Monster Hunter
  • I'm having fucking awful luck at the minute.
  • You really are mate. Sorry!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    During a quest? Left button + y or a should cycle through items, y to use it. Radial is hold left button and use the right stick. You can set them up if you scroll through the menu you find with the + button.

I have current items set to L/R on the dpad. Much more convenient for scrolling when you're on the move.
  • Nearly done with the 2* quests and making quite a nice selection of matching armour sets for myself and my doggo and catty. It's brilliant, so many awesome QOL additions and the wire bug stuff is fantastic fun.
    I'm playing with a Bow, never used ranged weapons before in any previous monster hunter games and I'm loving it.

This is almost perfect.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Booted this up tonight and all those glitches I had earlier have thankfully disappeared. It's coming back to me now but I can't for the life of me find the weapon moveset and training bit? I remember a basic run down of each weapon in World but it doesn't seem to be present here? Switched to sword and shield and I've forgotten all the moves.

The instant warp around town is very handy. Still a tidal wave of systems and complexity thrown at you from all over the place but at least you can get shit done quicker now. I'm still of the opinion that you don't really need half of the inventory items that are in these games but hey ho.

It's decent. Wirebug is fun but even that appears to have all sorts of nuances to it. Lots to learn.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You can see what buttons do and combos etc in your notebook.

If you want a training area, the little boat in the buddy area brings you there. You might also be able to go there with the village menu option, but I'm not sure. (+ button, last tab, says something with village, i don't fully recall what it says).

Glad your issues are gone
  • Booted this up tonight and all those glitches I had earlier have thankfully disappeared. It's coming back to me now but I can't for the life of me find the weapon moveset and training bit? I remember a basic run down of each weapon in World but it doesn't seem to be present here? Switched to sword and shield and I've forgotten all the moves.

The instant warp around town is very handy. Still a tidal wave of systems and complexity thrown at you from all over the place but at least you can get shit done quicker now. I'm still of the opinion that you don't really need half of the inventory items that are in these games but hey ho.

It's decent. Wirebug is fun but even that appears to have all sorts of nuances to it. Lots to learn.

There should be a bridge in the town which takes you to another area with a mechanised green monster in the middle and some npcs around it. There’s a boat in that area which should take you to the training grounds, I think.
  • Trying to get Iceborne to actually fucking load and it... won't? Why. Love that Japanese gamedev.
  • Playing this again with the boys this morning. They love the monsters. This game is awesome
  • Nina wrote:
    You can see what buttons do and combos etc in your notebook.

If you want a training area, the little boat in the buddy area brings you there. You might also be able to go there with the village menu option, but I'm not sure. (+ button, last tab, says something with village, i don't fully recall what it says).

Glad your issues are gone

Completely missed that! Cheers Nina.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Loving this so far but I’m kinda torn on the hunting horn changes. It’s so fast now, feels really aggressive and a lot of fun but at the cost of depth. I miss the need for well timed performances, songs just auto play when you’re wacking beasts now...
  • FFS my glitches have come back this morning. Looking on Reddit the audio glitches seem to be quite common, but I dunno about the input troubles I'm having. It's put me off carrying on now I'm probably gonna shitcan this one. Anyone want this?
  • Vastik wrote:
    Loving this so far but I’m kinda torn on the hunting horn changes. It’s so fast now, feels really aggressive and a lot of fun but at the cost of depth. I miss the need for well timed performances, songs just auto play when you’re wacking beasts now...

Yeah, there’s a lot of streamlining and most of it works but some might be a little over simplified for me. The game is very fast and I’m really enjoying it, but fight prep seems so thin now (which is fair enough, it’s early days).

Weapons and armour look nice, which is great, environments really aren’t up to the standard of world. I kinda miss the slinger and scoutfly stuff but the wirebugs are a fun addition and mostly make up for it.

There’s some great monsters and maps are nicely vertically layered. Combat feels really nice. It’s a very good MoHan and I’ll probably stick another 500-1000 hours into it like I did World. I still think I’ll end up with World, and Iceborne specifically, winning out for me but that’s ok. This is still top-tier stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    FFS my glitches have come back this morning. Looking on Reddit the audio glitches seem to be quite common, but I dunno about the input troubles I'm having. It's put me off carrying on now I'm probably gonna shitcan this one. Anyone want this?
    I think there's some known glitch with setting a certain pose to your action bar, and capcom is working to patch that. I'm not exactly sure what it is, and I don't think it's what you're having problems with, but might be worth it to leave the game for a few days and come back after a patch or 2?

Hunting Horn: I started with this weapon, only played it a little bit towards the end of Iceborne so I don't have any comparison material. I like it so far, but it feels a bit fast for such a big weapon. Wonder how the great sword plays. In a random 4 people party I could hardly see my character because of all the vfx going off.
    Which might be my biggest complaint with the game, it's visually so busy that I done always noticed when my character is knocked down or something, but then the game doesn't seem to punish as hard. I've done some evades that would have gotten me knocked back in previous games I'd assume.

I do really like the colourful world, and the monster introduction movies are fun. The quest completed screens are super ugly though.
  • 6 hours in, first rampage done and several awesome armour sets crafted.
    Fucking love this
  • Got Iceborne working proper, fuck knows how. Anyway, good to be back in the shit. Need to relearn a bunch of things.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    6 hours in, first rampage done and several awesome armour sets crafted. Fucking love this

Don't think I have you on Switch mate, PM me your FC:)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This has sold 4 million copies worldwide over the weekend. Wut.
  • Aye, done some good numbers. Pleased to see it.
  • Pretty safe to assume at this point that we’ll be doing an alternating World / Rise style next gen-console / portable back and forth every 3-4 years now, no?

Both did crazy numbers and no way either of those gets left on the table.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Pretty safe to assume at this point that we’ll be doing an alternating World / Rise style next gen-console / portable back and forth every 3-4 years now, no? Both did crazy numbers and no way either of those gets left on the table.

Think this was already confirmed. Not sure where I read it but there is a 'Team 2' working on World 2 at the moment.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Wonder what percentage of that is in Japan, 50/60%?
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Wonder what percentage of that is in Japan, 50/60%?

Apparently 70% of sales for this (and World) are outside Japan. Doesn’t mean sales for Japan have gone down, they’re just going up elsewhere.

Or, to reframe, World and Iceborne account for more than 30% of the total lifetime sales of the entire series.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Pretty safe to assume at this point that we’ll be doing an alternating World / Rise style next gen-console / portable back and forth every 3-4 years now, no? Both did crazy numbers and no way either of those gets left on the table.

Think this was already confirmed. Not sure where I read it but there is a 'Team 2' working on World 2 at the moment.

Wohoo! Great news.
  • I will pounce on an even shinier MHW.
  • First failed quest - to the cover star.

Still in starting armour, cat is in the farm, and the dog (aka "Taxi") is only used to ferry me about and doesn't fight.

Enjoying it a lot. Doesn't have the heft of World nor the weapon fluidity (but not far off in that regard) but I appreciate the update of pre World MHs. Maps are nice and open again, and I can navigate the menus again - just gave up with World's.

Some of the maps are confusing and I want the scoutflies back - but I will get to know them soon enough. Framerate is mostly fine but there are a few spots in a couple of maps where it drops a lot.

I use the dpad to control the action bar (calls Taxi and tells it to stay put), ZL and buttons to select items. Might see if I can swap action bar to ZL as my muscle memory is still programmed for items on the dpad.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You do know there's a red arrow you can enable via the options which points in the direction of the target? Its far cleaner than the fireflies in World.
  • If it shows the shortest route like the fireflies then I shall turn that back on, ta.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's called Targeting Arrow mrsmr2, just in case you were wondering.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its not a fastest route, just general direction. 

I do understand your problem though. The desert map is especially convoluted and i always end up falling to the lowest ravine, then trying to climb my way out for the next 5-10 mins. lol! That why its important to unlock as many Great Wirebug points as you can, as soon as you can.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!