101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Is this a Putin thing?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sweeping which nation?
  • Mainly on trains. I've seen people wanting to get off waiting for people waiting to get on to open the doors, people milling about at the side of doors, prolonged stand offs and people outright nope-ing any involvement in the button whatsoever. It's minor but a pretty much daily occurrence.

Yes I expect this happens with lifts too, Paul.
  • Yeah, what people have taken away from their Covid-19 experience is the lesson other people are dirty, filthy, bacteria-ridden messes. Everyone is a germophobe now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I always pressed public buttons with a knuckle even before Covid.
  • My shopping 101 annoyance is people who don't put their basket back into the basket holder after using the self checkouts at my local co-op. I get that not all shops will have the basket collector in a handy place, but my local co-op has the basket collector right at the exit point of the self checkout machines, so I always put my basket back when I'm walking out (you walk right past this thing). Hell I'll put someone else's back if it's at the till I'm using so I have to put my basket in theirs.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Same.
  • nick_md wrote:
    My shopping 101 annoyance is people who don't put their basket back into the basket holder after using the self checkouts at my local co-op. I get that not all shops will have the basket collector in a handy place, but my local co-op has the basket collector right at the exit point of the self checkout machines, so I always put my basket back when I'm walking out (you walk right past this thing). Hell I'll put someone else's back if it's at the till I'm using so I have to put my basket in theirs.
    Worse are people who put it back but put it back wonky or with the handles all over the shop.
  • Yeah those fuckers too. I unfuck them if it happens. The baskets that is, not the people.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Same.
    Same again. I've done that for years. As someone who works freelance with just a laptop I spend a lot of time in cafes, libraries, etc, and in turn I'm often using the bathrooms of those places. The amount of dirty bastards that don't wash their hands is staggering.
  • We got a special keyring in our back to work pack that's for pressing buttons. There's even a little hook on it for catching handles.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I have a poor person to do that for me.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    We got a special keyring in our back to work pack that's for pressing buttons. There's even a little hook on it for catching handles.

Is it conductive like can you use it on screens?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • poprock wrote:
    Sounds good until you catch Covid.
    Spoiler:
    We all caught Covid from the middle child's school before Christmas. I had the worse dose actually. But the schools now are allowed shuffle all the kids together like in the Covid before times, I figure if I catch Covid again from anywhere its gonna be from her school. 
    We catch bloody everything from there :D

Thats so strange about the train buttons. Does nobody just knuckle the button and move on?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I don't think I've seen it mentioned in here, but has anyone noticed the 'I'm not catching covid, someone else can press the button' craze that's sweeping the nation?

All train and bus buttons have been automated over here since day 1 of the first lockdown. 

For things that aren't, like elevators, I give it the knuckle of the up yours finger
  • Dropping the boy off at school because the childminder won't do it because the wife has COVID and I'm amazed at the number of fucking 4 x 4 tank bitches that feel they need to park as close to the fucking school as possible and secondly think they automatically have right of way if it means they get to claim a parking space.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Those mothers park right in front of the gate in a clearly marked no parking zone, even if there are plenty of parking spaces. They are the same ones who will happily double park, put their hazards on and go off to pick their kid at their leisure, blocking anyone who has made the mistake of picking up their kids first and now might want to actually go home (or to work, as is my case some days). Can't fucking stand them.
  • Its the same at our school. Rather than beat them, I joined them. I do coincidentally drive an SUV lol.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • beano wrote:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    We got a special keyring in our back to work pack that's for pressing buttons. There's even a little hook on it for catching handles.
    Na,that'd be a step too far for our lot to think of!
    Good to see you old bean.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Its the same at our school. Rather than beat them, I joined them. I do coincidentally drive an SUV lol.

Is it used mostly for driving around urban areas? If so, you make my titslist.
  • Guess I'm on that list too, although arguably a C-RV cannot claim the "S" in "SUV". 

Normally I take E to school in the Mazda. It looks comically small sitting in an endless row of Range Rover and Merc. SUVs.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Na,that'd be a step too far for our lot to think of! Good to see you old bean.

B-Tier confirmed ;) - these are pretty easy to make from recycled plastic, like quality street tubs etc, if anyone is looking to have some fun with their kids btw or is still unashamed of pointless pursuits lol

Gud 2 c u 2 Hodge
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've been knuckling buttons - pedestrian crossings, lift etc.

I suspect I'll keep doing that as it seems sensible now covid or not.  Wifey has always been funny about door handles in public places.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Don't mind door handles or keys/buttons if they're not: wood; painted; or plastic tbh

There was that spread back in the 90s, virus or disease name escapes me, that came about because the hospitals modernised, i.e. got rid of mostly copper door handles for placcy
  • I don't think I've seen it mentioned in here, but has anyone noticed the 'I'm not catching covid, someone else can press the button' craze that's sweeping the nation?
    All train and bus buttons have been automated over here since day 1 of the first lockdown.  For things that aren't, like elevators, I give it the knuckle of the up yours finger
    We have new ones that won't change unless you stand in the right place. Otherwise you have to press again.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Its the same at our school. Rather than beat them, I joined them. I do coincidentally drive an SUV lol.

Play this as you bump over kerbs onto the grass:

We had one way back when I was a kid; all the other parents trapped in the carpark. Her name was Caroline, so close enough.
  • Need a gp appointment for my son but there's none for a week. What a load of shit.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    Need a gp appointment for my son but there's none for a week. What a load of shit.

Depends on the urgency....I imagine if it was urgent they would see you?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Is it used mostly for driving around urban areas? If so, you make my titslist.

Yey! I’m on a list. Have to say it was a complete waste of money and I’ll be going back to a normal saloon next year.
  • I had a ready meal two days ago.
    It was supposed to be piri piri chicken with spicy rice. There wasn't much in the way of chicken and the rice seemed to be some mush barely present.
    What it did have was an obscene amount of sweetcorn, like a whole tin's worth.

Needless to say today I am shitting cobs of the stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!