Monster Hunter
  • It runs fantastically well.

To the point I sometimes consider getting iceborne for it as it might run better than my PC.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Thanks guys. Downloading the update now...
  • Can't say I'm enjoying Velkhana. Too much going on, too little visibilty, constant ice blight, falling ice, combo to death moves - it's got it all. Used Guard Up to survive the rotating ice beam - which can often be hidden by the ice blocks that are all over the environment. Reminded me of Shrieking - that was an annoying fight as well, albeit more tedious than Velkhana who is a genuine threat. Failed first attempt and timed out on 2nd.

The next MH needs to get rid of falling stuff - Nergi's lair had it as well.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Booted up World for the first time in forever. It felt really weird. I'm guessing i'd forgotten the Iceborne progress i'd made because the next hunt was Velkhana. I wasn't ready for that headache so i went back to Rise on Steamdeck. lol!

Just done the MR4's and next up is Astalos. I should probably review my gear because i've not changed it in a while. That said my stats are pretty good so i dunno where i can improve it. 

I just unlocked that Longsword 'Ring of Death' Switch Skill which i heard is alot more viable since they patched it. Gonnna try it out after my morning coffee.
  • I had another attempt at World Velkhana yesterday. Got on better as its moves had seeped into my brain overnight. I'd also just done the Legi and Shrieking fight to get the upgraded ice mantle, and Velkhana has some similarities with Shreiking.
    Didn't die to Velhana but timed out. Next step is to work out how to actually hit the damn thing.

I've been playing through both World and Rise, and World seems really slow after a bit of Rise playing. After a few fights it seems fast again. :-)
  • 4 failed attempts at Velkhana tonight, 3 SnS, 1 LS.

Don't like it. Normal mode is ok but it's iced up mode is infuriating - just can't find many openings.

Not ready to put it in the BS tier occupied by Lunastra but it's getting close.

Might just have to put it in the massively not fun tier.

• Iceborne bought for PS4/5. Performs excellently with much less of the LoD popup compared to the settings I use on my PC. Means I can play on the plasma in the lounge again and it does look beautiful.

Decided to use a Palico for the first time and it makes life a lot easier. Just heals me when I am running low. Having said that I do have 300 defence which is very low for MR and Coral Pukey can one shot me in rage mode.

Won't be long until I get to Velkhana again.
  • Back to Velkhana on PS4/5 version. Playing lance with a Palico so it's sort of easy mode. Apart from the 300 defence which is 1 shot city if I make a mistake.

Velkhana couldn't do a lot if I was careful but it was hard to get to sometimes. However, that ice pool thing it does can get in the bin. It did it 3 times and caused 3 deaths. FFS!
  • Velkhana done. Decided to stay to the side to try and avoid the ice pool of death. Didn't always work but finished in the end.

Of course if I had MR armour it wouldn't be anywhere near as tough but I always like seeing how far crap armour can go. Plus I'm using a lance so the shield compensates a lot.

Not a great fight though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm lurking this thread like a boss. Keep up the good fight, mrsmr2.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • New Monster Hunter announced - the next-gen post-World one a lot of us have been waiting for.

Monster Hunter: Wilds - out 2025. Seems to be a lot of animals on screen and environmental stuff going on. Hype!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    YES
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mohan is back baybee
  • Like me some Mohan but that's an underwhelming trailer
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Oooooooh yeaaaaaaa
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fucking finally.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Keep ya mount, I'm a Gunlance main.
  • The only way is gunlance, I will never switch.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Big Bonk Gang.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • So, it was almost 3 years ago I started with World. Played for a bit then put it down, but was enjoying it. If I want to dive back in does it make more sense to go with Rise?
  • No, World is still better.
  • Agreed, World is (much) the better game. Best MH I have played.
  • Another vote for World. Game has issues especially for the first half, but it’s a better package top to bottom.
  • 3 votes for World. Thanks guys. Will stick with it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    About to ruin the combo, but I'm hoping Wilds is more like the older titles in terms of difficulty; World is way too easy. I never even came close to losing a fight in World.

The trailer for Wilds has me intrigued, but no post credits Felyne reveal? NO SALE. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah, base game ain’t super hard, especially with your little helper, but I found some of the fights against Tempered beasts and in Iceborne pleasingly tricky.

Some of the elders could be rough too, and there was a mean Kirin fight that gave people trouble iirc. Basically, special events and expansion stuff is where the best challenge lies.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm hoping the base game of Wilds is more difficult, then. ;)
  • I finally bought World and the Iceborne expansion in the sale.
    It's wonderful
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Make sure you're using the grapple hook thing to mount monsters from the off. Making them charge into walls and each other is great

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!