Nintendo Switch
  • Not sure. I’ve played Doom, Skyrim and Witcher 3 and they all played fine on Switch docked and handheld. Alien and Metro both got ok reviews on Switch also.

Not as good as Zelda BotW perhaps but then what is? Ain’t that right Bob?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Lol I got hyrule warriors for Father’s Day
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha, the lad has played a blinder there
  • Ha, the lad has played a blinder there

Yes he has! My wife did say that it’s unbelievable there’s no ps5 games out
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Lol I got hyrule warriors for Father’s Day

Aw, it’s the thought that counts!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I know apparently they couldn’t find any ps5 games and she couldn’t even find the series x section .. difficult to explain m$ strategy to a 6 year old
    The Forum Herald™
  • Should have stuck to the ham wraps.
  • We don’t take our own
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    New Hit Points newsletter dropped - it's Nathan Brown from Edge's new daily (well down to 3x a week) newsletter as he does his consulting.

He addressed the Switch Pro stuff -

Rather, it appears Nintendo pulled back, putting the announcement in a drawer because it wants to unveil the console on its own terms. Outlandish though this may sound, it makes plenty of sense, I think.

While I can’t get into specifics — I don’t want the ankle bracelet to explode — I have firsthand experience of Nintendo’s distaste for leaks and broken embargoes. I have also heard tell of it substantially changing its plans for at least one major gaming event in response to a leak. And there is public evidence of how seriously it treats this stuff: when details of Pokemon Sword & Shield leaked online before release, Nintendo and The Pokemon Company publicly outed and blacklisted the outlet responsible. “To surprise and delight players through new experiences is a shared passion for Nintendo and The Pokemon Company,” the two companies said in a statement at the time. “We will pursue all avenues to preserve surprises for players of future Pokemon titles."
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    SMTV collector's edition just got announced. Comes with a box, a soundtrack, a Steelbook, an artbook and a GODDAMN BAGGG!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is Wonky Donkey a mini game?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    SMTV collector's edition just got announced. Comes with a box, a soundtrack, a Steelbook, an artbook and a GODDAMN BAGGG!!

You and I have discussed this on Twitter, the marketplace of ideas, but YES

• So a week down the line, is it really only me suffering the download issue?

Fixed.

A week on, some Nintendo Switch fans say they're still unable to download games and updates • Eurogamer.net

That relaxing calm of the kids no longer fighting over the Series X.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

I logged onto Atlus website at 5pm, preorder button doesn’t work. Out now.
  • My £20 father's day EShop voucher and my gold points and the remains of my my wallet have bought me

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (release date: tomorrow, outlook: HYPE)
    Part Time UFO (30% off, down to £5ish)

and
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I logged onto Atlus website at 5pm, preorder button doesn’t work. Out now.

Apparently it will go live on Atlus website at the same time as some retailers' sites.  I don't know which retailers that is though.
  • Is it worth upgrading my lite to
    A full
    Fat version now?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Y
    Es
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

You and I have discussed this on Twitter, the marketplace of ideas, but YES

Marketplace of ideas my arse.
    Marketplace of wrongly suspending people more like.

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bob wrote:
    Is it worth upgrading my lite to
    A full
    Fat version now?

I have both. In my opinion the Lite is far better for handheld play - it's actually a portable size and weight for starters. However, you really do want to play these games on a TV when possible.

• Just got a bigger 400GB memory card in the Amazon Prime sale. What’s the best way to transfer over from one memory card to another? Remove all games except their save files (which I’ve already done for most games except the most frequently/currently played), stick save files in the cloud and then download it all back onto new card?

Any tips? Alien Isolation, Metro Redux and Skyward Sword incoming so gonna need that new space.
  • If you have the means to attach a micro SD to a PC, then good simple drag and drop to the desktop and back to the new card will work.

Outside of that I'm not sure.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bob wrote:
    Is it worth upgrading my lite to A full Fat version now?
    I have both. In my opinion the Lite is far better for handheld play - it's actually a portable size and weight for starters. However, you really do want to play these games on a TV when possible.

Yeah we have both.

It's more the timing of buying one now and then the pro-getting announce or released.

Fucking Hyrule warriors doesn't appear to have any mid mission save so if the boy hasn't finished by bed time he either loses his progress or I can't play. It's fucking typical ignorance of handheld play.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The Pro is a fucking myth thats been rumoured for ages but never comes to anything.
    If you want a Switch buy one.
  • Apparently the official announcement date is set for “One day after Bob buys an old one”. Make of that what you will.
  • The pro is coming. I quite fancy a Lite as my own Switch, leaving the full fat below the TV for the kids but I’m going to hold out now for Switch Pro. Happy to wait 6-12 months. Also, not a big fan of the Lite colours currently. If they did an all black with a price discount then maybe.
  • @Cinty I don't doubt that for a second. It's the Nintendo way.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • i don't really see why everyone is holding out for a Pro?  If you want games in 4K 60-120fps, get a PS5/Series X?

The current Switch is great as it is and no matter what, the Pro still wont come close to the other consoles out already.
  • People just like new stuff I guess.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • PS5 and Series X are new ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!