasted on a FF game for more than an hour. I turned it off last night and could feel a knot of rage building in my stomach.

I don't think it's for me. I'd probably feel the same about any mmo these days though to be fair.
  • The solo combat stuff is a bit dull tbf but the dungeons and raids are masterful in how they make everyone work their job at all times. I'm always amazed at how they keep adding new techniques and challenges and twists to the battles with each new expansion.
  • Yeah I hung around for bosses, and some of them are the best in the entire medium's history.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    New seasonal event just started and you can get a mount from it. You need to be level 15 and I think you need to be far enough in the story to travel between the three main cities.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2024/Little_Ladies_Day_Hatching_tide/fnvycqn3ol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!