Current Affairs
  • If I were Boris Johnson I'd be very worried about her first round of interviews when she's ready. But I'm not, and I suppose he's not worried either
  • If you’re Boris Johnson you’d not be worried about anything in reality.
  • I appreciate Siddiq's calling out of how the much-maligned Truss has actually put effort into resolving this situation, giving her credit for pushing and negotiating and actually achieving outcome. More of this sort of non-partisan stuff please
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Truss has made a better foreign secretary than I was expecting, although those expectations were partially set by Raab and Johnson’s performances in the role, so she had a pretty low bar to clear.
  • Also that pork markets thing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yup, that too.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I appreciate Siddiq's calling out of how the much-maligned Truss has actually put effort into resolving this situation, giving her credit for pushing and negotiating and actually achieving outcome. More of this sort of non-partisan stuff please

So this. OTT adverserial politics does not serve anyone. 

Elections are not Sporting competitions. The winner has to look after ALL the voters not just those that voted them in. Both Politicians and Voters need to realise this
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've not followed Truss's efforts on this but the fact she is on her way home is a result. I'm happy to give credit where it is due.
    Similarly I welcomed Johnson's bit on energy strategy yesterday, although I will caveat that with 'talk is cheap'.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It seems that she has managed to reset relations to the EU to a certain extent as well, removing a lot of the antagonistic nature that was there before, which can only be a good thing.
  • Truss is no Brexit True Believer, so as shite as a person she is, she won't see any benefit in pointlessly antagonising the EU.
  • Hang on

Are you say a Tory MP did something... Good?

What parallel dimension have I been pulled into this time.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It seems that she has managed to reset relations to the EU to a certain extent as well, removing a lot of the antagonistic nature that was there before, which can only be a good thing.

Fairly certain the EU would be delighted to welcome back the UK. Not sure if it would/could happen anytime soon but we can but hope.

I think there is still to much of a Pro Brexit feel to the UK though. Obviously I'm not there but it still seems strong, despite all the obvious problems it has brought.
    SFV - reddave360
  • There is much that can be done before rejoining.
    We may never be a full member again but in time we will align more closely, its inevitable.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Fairly certain the EU would be delighted to welcome back the UK. Not sure if it would/could happen anytime soon but we can but hope.

I think there is still to much of a Pro Brexit feel to the UK though. Obviously I'm not there but it still seems strong, despite all the obvious problems it has brought.

Verhofstadt said as much yesterday:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/brexit-was-loss-for-the-world-guy-verhofstadt/

I don’t think that the UK is there yet, unfortunately.
  • Your current government may be a pack of dicks guys, but I always enjoy meeting people from the UK. Those passports will always be maroon to me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If I was Boris Johnson I'd simply not be an incompetent, corrupt cunt
  • Hang on Are you say a Tory MP did something... Good? What parallel dimension have I been pulled into this time.
    Unclear. It's normally 95% civil servants from both countries. At least she didn't actively undermine Zaghari-Ratcliffe's own legal defence like Johnson did when he was foreign secretary.
  • Strong earthquake off the northeast coast of Japan, tsunami warnings.
  • 2022 playing a fucking blinder...
    SFV - reddave360
  • 7.3 magnitude apparently, so not as strong as 2011's 9.0 quake if those scales are the same. Still, it's right near the Fukushima plant.
  • This sorry about the 15 year old black girl being strip searched with no adult present, by police, is absolutely fucking disgusting
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • She was in an exam. She was taken out by teachers who had noted a "cannabis smell". They found nothing and fucking called the Met. She was having her period. The Met asked her to remove all her clothes, her sanitary towel, bend over and hold her anus open. They found nothing. She replaced the towel, got dressed, and went back to the exam.

It's astonishingly awful, despite everything in the world today, the Met still find a way to make things worse
  • Fucking hell.
    I hadnt seen the details. I assumed that although still unjustified it would have been something considerably more serious than that.
  • The school need to answer for this as well as the Met.
  • Facepalm.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • There are no words. That type of search is 1- only to be conducted at a police station or medical location such as hospital and 2- only to be authorised for searches that are approved by an inspector and with the backing of SOLID intel that you are certain you will find class A drugs. NOT THE FUCKING SMELL OF CANNABIS.

Also 3 - SHE IS A MINOR AND NEEDS PARENTS OR A GUARDIAN THERE.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    She was in an exam. She was taken out by teachers who had noted a "cannabis smell". They found nothing and fucking called the Met. She was having her period. The Met asked her to remove all her clothes, her sanitary towel, bend over and hold her anus open. They found nothing. She replaced the towel, got dressed, and went back to the exam.

It's astonishingly awful, despite everything in the world today, the Met still find a way to make things worse

Fucking wow.
  • I mean a police officer is NOT allowed to use the smell of cannabis as the sole reason for a stop and search.
    A strip search of a minor?! This is so far over the line that the line is a fucking dot
  • christ. ive had that exact treatment at a border crossing before, having to strip naked, bend over, pull cheeks apart. it left me feeling utterly humiliated and enraged. it actually ruined my whole holiday. I feel my blood start to simmer even when I think about it now; that someone took it upon themselves to assert that kind of authority over me. of course, I was a white male in my early 30s, but still it traumatised me. what happened to this girl is sooo much worse. that'll stick with her a lifetime.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!