adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I feel like if you have a shot of a character with a building in the background and the building is very prominent because it's brightly lit and bloomy and then you remaster it and suddenly the building is pretty dark and receding into the background of the scene then that's a pretty major change in composition that wasn't intended by the original creators.

Clearly a lot of fine detail will change in a remaster and people will inevitably think it's either better or worse but some of the lighting changes seem a bit macro level for this kind of project?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Right, when I get home I'm going to post that shot of my Mako trundling towards a distant sunset. The improved god rays alone will burn all your eyes out. You were warned.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s yer ME1 done. Great fun despite the dated jankiness. Now I get to my planet scanning.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I polished off ME1 yesterday too, and dived straight into ME2.  Loving the journey all over again.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just did the intro of ME2. What a great opening to a game.
  • Ha! The Normandy has never looked so good!

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s cool, but would have been better if they’d just Easter egged it in and people just started posting videos saying they’ve found the Normandy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Just did the intro of ME2. What a great opening to a game.

YES
  • Great opener and a good way of covering the fact character models couldn't be taken from ME1 and didn't exist on PS3.
  • Also I caved and bought this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good man! While ME1 was like going back to watch an old film I thought I loved but I didn’t, ME2 is like revisiting something I’ve watched over and over. It’s such a well made game and I don’t think playing 3 closely after this is going to change my mind. 

#me2forlife
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh god, the planet probing addiction is real.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t got that far yet just on the first mission. The lighting compared to ME1 is much much better. Can’t wait for a bit of planet scanning :-)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Haven’t got that far yet just on the first mission. The lighting compared to ME1 is much much better. Can’t wait for a bit of planet scanning :-)

I think I’m spending too much time with ME1 but it’s still so good...
  • I too am still plodding through ME1 but how much of this stuff could they have fixed before it switched from being a remaster to a remake?:

Why is it when I try and activate some of my team's powers on distant enemies they 'spend' their ability, it goes into recharge mode, but it has no discernible effect on the enemy? Why doesn't it supply an 'out-of-range' notification, rather than executing the power with no effect? Maddening.

I only have to get 'touched' by a charging enemy Krogan for it to be 'game over' on the higher difficulty levels. There's no enemy melee execution, no animation move at all. Shoddy.

Someone else mentioned this, but why do I have all the stamina reserve of an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping when attempting to sprint anywhere?
  • There are still some aspects of ME1 that are a bit clunky thats for sure.

Using powers is so much better in 2 and 3. I thought this might be the kind of thing that was resolved.

Some other stuff would go over the line into remake territory remains and highlights the game's age a bit. There is way too much equipment thrown at the player, just tons of duplicates. The side quests involve a lot of back tracking around.

Someone else mentioned it but Shepard has the running endurance of a fat kid. That probably could have been fixed. Just give us infinite run outside of battle.

New bugs. I've had a few now involving the Mako. One where once out the A button stopped doing anything, had to load the game again. Another where the Mako was wheel spinning, got out and had Mako controls still.

I'm enjoying it still but pushing through to 2 really.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I brought up the running thing pretty much irritated me from the start. Yet it seems to be the same in ME2. Having said that I’ve not got far through the game.

Bugs wise there is one mission (the one with the colonists and the plant creature) where Tali just got stuck and I just carried on without her. Every time I got to a cut scene she appeared but she just would get stuck in the level after. Apparently a know. Bug from years ago and amazed stuff like this hadn’t been patched.

Also had a bit on Virnire where the Mako got stuck and Shepherd was doing som stuff where she would be point 90 degrees off axis from where I was pointing. In both cases it sort of sorted itself out but again these must have been known bugs they could have patched.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just started on PC tonight, brings back some great memories. Hard to believe it's been 14 years since I played the first Mass Effect.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I get paid on Thursday and by some dumb luck I've got a little cushion this month, probably because trading in PS4 paid for Returnal et al. Thinking about just doing it
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah cashed in a €50 Gamestop voucher my brother had gotten me for Christmas for this. Just landed in The Citadel. Time to explore!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    [Forlorn response] time to spend
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    [Excited delivery] G2A are doing it for £37 digital
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Pull the trigger!
  • Delay that order soldier!

Reg - go buy Biomutant, support yet indie developers instead! The Mass Effect Universe isn't going anywhere (and you've been there before)
  • G2A are as dodgy as they come, too.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Reg - go buy Biomutant

Errr...exercise caution commander!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Shillup said it's shite. I believe him.

Next!
  • It’s amazing how much slicker ME2 is...and it still looks incredible in a number of ways too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Completely agree. Amazing game.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    It’s amazing how much slicker ME2 is...and it still looks incredible in a number of ways too.

For a remaster it's incredible how not slick ME is. Fuck me I  have to look at the map every five minutes to find out where I'm supposed to be going via my journal to find what area my objective is in.

Anyway Having had to diffuse those bomb things about four times I'm finally making progress and recruited all but one of my team now.

I've decided to go full ass kicking, scenery chewing, renegade fem shep who just gets the job done what ever it takes.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!