Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    So Endbringer isn't ending the story over the course of its run of content, it's literally ending it with the launch content. An interesting and, let's be honest, more impactful way of doing things.

I only just completed A Realm Reborn last weekend. Watched the trailer for Heavensward today, guess I'll have to prepare myself for the patch quests to get to the really cool stuff.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    So Endbringer isn't ending the story over the course of its run of content, it's literally ending it with the launch content. An interesting and, let's be honest, more impactful way of doing things.

Aye. Given the way ARR set up so many story dominos which have taken years to bear fruit, I wouldn’t be surprised for Endwalker patch quests to set up a new bunch of threads.

Love the way FF14 handles story.
  • Nina wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I only just completed A Realm Reborn last weekend. Watched the trailer for Heavensward today, guess I'll have to prepare myself for the patch quests to get to the really cool stuff.

Which server/data centre @Nina ?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, I'm hoarding all the extra xp on Zodiark.

Would recommend that to anyone jumping in, look for preferred servers, as I never needed to bother about xp. Got plenty by just doing story and the side quests with blue markers (special rewards).
  • Cool. Not my data center but I think that all changes with Endwalker?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • A bump to let curious peeps know that a few of us are back on this - Shabby is just at the back end of ARR, Nina about to enter Heavensward and I’m now properly into Stormcallers. But levels sync for coop content, so it’s easy to play together (mostly).
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oooh…really? I’m currently just working my way though heavensward. I didn’t think anyone was still playing from hereabouts… I’m on twintania so everyone needs to come there and stuff.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • What’s your character name? Can add you as a friend and maybe do some world visit stuff.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Daqs Darik, a level 58? 60? Dragoon on Twintania off the top of the noggin… you must be on some hinky Asian server with your reliably ropey internet surely old boy?
    Hugely over levelled Dragoon for the current content really but I’ve just kind of started the mechanist a bit because.. guns. Innit. Think I’ve got the gear for a samurai and a red mage as well.. should probably get some other jobs on the go.

I’ve no real idea how this kind of thing works still, hundreds of hours in probably now. Got a spammed free company invite that no one ever seems to do or say anything in. So there’s that.
    Solo-ed/duty found everything so far.
    There’s something about link shells? or something? for chatting between worlds/servers? Not a clue.

On the PS5 if that’s of any importance to man or beast.
  • Next time you’re on and see me - gimme a party invite and I’ll see if I can pop over to Twintania to sort out friend stuff.

I’m on Zodiark which shares data centre with twintania so shouldn’t be an issue.

As for lag - I’m in Shenzhen so internet is good, and I have my VPN box singing. Been tanking duties and raids without any real latency to speak of and zero DCs since coming back.

Shocking, I know.
  • Oh, and also PS5.
  • I imagine a slight lag wouldn't hurt this game anyway, even for healers and stuff right? I enjoyed hanging out last night and cruising through some story stuff. 4am didn't even kill me too much today which was nice.
  • I imagine a slight lag wouldn't hurt this game anyway, even for healers and stuff right? I enjoyed hanging out last night and cruising through some story stuff. 4am didn't even kill me too much today which was nice.

Lag can be a killer on high level content e.g Savage raids and primals, but on most MSQ stuff it’s fine. Did Hard-tier primals with Nina and we had no issues at all, zero deaths or anything like that. Gonna try some basic raid content next and see if it holds up, then maybe have a look and see if I can try sth more difficult. For now, everything seems to be fine.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    Oooh…really? I’m currently just working my way though heavensward. I didn’t think anyone was still playing from hereabouts… I’m on twintania so everyone needs to come there and stuff.
    Subbax is often talking about this in the b&b discord as well, if you want a more local timezone badger. Not sure what server he's on.

I'm really enjoying this game, just doing the free content and mainly doing main story, plus Hildebrand. It's proper ramping up now, leaving a bit more fantasy behind and going darker with more empire and grotesque things slowly being added in.
    Spoiler:

• Did some 24-person Syrcus Tower stuff today with @Nina and it was a good time. She even ended up with a raid minion and healer gear, so double win right there.

Won't be long until she is in Heavensward.

For me, Stormcallers is progressing nicely. Just unlocked 2nd tier of SC Clan Centurio hunts and making progress in the main story path. Currently got 6 classes around Level 60 (3 combat, 3 crafter / gatherers) so can mix and match whenever I start to get bored.

Overall, good game, would recommend. Anyone else is always welcome.
  • Oh, and @isanbard - my VPN held up just fine to 24 person content. No DCs, no lag. So am pretty confident we could do MP without issue. Nina is based in the US, and I'm in China but we play on an EU server without any issue. So...join us.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Sounds excellent Mike! I’ll still not trust that dodgy CCP internet so as soon as I can air gap the more sensitive elements of the home network I’m in…

Probably…

With the slight caveat that it’s about 40deg in the shade here this week and next week is the start of the school sodding holidays so TV access could well go right out the window..

But a man can dream.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So, I've been absorbed by this since mid-last year. I'm on Light-Odin and MSQ progress wise I've just cleared Titania.

I was wondering what to spend my 8mil Gil on till I've seen you can actually buy the Primal EX swag / glow weapons on the market board so I will soon not have 8mil Gil.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    So, I've been absorbed by this since mid-last year. I'm on Light-Odin and MSQ progress wise I've just cleared Titania.

I was wondering what to spend my 8mil Gil on till I've seen you can actually buy the Primal EX swag / glow weapons on the market board so I will soon not have 8mil Gil.

Yeah, often see you playing it on Discord, and wonder whether to hit you up. Light EU should mean we can do world visits too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah hit me up whenever you need a body! I've been trying to do EX, Savage stuff and Bue Mage stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just wanted to say that I bought this game and that's pretty much the only thing I hate about it so far, as it's impossible to register and every time you get the error there's potentially a 24 hour wait but you can't see that so have to guess.

Finished Heavesnward (not the patch quests), got two healers to 60 and while waiting for being able to register the game I'm working on a dark knight, and have picked up machinist as well. Not played that yet but I heard the quest line features a character from Heavensward that I like, so will get on that.
  • The vast, vast majority of FF14 forum chat happens on the Discord. Basically, all the daily FFXIV chat. 

But, thought this thread was worth a bump as the latest expansion Endwalker is just days away and this game is very, very good indeed. 

I currently have 4 combat classes and 2 gathering classes at level cap, all geared up and ready to go, so I'm excited.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah that's great man, such a loving community. Hope you all enjoy the new expansion, I am sure it's going to be fantastic! It's great to see FFXIV getting the attention now after the scandal at Blizzard ect!
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Ah that's great man, such a loving community. Hope you all enjoy the new expansion, I am sure it's going to be fantastic! It's great to see FFXIV getting the attention now after the scandal at Blizzard ect!

You gonna pop back on at all? Community overall seems buzzing - never seen the game hubs be so active.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dunno, I am kinda liking the in and out vibe with Halo at the moment. And I reckon the campaign will swallow me whole, ain't enough hours in the day to do everything :P
  • I am at lv76 and haven't even finished Stormblood yet. This game really respects the time of those who don't care to grind.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Can't wait to meet all the bunny boys when Endwalker releases.

Just a heads up, I think free trial players won't be able to log in when queues are full, which is likely to happen in the next 2-3 weeks. No one knows for sure, but if anyone wants to give the trial a go (which is really generous, I was free trial for over a year playing on and off I think), might be better to wait a bit. ARR is quite good at testing patience in itself, but worth it to get through and it still has some really good story moments.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Everyone be getting 7 free days of sub due to the recent congestion.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Everyone be getting 7 free days of sub due to the recent congestion.

That’s great news. I’ve been lucky with logging in, mostly, but that’s likely due to time zones. Thankfully everything has been stable for me too. Not seen a lot of the MSQ but really liked what I’ve seen so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!