101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    People fucking praying on the weak. I do think this does matter in the slightest tbh. So my sister just sent me this link and said I need to read it as it will disappear soon.

https://squareone.chrisbeatcancer.com/first-things-first/

As soon as I looked at it without even reading it I could tell I was marketing landing page 101. The bullshit countdown. The secrets we can only tell you if you pay $97 (odd numbers are more believable) and the massive saving (by who’s standard??).

What a fucking snake oil selling cunt. Selling shite like this when there is so much free information and help available.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Its the same at our school. Rather than beat them, I joined them. I do coincidentally drive an SUV lol.

Is it used mostly for driving around urban areas? If so, you make my titslist.

Yey! I’m on a list. Have to say it was a complete waste of money and I’ll be going back to a normal saloon next year.

Good man.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Selling shite like this

Yo, I eat carrots, apples and spring onions! Don't see why I should buy.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Interview/application form questions that are just "Tell us about yourself".

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW.

Seriously, give me a framework to get started in. "I had a wank this morning." "Sometimes my internal monologue is one long scream." Ask me something specific, FFS.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • "I dislike stupid application form questions"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I was so tempted.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Interview/application form questions that are just "Tell us about yourself". TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW. Seriously, give me a framework to get started in. "I had a wank this morning." "Sometimes my internal monologue is one long scream." Ask me something specific, FFS.
    Be just as deliberately vague back in your answers. "I like watching tv, I like music. I like reading"
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That sounds like a plan.
  • I dunno. I’d try looking at such an open-ended question as an excuse to say anything I wanted. Like a politician being interviewed. That box is crying out to be filled with an argument on how perfect for this job you are.
  • Yeah - I'd be putting in shit like "I love focussing on [problems relevant to kind of things you'll face in job] and am a self motivated blah blah always looking for ways to improve things [which may or may not be related to things in the job] blah blah"
  • Yeah, if it was a games dev job I’d be banging on about being a gamer since a young age, coding my own games in BASIC back in the ’80s. If it was a job as a vet I’d be writing about how much I love dogs. That kinda thing.
  • Patients.

Couple days back I went to pick up a patient and take them for an XR. Everything started off well, doing my usual script, you okay to get into this wheelchair pal, yeah fine, etc. Then, the nurse comes into the room with a face mask and explains to her that she'll need to wear it while we're travelling and the times she's in Radiology. Then all hell breaks loose. Shes crying, in hysterics, screaming IT'S EMBARRASSING, THIS IS WHY I NEVER CAME BEFORE BECAUSE I KNEW I'D BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST, WHY ARE YOUS ALL SO NASTY ABOUT THIS

Whoa nelly, here, forget the mask and just take a seat pal. I go into full nice porter mode as we go, reassurance and understanding, just trying to get her to calm down. Getting some amount of eyeballs as we go through the main foyer on the way there. I get to XR and luckily the guy running it is a fellow Staunchman so I explain the situation. As far as I'm aware they will not xray you if you don't wear one, but big man Drew was sound, he said just to drop her off and he'll deal with it. Phew.

I carry on with my day.

Yesterday I'm back in that ward and the nurse who brought the mask was chatting away to us. I ask so what happened to that girl. Was she discharged? Is she okay?

She was constipated.

All that, over a mask, cos she needed a jobby. Fuck me.

Anyway,
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So she was literally full of shit? Poetic justice ...
  • Hahaha nice.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Did she log her complaint in the end?
  • Don't think so. Slate wiped clean then.
  • Wtaf is with the presentation of Forza Horizon. This is utterly insufferable. It’s a shame because the actual racing seems really enjoyable
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    "I enjoy hobbies."

Dante and I are on the same wavelength.
    poprock wrote:
    I dunno. I’d try looking at such an open-ended question as an excuse to say anything I wanted. Like a politician being interviewed. That box is crying out to be filled with an argument on how perfect for this job you are.
    Funkstain wrote:
    Yeah - I'd be putting in shit like "I love focussing on [problems relevant to kind of things you'll face in job] and am a self motivated blah blah always looking for ways to improve things [which may or may not be related to things in the job] blah blah"

See, this is why I'm a reasonable facsimile of a human being. You guys are basically wizards.
  • I guess that depends on whether humanity is defined by our ability to bullshit and put on a contextual act

• Narrator: “Sadly, it was.”
  • Consoles unable to hande the crippling tech pressure of scrolling through their own digital stores. PS4 and Switch, I'm looking at you. Perhaps it's my internet, but deep diving is risky business as both consoles eventually nope out and refresh me back to the start. I can't even get halfway down the sale section on Switch without it happening these days.
  • Sold my car this week and the new owner went straight over the Dartford Crossing, generating a £5 payment from my account. I've called them up and they've outright refused to refund me, despite me not being the owner. They've said that, as the car was still on my account, it's a valid charge. However, they've also accepted that I couldn't remove the car from my account, as you need to put another on there and (as of yet) I don't have a replacement.

It's just a fiver, but why are people so goddammed unhelpful? If they didn't know who the owner was, they'd do a DVLA check and write to them instead, so it's really not a big deal for them.
  • Can you ask your bank to recall the charge?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • According to this page you can escalate your complaint to National Highways complaints, who have a dedicated team overseeing the Dart Charge. Might be worth the hassle, in case the new owner of your car keeps doing this.

There has to be a way of deleting your account, or removing ‘car ownership’ from your account. Otherwise how do the Council deal with all the other people who don’t own cars?
  • Charging you despite not being able to remove a car from your account is ludicrous.
  • Tyne tunnel fines! They've changed the tunnel payment late last year, so instead of toll booths where you can pay for the journey, you just drive clean through and there's no option to pay there...you then have to remember to go online and pay for the passage the next day...or get a £60 fine (PLUS the £1.90 for using the tunnel!), though that's reduced to £30 (PLUS the £1.90) if you pay within 14 days.
    It's a right fucking rip.
    Anyway, week before christmas and my satnav took me through tunnel on way back from a football tournament, diverted away from the a1 for traffic. I rarely use the tunnel so forgot about the online thing initially, tried to do it a couple of days later and it wouldn't let me pay. I did 'prepay' for a few future journeys and thought that at least shows some willing and maybe they'd take the charge out of that.
    Anyway, 3 months later and just when I think they might have let me off, i get the fine notice.

Could be worse i suppose, my mate's wife went back and forth through the tunnel twice on the same day, forgot about the payment....and netted £120 fines plus 4 lots of £1.90!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've been invited to an "Irish coffee morning" and it turns out this is a morning for coffee organised on St. Patricks Day and not in fact a morning for Irish coffee and now I'm pretty grumpy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!