Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    GET THE METROID DREAD SPECIAL EDITION BEFORE IT SELLS OUT:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en_gb/metroid-dread-special-edition-000000000010007802.html
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The Nintendo conference made me very glad that I bought an Xbox.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Collectables with special editions are an example of missed opportunities. Colossal is their magnitude.  :(

Some games come with soundtrack discs which scratch certain itches but they are largely a waste of space.

Don't Nintendo only usually do a token show at E3? Do they not do their own thing any more?

Didn't watch it by the way - guessing that a Pilotwings / F-Zero announcement would hit me up the face via normal channels.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IIRC the last Metroid special edition sold out super quick - just want y'all to know it's there before it's too late!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • preordered the zelda game & watch
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Monkey Ball remasters.  I'm in.  Again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    HEY HEY HEY!!!!   And in all regions according to shmups.com.  Reports so far are good re lag etc.

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Three of the finest fucking games ever on Switch.

Dear Lord - if Futari drops onto Switch I'll shit myself and buy an arcade stick for it. Original Mushi on a console is my pick as I have the other two on 360.  Still....DFK BL Arrange on console too.

If original DDP drops that's the Daddy though.
  • I'm happy to keep buying these wherever they appear!

And yes, Futari would be sweeeeeeeet!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    yeah - we should be supporting them.   Reports are splash/credit screens show no use of middleware or dev frameworks like Unity which will explain the snappy controls....
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    preordered the zelda game & watch

Me too. I’m immune to the temptations of most gaming tat these days, but I make a special exception for Zelda.
    Get schwifty.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I don’t think Switch allows you plug in any controller either. I use the 8 bitdo adaptor to use a ds4 on the switch. It won’t work via a usb cable alone.

You might be right, actually. I'm using an 8BitDo device too.

£70 controllers can fuck right off, whatever the circumstances though.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    The Metroid stuff looked interesting but I am concerned it will feel as meh as Samus Returns did
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don’t think Switch allows you plug in any controller either. I use the 8 bitdo adaptor to use a ds4 on the switch. It won’t work via a usb cable alone.
    You might be right, actually. I'm using an 8BitDo device too. £70 controllers can fuck right off, whatever the circumstances though.

The joycons are the first thing I have ever been really disappointed with wrt Nintendo. Controllers were always very much a differentiator with them and the quality was always top tier. This gen I'm not convinced at all and the price is shameful.

They are grand with respect to their own IP - Mario World, MK have controlled just dandy. The drift stories concern me though.  And £70 for 2 controllers is OK with those games. But for 3rd party games you need two of them. And you don't have a dpad which you had with the wiimote. That compromises the SNES/NES library and the considerable library of 2D shmups.

And all the fucking about with charging if you have 2 sets. The joycon holder that came in the box should have had a charge point.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mushi £15 in UK store. :)
  • Missed trick with AW in my mind. Should’ve been all four games. AWDS is still the best out of the lot.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • This was they can sell you 3 and 4 next year for the same price as this collection
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The post Direct sale is now on. Went in to buy Treasure Tracker, ended up getting Alien Isolation. Both games for me are ahead of anything shown in the actual Direct except for BotW2 Upward Guff.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • The post Direct sale is now on. Went in to buy Treasure Tracker, ended up getting Alien Isolation. Both games for me are ahead of anything shown in the actual Direct except for BotW2 Upward Guff.

Did I not see you say you had an Xbox? Alien is on Gamepass just now.
  • g.man wrote:
    nxEbmCp.png

And even if there was there’s absolutely no way it would be called switch pro
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Has anyone here played "Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedelus etc"?

Started it the other day, but feel like the demo chapter (which is the intro) was a lot stronger than what I played from what came after. Already seen a few lazy grammar errors. Curious if the story will hold up or not.

Might be better off playing Ace Attorney Apollo Justice.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    The post Direct sale is now on. Went in to buy Treasure Tracker, ended up getting Alien Isolation. Both games for me are ahead of anything shown in the actual Direct except for BotW2 Upward Guff.

Did I not see you say you had an Xbox? Alien is on Gamepass just now.

Nah, I said I was going to get a Series S if no Switch Pro appears. Which I probably will do but, er, Isolation was 50% off and I was there and there was a big purchase button and I’m weak and everyone says the game is great so I did it. I just did it.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Can't remember where the Megaman chat was a couple of months ago but they're all on sale now. Megaman 11 is £12.49. The Legacy ones are around the £8 mark. I might hoover them all up. 

A lot of the Sega Ages stuff too. Virtua Racing is £2.57.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I expect I'll be on this soap box for a while, so apologies in advance. Advance-Wars-1-2-Reboot-Camp-switches-to-Switch.jpg That looks unnecessarily rough, right?  Like it's accidentally moved at least half a dozen squares into yikes territory.  Nintendo do have a history of sprucing things up between first trailers and launch (3D World and A Link Between Worlds both prettied themselves up substantially, iirc?), but I can't think of a grid battle strategy game that looks worse.  Into the Breach, Tiny Metal, Wargroove...each took a different approach to the visuals that worked far better than this does on first appearance.  Obviously plenty of people wanted them to announce this game (myself included), but did anyone watch that trailer and think yup, them's the gffx I wanted for an Advance Wars reboot? Gonzo mentioned Dread looking like it was developed by an undergrad student but at least you can see what they're aiming for with that style (even though I don't like it either).  At the moment AW looks like a cheap knock-up for an April Fool's tease circa 2010.

Reckon Fire Emblem 3 Houses graphics are a bit of a shocker.  I think it looks okay.  But worse than the GBA art.  Would have much rathered some tasteful 2D stuff.

Hopefully Switch is getting the new Metal Slug Tactics game; that's pretty much what I want these kinda things to look like!

When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That MS Tactics game looks great. Makes me wish I liked that sort of thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!