Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Did a purge of Blu Rays and absolutely fought tooth and nail for Speed Racer to stay, as it should. (It did).

Thank you for your service.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I'm sure Cinty is baiting me but I could only stomach twenty minutes or so of that garbage.

No bait.

But your reaction is not uncommon. Tried to show it to multiple people and they’ve all tapped out after watching it for 20-30 minutes but thinking they were already an hour or so in.
  • It's not my thing but I'm glad it exists in the way it does for the fans.
    It's a lot to take in. I enjoy it more as a VFX reel in short, edited down bursts than I ever would as a full movie.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I just sat through Moonfall. Good lord.

I’m going to have to watch something like 2001 or the forum favourite Interstellar to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

Also, Halle Berry seems to be eternally beautiful somehow.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I just sat through Moonfall. Good lord. I’m going to have to watch something like 2001 or the forum favourite Interstellar to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Also, Halle Berry seems to be eternally beautiful somehow.

Oh I really really enjoyed it!!
    I mean it's definitely a TERRIBLE movie but damn it's bat shit mental and lots of fun!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I just sat through Moonfall. Good lord. I’m going to have to watch something like 2001 or the forum favourite Interstellar to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Also, Halle Berry seems to be eternally beautiful somehow.

Oh I really really enjoyed it!!
    I mean it's definitely a TERRIBLE movie but damn it's bat shit mental and lots of fun!

Yeah, but you love everything, Wooks.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Pitch meeting: An Armageddon clone, but even more stupid!
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Impossible
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

Definitely not everything.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Impossible

It exists!
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Mostly everything?
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Absolutely not true, I just love any excuse to take my mind off the shite that is our society nowadays and big dumb movies like this do just the trick :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I will admit that I do flit between being extremely positive and very fed up lately
  • I sat and watched Predator today with my father in law and baby son.
    Both fell asleep after 30 mins but I loved it
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Absolutely not true, I just love any excuse to take my mind off the shite that is our society nowadays and big dumb movies like this do just the trick :)

I appreciate that. I watched it knowing it was going to be as dumb as a bag of hams. I was ready for the nonsense. And I love me some Patrick Wilson. But I think Armageddon is about as dumb as I’m willing to go. Armageddon is quality dumb. Moonfall is just dumb. I feel like I’ve said dumb quite a lot in this post.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Wooks, Moonfall is awesome.

With you dude absolute brain off nonsensical shit. Its like the Lost in Translation of Sci Fi.
  • I do like Patrick Wilson - for any other fans, watch Stretch, it’s exactly the film you’d expect from Wilson and Joe Carnahan.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    I do like Patrick Wilson - for any other fans, watch Stretch, it’s exactly the film you’d expect from Wilson and Joe Carnahan.

Noted.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Wooks, Moonfall is awesome.

With you dude absolute brain off nonsensical shit. Its like the Lost in Translation of Sci Fi.

This bait smells something awful.
    Get schwifty.
  • Wooks, Moonfall is awesome.

Sick burn
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thanks lad
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Except Moonfall is all about how cool Elon Musk is and how sweaty basement dweller white men conspiracy theorists are right. It's like the wet dream of the worst of our society right now
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Except Moonfall is all about how cool Elon Musk is and how sweaty basement dweller white men conspiracy theorists are right. It's like the wet dream of the worst of our society right now

I confess I don't remember lots about the story details but it's possible I overlooked this part of the story.
  • It's a very forgetful film really and the conspiracy theorist angle is present in pretty much all of his stuff but it just felt a bit too far this time considering the current state of the world.
  • A valid criticism.
    I still enjoyed it though as it's batshit mental.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just watched Lightyear. Thought it was total rubbish. I don't know what they were trying to achieve with this - they claim at the beginning that this is the movie Andy watched in 1994 prior to Toy Story but then don't even pay lip-service to that premise at all. It's just such an obviously cynical attempt to continue to cash in on Toy Story despite the toys' storylines being over. Desperately mediocre writing throughout. It's actually quite surprising that such a weak story has come out of such a prestigious animation house - it should have been very obvious that this needed to be completely chucked in the bin and taken back to the drawing board - the plot's just fundamentally quite rotten.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Day Shift is great fun. Vampires + guns + kung fu + Jamie Foxx + some buddy buddy James Franco + loads of action + a decent car chase + sun-soaked LA.
    Jumps straight in so if the first 8 minutes to the titles don’t grab you then you can skip the rest of the film as it ain’t for you.
    48 minute mark for the big scrap with Scott Adkins et al killing vamps.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Just watched Lightyear. Thought it was total rubbish. I don't know what they were trying to achieve with this - they claim at the beginning that this is the movie Andy watched in 1994 prior to Toy Story but then don't even pay lip-service to that premise at all. It's just such an obviously cynical attempt to continue to cash in on Toy Story despite the toys' storylines being over. Desperately mediocre writing throughout. It's actually quite surprising that such a weak story has come out of such a prestigious animation house - it should have been very obvious that this needed to be completely chucked in the bin and taken back to the drawing board - the plot's just fundamentally quite rotten.

Yeah when it says it's Andy's fave film you'd think it was some rollicking space adventure (what I thought it would be) instead of a rather dull sci-fi thing with no real adventure. Andy must have been a dull kid.
  • I've not seen it but I thought they covered this angle in the Buzz Lightyear cartoon show.
  • djchump wrote:
    Scott Adkins

Sold.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!