Street Fighter V
  • Lack of an arcade release is astonishing if true. Also looks far, far too similar to SFIV as others have said.
  • B4GPO5xCQAAQ0ox.jpg

Could almost be one of those next-gen 'remasters'.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Ken?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Barbie?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Let's go party
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well it's not as if 3 looked massively different to 2 just slightly larger sprites, more intrigued by any mechanic changes, as much as I loved 4 the "I'm getting twatted" super bar was almost game breaking on occasion
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • JRPC wrote:
    Barbie?
    No, Ken. Ken Masters. Ken HD Remasters.

Fuck it. :(
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Stage transitioning is a good call, I'll give them that.
  • Except it just looks cosmetic from that new trailer. Short of a lump of damage for the kick through the wall, what is the point of losing your corner pressure for more stage? Unless it gets even more like Tekken with drop downs, Chun seems to continue a combo OTG in the new gameplay trailer...

"In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Actually the impact on corner pressure is sort of what interests me - it throws a potential spanner at a very old rule of this game design idiom. Like, if cornering becomes something to be avoided as an attacker, hmmm.
  • More interesting than the McFarlane action figure look, again, anyway.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ryu's drop animation looks canned, so no FADC extensions. Unlike floors, however, those walls appear to give at the first ask. Nothing more than an expanding ring with pesky combo-breakers.

Give us a couple of ring-out stages with an on/off menu toggle, if you must.

I'd like Tekken 7 to have a few low walls (various heights) that could lead to launch-based ring-outs. But that has sidestepping, and you'd often get countered by backwallers for too much launch. Depends on whether anyone could make it highly situational, and yet still a viable tactic.

'Cause it's no good having Chaolan carry you over. If the peak height on his MS-cancelled 2,3 was just enough, say.
  • This has resident evil 4 syndrome for me, ie 4 was so fucking good I just can't imagine this being worthwhile or necessary.
  • They said the same about 3rd Strike.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Right, this time I'm going to get into this proper and not give up like the last time(s). 

I'll need one of you to be my Mr Mayagi though.
  • IV was a revelation for me and got me back into games really. I dont think this will have the same impact though! mainly as I play games again anyway.
  • Yeah gameplay vid not very inspiring at all. I'm not a fan of knockdown stamp damage or wall breaking (not inn SF anyway), it all seems very Tekken/MK. Will wait and see though I suppose.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Right, this time I'm going to get into this proper and not give up like the last time(s).  I'll need one of you to be my Mr Mayagi though.

hi
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Good morning, Mr Masters.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Right, this time I'm going to get into this proper and not give up like the last time(s).  I'll need one of you to be my Mr Mayagi though.

hi

Me too plz
  • It would give me great pleasure to show you the ropes.

As helpful as advice is though, the only way to truly improve is to have a sparring partner of roughly the same experience level to regularly play with. If both you guys get into it you'll be set.

Are we talking 5 here? Or would you care for a IV primer session at tome point? If so, get on Ultra as it has a great online training mode. You can play online in a match where you essentially have infinite health, great for tutorials over mic chat.
  • I'm reading in a couple of places that part of the reason for the exclusivity thing was to allow cross-plat multiplayer (PC vs PS4) which apparently MS would have no-no'ed.

Not sure how much truth there is in that, and this ain't my kind of gig anyway, but I'm sure it's cool for those of you who wanna fight someone on different platforms. Hell, I don't even have a PS3 yet...
  • You dont deny your company the potential revenue of selling on an entire platform because the owner of that platform won't let people cross play. That would be financial madness and if true then the company deserves to go down the pan.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Oh, yeah - like I said, not sure how much truth there was in it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My scrub, pad wielding Ryu will come out of retirement for this. Mash punch buttons into 5 hit combo then do ultra when they jump in WIN (note: cannot do Ultra when facing right).
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Woah... Capcom and Sony have pitched this one just right, haven't they?...

Well... A playable version will be available at the Capcom Cup... Nice way to hype that event, though I was already hype  for it...

http://capcomprotour.com/
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Been chatting with my irl SF guru, claim to fame he once took two rounds off Umehara, and he always loved Alpha. I've never been a juggle fan but he made some strong points in favour of it. Will (maybe) check out some alpha when I'm playing games again. Wonder whether revisiting juggles will both make it different enough from 4 and still allow it to bring back some old players. Seemed Alpha had a niche but loyal and numerous following. But then so has every iteration
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The problem I see with this is that IV was so exciting because it took us back to II, which for most people I think was a defining moment in gaming and so hit all the right nostalgia buttons. V also looks like II, so it looks a lot like IV (follow me?), which is less exciting at this point. It would be nice to roll with the success of IV and do something a little different stylistically, in the way they did with III. But then I guess, if it's not broke...

hi

*bows*

It would give me great pleasure to show you the ropes. As helpful as advice is though, the only way to truly improve is to have a sparring partner of roughly the same experience level to regularly play with. If both you guys get into it you'll be set. Are we talking 5 here? Or would you care for a IV primer session at tome point? If so, get on Ultra as it has a great online training mode. You can play online in a match where you essentially have infinite health, great for tutorials over mic chat.

Now sensibly I should set up the 360, attach the £180 tournament stick I never used and play it on that.

In reality, I'm going to buy Ultra on PS4 with a new stick. There's no going back-gen.
  • I think juggles are absolute fucking bullshit, even/especially as an Oro player. It's a reason I never take up Marvel/animefighter games. 3S is as close to taking the piss as I think is tolerable, and even that has standout egregiousness.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!