Dragon's Dogma
  • Changed my vocation to Magic Archer, bought new armour and weapons for me and my trusty Pawn. I then upgraded a few items. Onwards we go...
  • Ok, i spent a long time looking about, going into dungeons i shouldnt be in yet, and just getting used to the controls. I kept running back and forth from the main town spending my money on better gear, changing classes, and making my pawn an uber tank.

This game just got very good. Jumping across a waterfall onto a ledge, that lead to a door behind the waterfall. Inside, a windy trail of broken bridges and a whole load of lizard men. Fighting my way through, i come to a massive hall, complete with raging cyclops and guarding a stash of new loot and gold.

Barely made it. Loving this game! I have tried the assassin thinking id jump straight from strider. But decided to go back and max up ranger first.
  • Why did Summer have to arrive and mess up my RPG days?  It feels morally wrong to attempt combat with Cyclops's when its sunny outside.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • The game is slightly clunky in places but I'm really enjoying the combat, the Pawn system and the game's sense of scale and adventure. I've just crafted a batch of oil arrows and these should compliment fire magic incredibly well. I love when Pawns pulled in from someone else's game advise you on foes' weaknesses and tell you general information.
  • Yeah its awesome when you start a quest and an arrow appears over a pawns head, as they have info on the quest.

I just went through this mine, battled an ogre for about half an hour, took it down, screaming inside "fuck you ogre!"

Open gate. Hear ogre eating someone/thing around the corner.

Fuck you ogre.
  • Lovefilm have delivered, shame it is such a sunny day.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It all seems a bit odd to me. Essentially riffing on Monster Hunter, but in a Western friendly way, when it seems evident that a 360/PS3 MH would sell like hot balls.

I have it sat on a lovefilm list for a dabble.

Capcom seem to know better :0(
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Tempy wrote:
    Lovefilm have delivered, shame it is such a sunny day.

I spent enough time out there this morning so that my pale irish skin is now disintegrating, so time to play guilt free!
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I decided to play it this morning anyway, off to a film festival in the afternoon too.

SUNLIGHT
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've been using your pawn while you've been cooking Rick, she's been keeping my party alive. I took her down into the well and fought some badass mo' fo's, so she should have learned something too.

I fought another Cyclops today, and learned a few things that I didn't pick up in my first fight. It all depends on where you shoot 'em.
  • Awesome, that sounds really cool, I shall(aught) do the same. Didn't think anyone would select her to be honest, not being a game of thrones character and all. I died plenty on my first session with it last night, so I must have a weird loadout of pawns or something(aught). Love the combat, but there are so many flaws(aught) I won't even start on. Weirdly enjoyable but I haven't got to the point where I want to play more than an hour at a time yet.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yes, that's incredibly irritating.
  • I went below the first city and fought a big hairy monster who wiped out my party after five minutes solid fighting, we hadn't taken a notch of his health.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    All my pawns are Demon's/Dark Souls related (surprise, surprise). First up; the best bodyguard you can have - Garl Vinland. I just hope there is an unlockable/purchasable hammer of the right magnitude to match the Brand.
  • Tempy wrote:
    SUNLIGHT

Praise the sun!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I am currently using Kilted Moose and Rick Joyce's pawns. They're not up to much, basically leaping about the city rooftops looking for loot. lol!

It's just turned to night, and fuck me it's dark! Tempted to go outside the city walls, just to see how bad it is.

This game is definitely starting to 'click'.
  • Not up to much, eh? Curses :) My Magic Archer has reached lvl 15 but only has a couple of moves at his disposal at the moment. He'll get better...honest.
  • Can't find yours at all, Curtis. Have you slept at an inn?
  • From the boxart this game looks utterly gash. I just want to do some more adventuring, though :/ running around open areas, is there a lot of that?
  • this game, despite my bitching, seems fucking ace, cbf getting it on a console though
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Just wanted to pop in and say, for everyone on 360 - Tove, my pawn mage, is the shit. She really is.

And oh, I love the game, it's just so... fun. 

Right, back to it then.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Can't find yours at all, Curtis. Have you slept at an inn?

Nope. I've done fuck all except potter around the first city looking for goodies, and teach my pawn to keep his gob shut (a must!).
  • Gonna get this tomorrow! :D
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    And I just killed my first (well, besides the one in the tutorial) Manticore, at level 18. Doing small victory dances here, oh the satisfaction - yesterday, it chased the unprepared me through a forest and down a fucking mountain. 

Now, 'tis dead.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Are the pawns available across platforms?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've just spent every single penny i had doing up my main pawn. Now someone needs to summon him. Do i need to be actually offline, or just not playing the game and accessing the server?
  • I have him now but he's a bit low leveled at 11, I'm 23 after going on a super confusing adventure to the other side of the universe. Giant beasts on the streets all the way there, excellent fun. Really didn't think it for the first while, but I'm loving this now.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I still have your Mage, but she's only Level 16 cause i summoned her earlier today and you've been playing non-stop since then. lol!
  • Stupid question, but do you have to have LIVE to do this 'pawn' thing?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!