Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Partygate, the gift that keeps giving.

“Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bas Javid, sibling of Health Secretary Sajid Javid , is the second highest ranking officer in the department that, amongst other senior officers, decided not to investigate the force’s handling of the gatherings.”
  • I assume next time Johnson is in  the Commons he will correct the record accusing Starmer of being responsible for not investigating Saville.
    While he is there he can correct his claim crime is down 14% when it is actually up 14%.

Wouldnt want to think our PM is a liar.
  • Johnson is holding a press conference later with the President of Ukraine. You have to wonder why you would want to stand next to Johnson during a press conference at such a critical time for your country.
  • Wouldn't it be a shame if something were to happen to him whilst abroad?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • James O Brien on LBC is jumping all over that Nadine Dorris interview with Kristian Guru Murphy
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've spent the morning trying to decide which one of the Tories I hate the most.  There's a Stuart Lee thing from years ago where he talks about which Top Gear host he hates more and it's Hammond, because he props Clarkson up regardless of what he does.

As Starmer rightly pointed out yesterday, Boris Johnson has been a known liar for two decades or more.  It's those who tag along and defend him that I despise the most.

I've chosen.  It's Raab.  He's just incredible.  That said, it's a close run race - so many contenders...

x
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Looking at that front bench yesterday with all them maskless (in >1 sense of the word) apart from Sunak, it's hard to pick.

However, if every backbencher donated a vertabrae each, I doubt you could assemble a single spine between them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sounds like a list time:

1. Patel
    2. Gove
    3. Rees-Mogg
    4. Dorris
    5. Truss
  • Javid was also masked. He was next to truss to her right.
  • Always up for a good list.

Raab
    Rees-Mogg
    Raab
    Zahawi
    Raab
    Raab
    Gove
    Truss
    Dorries (I pity her, but can't laugh as she's fucking dangerous)
    Raab
    Johnson.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rees Mogg is perhaps the most contemptible but it's very difficult. Like a shifty worm that has come out of hiding, emboldened by the poisonous , money grabbing atmosphere. Sitting there as leader of the House with the title and little responsibilty. The Hammond of the bunch.

Patel is a human with perhaps the least amount of empathy of them all and could be induced to do anything for advancement whether that's bumping kids into the sea, or bringing back the death penalty, there would be no limit to what she would implement and stand over.

The rest are acolytes at the alter of Johnson the demagogue. I haven't seen worse and that's saying something. Thatcher was dangerous because she was capable of doing things at a national level. Actually getting stuff done.

This lot are all about lining pockets but the collateral damage they do is probably worse.
  • Sunak is the only front bencher with half a brain. He knows what he is doing quietly separating himself from the rest.

Of all the Tories I dislike the most it is Steve Baker.
    The brains behind the ERG group that lurched us from a Norway style soft Brexit to a much harder, almost no deal Brexit (he would have gone no deal if he could). He along with Cummings put Johnson in No.10.
    He has been the head of the group pushing for fewer or no Covid restrictions.
    Reports today he is now looking to head up a group to go against carbon neutral goals.

Now with such strong visions of what Britain should be and with a conclave of sitting MPs he is sure to throw his hat in the ring to be the next leader and PM. Dont count on it, he is a conniving snake in the grass. A libertarian that represents the worst of right wing politics.

Much of the most egregious Tory policy around Covid or Brexit has come through him and by positioning himself as a backbench rebel leader he will outlive any PM and any frontbencher.
  • Am I reading this right that Truss has tested positive for COVID? 
    Sitting on the front benches, maskless? Feckless cont.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Fucking hell.

Are there two types of actual male species - civilised and scum just totally led by their dick? This and the recent stuff with greenwood honestly have me thinking that all men should be placed in a planet and just nuke the lot from orbit. Only way to be sure. We assume it's some bad apples but it's fucking whole orchards at this point. The whole crop is tainted.

Stop this planet of the apes, I want to get off.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fuck me that's awful. Truly truly awful.
    What is wrong with people??
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Putin’s declined to have today the call that Johnson missed yesterday. It may happen “at a later date”.

So much for all his posturing around Ukraine.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Fucking hell. Are there two types of actual male species - civilised and scum just totally led by their dick? This and the recent stuff with greenwood honestly have me thinking that all men should be placed in a planet and just nuke the lot from orbit. Only way to be sure. We assume it's some bad apples but it's fucking whole orchards at this point. The whole crop is tainted. Stop this planet of the apes, I want to get off.

Men in closed groups aren't good.
  • Dick would be out by now but her and Johnson appear to be propping each other up.

A frottage of failure.
  • davyK wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Fucking hell. Are there two types of actual male species - civilised and scum just totally led by their dick? This and the recent stuff with greenwood honestly have me thinking that all men should be placed in a planet and just nuke the lot from orbit. Only way to be sure. We assume it's some bad apples but it's fucking whole orchards at this point. The whole crop is tainted. Stop this planet of the apes, I want to get off.

Probably true but they don't seem to much better our in the open.

I read the greenwood stuff and I can't relate to it on any level. It's awful degradation of another person. The same with those police texts.

If anyone doubts toxic masculinity is a thing there's 2 great examples. Thing is, I think that while women get by far the worst of it, I think many of us men also suffer from it. It's the alpha bollocks shit that meant your look or hobby wasn't acceptable at school so you got picked on (as long as you were smaller or isolated of course). It's the sad tossers who jump gay men for kissing in public. It's the guys who square up for fisticuffs when someone looks the wrong way.

I'm tired of it so Lord knows how women have lasted this long without flame throwing the lot of us.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Probably true but they don't seem to much better our in the open. I read the greenwood stuff and I can't relate to it on any level. It's awful degradation of another person. The same with those police texts. If anyone doubts toxic masculinity is a thing there's 2 great examples. Thing is, I think that while women get by far the worst of it, I think many of us men also suffer from it. It's the alpha bollocks shit that meant your look or hobby wasn't acceptable at school so you got picked on (as long as you were smaller or isolated of course). It's the sad tossers who jump gay men for kissing in public. It's the guys who square up for fisticuffs when someone looks the wrong way. I'm tired of it so Lord knows how women have lasted this long without flame throwing the lot of us.

These are more enlightened times but so often enlightenment equals visibility, not a change of attitude. There is a caustic, toxic male sense of humour that can get very dark - particularly in stressful jobs and especially so with a closed feedback loop. There can almost be a competitive atmosphere as to who can be the most outrageous. This isn't an excuse but it's a reason and denying that's the case isn't sensible. It's a safe bet to say that certain responses to that statement I have made would engender anti-woke accusations.

Of course sensible people in that environment probably put up with it instead of challenging it. When in a crowd like that there tend to be sub groups who naturally gravitate to one another , each with different lines that don't get crossed.

But the challenge is knowing why would people laugh at a particular comment - deliberately being like that for a lark is one thing (though even with that I do believe attitudes to what is funny are changing and always will) but if it's a reflection on deep routed attitudes it's quite another.  It's easy to hide in amongst robust gallows humour and bonhomie.

The worst of us hide their beliefs and values.
  • New Savanta Comres poll:

Lab: 44% (+4)
    Con: 33% (+1)
    Lib: 9% (-2)
    Greens: 3% (-1)
    SNP: 4% (-1)

If repeated at a general election, around 140 Conservative MPs would lose their seats, including Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Iain Duncan Smith.
    https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1488524403067559944?s=21
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mid term though, innit?
  • Aside from how disgusting the comments are, they also strike me as being incredibly juvenile, it's the sort of thing you could imagine a bunch of schoolboys saying when they wanted to sound like their big brother or some shite.

I think it's quite sad (and also completely unacceptable) that this is how a chunk of men end up. Completely failed themselves in their own personal development and at some point failed by not being taught how disgusting and pernicious this kind of behaviour is and how it promotes a casual attitude to a whole bunch of stuff that can normalise this kind of mindset or even worse start minimising more serious issues to the point that all the lads are always joking about slapping their other halves, it's not like you punched her in the face or anything, oopsie daisy now you're a domestic abuser.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK wrote:
    … the challenge is knowing why would people laugh at a particular comment - deliberately being like that for a lark is one thing … but if it's a reflection on deep routed attitudes it's quite another.  It's easy to hide in amongst robust gallows humour and bonhomie.

I think everything you’ve said up there is measured, sensible and true. But I also think there are lines that nobody should be crossing and that people in a position of extreme trust and authority like Police Officers should definitely not be crossing. There’s gallows humour and then there’s just plain nasty. The deliberately hurtful, vindictive stuff is always deep-seated inferiority complexes lashing out. It shouldn’t be accepted.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    … the challenge is knowing why would people laugh at a particular comment - deliberately being like that for a lark is one thing … but if it's a reflection on deep routed attitudes it's quite another.  It's easy to hide in amongst robust gallows humour and bonhomie.
    I think everything you’ve said up there is measured, sensible and true. But I also think there are lines that nobody should be crossing and that people in a position of extreme trust and authority like Police Officers should definitely not be crossing. There’s gallows humour and then there’s just plain nasty. The deliberately hurtful, vindictive stuff is always deep-seated inferiority complexes lashing out. It shouldn’t be accepted.

I agree with that completely. There are standards we should be held to, particularly in positions of trust. It's safer to question those guy's suitability for the job they are in than to put it down to humour from behind the event horizon. On balance, they really should lose their job.
  • Roujin wrote:
    I think it's quite sad (and also completely unacceptable) that this is how a chunk of men end up. Completely failed themselves in their own personal development and at some point failed by not being taught how disgusting and pernicious this kind of behaviour is and how it promotes a casual attitude to a whole bunch of stuff that can normalise this kind of mindset or even worse start minimising more serious issues to the point that all the lads are always joking about slapping their other halves, it's not like you punched her in the face or anything, oopsie daisy now you're a domestic abuser.

Precisely what we aimed this film at. Bang-on. I’m proud of our clients at Police Scotland for letting us make that, when all they asked for was an ‘anti-rape’ advert. Hopefully other Police services will remember it next time they’re working on similar stuff and help slowly shift the conversation to how men end up so fucking awful so fucking often.
  • davyK wrote:
    Mid term though, innit?

I know but it’s nice to dream.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Mid term though, innit?
    I know but it’s nice to dream.

It's worth bearing in mind though that the figures are probably way out of whack even for a normal mid term - my guess is people in dark rooms will be poring over polls like that and "pricing in" the fuckwittery that is going on at the minute to predict an outcome. And if shaggy dog doesn't make the grade, then.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!