101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    When I did my motorbike training a few years ago there was a huge emphasis on defensive riding and awareness (more so than 20 years earlier), but there's no training or test for urban cycling.

That episode could've been avoided with a £10 mirror, which is a lot cheaper than rigging your bike with cameras to prove who was in the wrong when you're spread down the road.

I also wouldn't shout at anyone, 'cause it might not always be an overweight middle-ager. (Though in London that seems the most common NPC.)
  • There are arsehole drivers and arsehole cyclists. Its the arsehole cyclists riding side by side having a chat doing 10kph down narrow country roads, growing a tail of traffic, or the ones that plough straight through red lights that are the issue. Most cyclists are grand though. 

My biggest near-miss was not a cyclist, but a clearly frustrated Dublin bus driver overtaking a cyclist at a bend on a very narrow road. I had to drive into the ditch to avoid the oncoming bus and missed by inches. Absolute bellend pulling a stunt like that. 

I've had more trouble as a pedestrian with cyclists though, especially in the city. We get a green light to cross the road and invariably there is some cunt ringing their bell (this now includes scooter users these days) coming full pelt towards the people trying to cross the street.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Fucking solicitors.
    £300 for a form a chimpanzee could fill out in 20 minutes.

Dont give me that "they trained for it" bollocks either, the twat is only an undergraduate.
  • Yeah, but have you seen how much a chimpanzee costs these days?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Least a monkey.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I would rather pay a chimpanzee. At least there would be some entertainment value.
  • Just rang these solicitors.
    Genuinely one of the rudest people I have ever spoken to on the phone.

Receptionist first, she was fine (better than my solicitors who just dont answer the phone).
    Transferred to the man himself, no "Hello Dave Chimpanzee" just "Yes".

I say something along the lines of "Hi my solicitor asked me to call you to make payment for a xyz form...", his respone "And!".

And I want to make the payment fuckwit.

Had that posh type voice that suggests he inherited a stately home he cant maintain.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I genuinely don't know how some people have managed to get and keep the jobs they have, where they have to deal with the clients/the public/whoever and have not one iota of social skills. In one place I worked the receptionist was an absolute pig, but I'm pretty sure she knew where the bodies were buried so they couldn't fire her.
  • People who repost utterly mundane celeb social media updates

"My thoughts go out to the people of Ukraine in this difficult time"

By famous DJ/footballer/musician

cringe.
  • A few choice ones from the weekend. 
    A very slight annoyance in Tesco at the self-service. Again people not replying to the "Do you want a receipt" question. This means I have to answer before I can use the till.
    In Aldi, I grabbed 2 bottles of ginger ale. Walk to the only open till, guy halfway through putting his full trolley on the belt, sees me with my 2 bottles and continues on. When the situation is reversed I always ask the person to go ahead. He wasn't wearing a mask either the prick.
    Happened a couple of times, cars coming out from a side road onto the main road in a little bit of a dangerous way, I had to go hard enough on the my brakes to not hit them. Then of course, they crawl along the road at a snails pace. Why take such a chance merging and then just drive so slowly? Doesnt make sense to me.
  • My biggest driving annoyance is people who stick to 40mph along 60-limit roads, then when passing through a 30-limit for a wee village they keep going at 40mph regardless.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    My biggest driving annoyance is people who stick to 40mph along 60-limit roads, then when passing through a 30-limit for a wee village they keep going at 40mph regardless.

Oh my fucking god, they have me raging!

• There are many such fuckmuppets around here.
  • Yep those drivers can be infuriating.
  • I usually let people with a handful of items go in front in supermarkets but I don't expect it back when the shoe's on the other foot. Nice when it happens though.

The one that annoys me is the next customer please divider. They opened up a new till at Lidl recently and the woman behind us gunned her trolley over, loaded up and didn't put the divider down. We switched over straight after. My wife started putting our stuff on afterwards and hissed at me not to touch the divider. Then the cashier started firing our stuff through as part of the woman in front's shopping, so half a dozen items had to get cancelled, which took a while. It's a win I guess, Mrs. Moot was super pleased with herself anyway. When we got outside the other woman had parked directly next to the entrance, not even in a parking spot.
  • Yep those drivers can be infuriating.

It’s a sign of being a terrible driver. Paying no heed to the surroundings or situation. Dry, clear day with nobody else on the road? 40mph. Torrential rain and heavy traffic? 40mph. Middle of a village, blind corners, just in time for school to let out? 40mph. It’s a big, blind ‘fuck you’ to the rest of the world. The physical manifestation of ‘I’m alright, Jack’ mentality. They probably voted for Brexit, the cunts.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    My biggest driving annoyance is people who stick to 40mph along 60-limit roads, then when passing through a 30-limit for a wee village they keep going at 40mph regardless.

Oh my fucking god, they have me raging!

This. Fucking this. It’s like they have no concept of speed limits. Think this is enough of a consensus to start a petition or something.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I usually let people with a handful of items go in front in supermarkets but I don't expect it back when the shoe's on the other foot. Nice when it happens though. The one that annoys me is the next customer please divider. They opened up a new till at Lidl recently and the woman behind us gunned her trolley over, loaded up and didn't put the divider down. We switched over straight after. My wife started putting our stuff on afterwards and hissed at me not to touch the divider. Then the cashier started firing our stuff through as part of the woman in front's shopping, so half a dozen items had to get cancelled, which took a while. It's a win I guess, Mrs. Moot was super pleased with herself anyway. When we got outside the other woman had parked directly next to the entrance, not even in a parking spot.
    Ah I don't expect it either, but I think its the "right thing to do". 
    Im impressed with Mrs Moot. Thats a power move!
    I've often been tempted but didn't fancy the extra wait while the cashier fixes the mix up. 

Ive probably mentioned this last driving one before. But there is one road out of my estate and its not overly wide. There is a section though where 4 or 5 cars all park on one side of the road (to my right as Im leaving). This BMW prick parks from time to time directly opposite these cars (to my left as Im leaving) creating a pretty tight bottle neck. Lazy fucker wouldn't even park with the other cars and thus create less of an issue. Its going to cause an accident one day as a lot of folk don't seem to stop when the obstruction is on their side, now with an obstruction on both sides its anyone's guess....BMW prick doesn't even fold in his mirror and most of the time leaves a good foot gap between the footpath and the car. Its just so inconsiderate and lazy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Rent a car and use it to leave a scrape down the side of the BMW. Then take a shit on the bonnet.
  • poprock wrote:
    Yep those drivers can be infuriating.

It’s a sign of being a terrible driver. Paying no heed to the surroundings or situation. Dry, clear day with nobody else on the road? 40mph. Torrential rain and heavy traffic? 40mph. Middle of a village, blind corners, just in time for school to let out? 40mph. It’s a big, blind ‘fuck you’ to the rest of the world. The physical manifestation of ‘I’m alright, Jack’ mentality. They probably drive BMWs, the cunts.

• Nah BMWs don't go under the speed limit.

Its classic Daewoo Matiz behaviour
  • They probably park BMWs, the cunts.
  • Doing a dirty protest on the roof of the BMW would send a message alright :) 
    The mask restrictions were lifted in Ireland today. I did shopping with a naked face. It was bliss, no more glasses fogged up. So that's one annoyance gone!
  • Sounds good until you catch Covid.
    Spoiler:
  • The mask restrictions were lifted in Ireland today. I did shopping with a naked face. It was bliss, no more glasses fogged up. So that's one annoyance gone!

Two mini forum stocks in a week!
  • I don't think I've seen it mentioned in here, but has anyone noticed the 'I'm not catching covid, someone else can press the button' craze that's sweeping the nation?
  • No, but I'm not allowed to hang out with Sugababes any more

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!