myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Slaps so hard that they have to stop people registering new accounts and stop selling the actual game.
  • Truly deserved slaps.
  • Officially nearing EW, I can very definitely confirm this game has some of most confidently and competently executed boss battles I've ever played. Granted, you need to do a lot of other more mundane things to get to them.
  • Coming to Xbox in time for the new expansion, and the free trial is being extended to include Stormblood.
  • Might have a dabble once it arrives on Xbox. Would love to get another MMO in my life, nothing has stuck since Wow
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I didn't need an MMO in my life at all but this one has been actually very well behaved.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just don't know where I would fit it in, but thet new expansion looks magnificent. Maybe next Summer....
  • If you start next summer you won’t be seeing that expansion content any time soon. No biggie, the base game and other expansions are great, but there’s a lot of content by this point.
  • Took me about 2 months of regular shifts to get from start to Endwalker, for the record. And that was with no job switching whatsoever.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you start next summer you won’t be seeing that expansion content any time soon. No biggie, the base game and other expansions are great, but there’s a lot of content by this point.

Aware of that, but just to be in a place where I could do some doritos and Dr pepper fuelled 8 hour sessions while c was in nursery
  • It does suit short stints too which is nice. There's a lot of filler missions prior to the Big Moments and longer dungeons so you can chip away at it as you like.
  • New details for the big 2024 expansion seem good. 

Graphics update too.
    New jobs. 
    New Boz / eureka style area.
    Female Hroth.
    New raids, dungeons etc.

Free portion of the game expanded to now include the 2nd expansion - Stormblood. So, a good 200 - 300 hours of free content (and it's excellent stuff). 

Aaaaaaand...

Xbox Open Beta startng in February. 

So, wanna play FF14? Never been a better time.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Always knew Krille would get into the hentai artist streamer gig.
  • It’s where the money is at, and the only way to break the hold Tataru has over the whole operation.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Not that I have any particular beef with people posting about this in the main Final Fantasy thread but I just thought it was worth a bump as with Rebirth coming out and a few people having a go at FFXIV at the same time it might make the conversations easier to follow in separate threads.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah I was thinking the same thing, it's a bit awkward crossing the streams and I couldn't be arsed to find this one.

I might give it a read through to keep my noob questions to a minimum. Like I'm level 36 and don't even have a mount yet, where's my chocobo?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's locked through main story quest level, at some point you gotta join a grand company and that'll unlock a quest that's called something like "my little chocobo".
    Character level will out level msq level really easily.

Also making in game parties with free trial players only isn't possible I think, you gotta have a subscription person invite you both to a party. They can dip out after. Easiest to do a shout in one of the main cities. Just in case you ever run into wookie or if frantic hasn't given up making an account yet
  • Can free trial players make parties with each other?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oof. Solo it is then. Cheers for the chocobo info. I was hammering side quests at the start so was over levelled early doors, I've stopped that after my first night on it and now the odd quest is slightly higher level than me. The one dungeon I did with others (the first one you get in Thanalan or wherever I started) saw me trying to keep up with the crew as they speed ran through it. Felt like a spare part.

The NPCs have been fine by and large, except one doofus who didn't have enough hp to tank three Imps and some weird DPS check on the Ifrit fight where they wouldn't help me attack the spike thing so I got Supernova wiped five times on the trot. Thought I was doing something wrong so started to try all sorts of things like putting the big guy to sleep etc
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah people tend to run through dungeons, for most people it's just to tick off a daily thing. I can't say I had much trouble going through it with NPC's on my US character, and I'm post Heavensward (really if you even vaguely enjoy A Realm Reborn stick around for this), but I'm mostly going through the story as a scholar.

Stuff like sleep is never really used, there's the one quest in the black mage job quests that needs it and that's pretty much it.

I dip in and out of the game a lot during my day, so I'm happy to pair people up for a party.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thanks Nina appreciated but I've long given up on this, especially after that revelation.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What revelation?

Are fire 2 and ice 2 ever any good? They seem to be used for AOE type stuff to hit multiple enemies, but don't do much damage and tend to bring too much attention my way to be useful.

I think spamming the 1 version into a single enemy until you run out, then switch to ice to recharge your mana, chuck a thunder on them then a fire 3 to get back to the fire 1 spam. Fire 2 just seems crap in comparison

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    https://www.thebalanceffxiv.com/jobs/casters/black-mage/leveling-guide/

That pretty much explains how to play black mage at each level, usually when there's 3 enemies bunched up it's adviced to switch to aoe spells. I hardly ever do content below lvl 50 so not really sure how fire 2 fits in.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What revelation?

That you can't join parties together.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye it's a bit of a bummer. I'm sure if you're in the same server and queue up for the same dungeon at the same time it'd put you in together though, so you could play with pals without creating a proper party
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just popped level 50, which puts me in the top 2% of Xbox players apparently. Oh dear.

Absolutely loving it. Opened up a new area, explored it and done the dungeon which was more like Monster Hunter than FF. Also had a bit of Dune in a desert section. Got a new weapon and some better clobber, although the black mage stuff really isn't floating my boat and I'm beginning to hate the race I picked and wish I went for a burning old human.

One thing I'm still tinkering with and can never settle on is where my spells go on the hot bar. I seem to be straddling two stools where I've unlocked high power spells but they out level my quests, so when it caps my level the ones ik using are locked out in favour of the less powerful ones. Even swapping between two full sets doesn't cover all bases, and I think anything over that will be too much for my poor noggin and fingers.

Also fuck Triple Triad. Worse than crack. I've not even touched other jobs outside of Thaumaturge/Black Mage and Goldsmith, so there's fishing and treasure hunting and all sorts of shit. I even saw some fucker chopping a tree down, presumably for the Carpentry job. Mad
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think if you finish Heavensward you'll get a free fantasia and you can change your race that way.

For the hotbar, did you look into the character/system settings for the options? A lot of people use the double tap option (cross hotbar or whatever it's called), or the expanded. That should give you enough options although for black mage I have a lvl50 and below set up, aoe set up and end game setup (switch by pressing r1). It's gonna get more complicated (and fun) after 50 though, I'm dying so much while trying to get used to it.
    But you can easily just pick up any other job. Some are locked behind story progress (dancer, red mage, samurai, gun breaker, reaper, sage).

Tree chopping is botanist. You can find it in gridania. I'm currently after all the triple triad cards and it's getting quite the thing to collect them. You basically have to do every other piece of content to unlock some players.
    Also fishing. I want to get all fish but that's most likely a multiple year job.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!