Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Had a quick few blasts before I had to let the kids carry on with it.

Early impressions are it's fun & I'm starting to get over the lack of pro pad support for the mo.  Did bump into myHighness online, & said to myself, "I know that name from somewhere" just as she splat me.  Checked my friends list on exit.  Gunning for you next time Nina

Gonna slap some hours in later once the tribe has gone a bed.  Try & find my groove.
    Yeah that was me. Wasn't sure if it was you or one of your kids. Was actually hoping the game would put you on the same team if you join a friend, but apparently not.
    Was just getting into in, still playing with default controls, default weapon/clothes , not completely convinced by the controls yet. I had some nice kills in the last couple of games though .

Actually really enjoying this so far, only played last night. Missed the demo sessions, and randomly asked Bas to pick up a copy for me. Went in knowing only what I've seen last e3, not sure if I've ever done that before

• Aye it was me, the kids are all playing this game on their own profiles, so you(or any other badgers) clock & kill me, you got the real deal.

Had a longish session on the game this morning before anyone woke up.  Got to lvl5, did a bit of single player & dipped my toe into the first amiibo challenge.  Brought some stat improving gear, a few weapons & generally had a blast as it started to click. Sacked the motion controls off & bumped the sensitivity right down & felt more at home with it, rather flapping the gamepad around.  Would still prefer to rocking a pro controller, but it's quite not the nightmare I thought it would be using the gamepad.

Watched my boys play local multi against each other this morning, & whilst it's only 1v1 it looked fun.

Hoping to get on later after the boxing.

Will also add, I'm more than happy with the daily 2 map rotation, another thing I thought might grate. Also, only once did I find myself moaning the lack of communication as my team got destroyed during one round.  Team tactics are a little way off for me atm, so that might change, but at the mo, it really is just Splat more of the map than the opposition, no online lingo really needed in these early days.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Me and my boy gave the 1v1 a good play, lots of fun and I was using mainly the pro pad, which meant I was useless with the Gamepad the few times I used it. The online mode appears easy to get into and not feel overwhelmed by pro players picking you off repeatedly.

There's definitely a lack of depth to the game modes but if Ninty come good with the free DLC, I can see this keeping us coming back for more.
    Things can only get better.
  • NEW map tonight.

First ever day 4 dlc?

Also, nes zapper gun!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Destiny NES zapper now inferior to actual NES zapper. Sorry bungie but you got pumped
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    NEW map tonight.

First ever day 4 dlc?

Also, nes zapper gun!

Boom headshot Ink Splatter!

Things can only get better.
  • I think pink yellow is the best combination.
  • It appears that the 'free' stuff isn't DLC at all. But time locked content already in the game data.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's fine. Give the game a tail as long as it's dealt out time. Considering they dropped new map 4 days in, I think they get that
  • Haven't had much time to play this but I'll be on tonight. The maps that are up now seem to similar so here's hoping for something that stands out.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That's fine. Give the game a tail as long as it's dealt out time. Considering they dropped new map 4 days in, I think they get that

Thing is, there's vids out there that show the new maps. And they look fantastic. Why they're not out now is baffling in the extreme, as is the decision to rotate two maps at a time.

Also, locking one game type to regular play and one to ranked is weird.

What they should have done is rotated the game modes between ranked and regular play and opened up all maps for randomisation for both modes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's not "baffling in the extreme" it's because they're trying to keep the game going. You might not agree with it, but there's a reason in their heads for it.
  • Some of the sp maps have a mp map feel to them, so it might be that.

I agree with reg here. I think they've noticed spikes in post launch content with MK and decided a smoother roll out is more beneficial for Splatoon. Given the game lives on its mp there's no incentive to make it completelable in a day or two I think.

Personally I think the map two limitation is fine for the reason that it's the match that is always different. Like how chess is always varied but everything is the same.
  • Essentially they are instilling a feeling with each game that you want something different next time. By shooting their load on day 1 they think they'll give everyone a chance to get bored of everything before the week is out. If people are bored the game is dead.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I mean... Fuckin... Dota
  • Given the game lives on its mp there's no incentive to make it completelable in a day or two I think.

There are people who have already finished the SP, the extra amiibo challenges AND hit the level 20 level cap before the weekend was through. There'll always be people who rinse stuff as fast as is humanly possible.
  • Er....that's my point
  • It's OK to delay it as long as it's free and better as a result. Unlocking on-disc content seems absurd.
  • Seems like a smart way of keeping people coming back, instead of just pleasing the momos who put 20 hours a day in..
  • It's OK to delay it as long as it's free and better as a result. Unlocking on-disc content seems absurd.

If the difference is only whether people need to download it or unlock it then it doesn't really matter. If they are merely gatekeeping complete content by keeping it on their servers then on disc locking is fine. It stops unnecessary Internet downloading.
  • All seems a bit daft to me.

Just give people the game and let them do what they want with it. If it has a short life span, so be it.

But I suppose Nintendo really need this to keep people going for a good few months, because there's not much else.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Seems like a smart way of keeping people coming back, instead of just pleasing the momos who put 20 hours a day in..

Let's face it, it's rushed, which I can cope with if there's plenty of free dlc. To have content on a sparse game that's locked but ready to go is a bit daft.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Seems like a smart way of keeping people coming back, instead of just pleasing the momos who put 20 hours a day in..
    Let's face it, it's rushed, which I can cope with if there's plenty of free dlc. To have content on a sparse game that's locked but ready to go is a bit daft.

Even more daft that these locked items weren't open to reviewers during the review period.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Gonzo wrote:
    I still haven't got this.

Game collection are a shambles

Thats messed up. Have you got in contact yet?

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I've personally not had a problem with Game Collection and always get them early, I'd blame Royal Mail, as they're shite
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I got mine from them a day early.
  • Me too
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Same shite RM that got it in a day early too?
  • I didn't really but there's nothing like lots of people saying "well, I didn't have a problem" to someone who has a problem

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!