Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Romania trip shaping up, going to visit the castle that was the inspiration for Lady Dimitrescu's castle in Resi 8 and ngl I am pretty excited about it.

I'll harass the missus for those recs
  • nick_md wrote:
    Romania trip shaping up, going to visit the castle that was the inspiration for Lady Dimitrescu's castle in Resi 8 and ngl I am pretty excited about it.

Sorry to break it to you, but Dommy Mommy will not be there Nick.
  • Caravan season again. Jollyboys outing Friday to Sunday. Hype. Gonna make everyone watch Titanic.
  • nick_md wrote:

Sorry to break it to you, but Dommy Mommy will not be there Nick.

Packing some stilts for the gf, I got this don't worry.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Maybe not quite a holiday but I have had green light from Head today for back on expedition turf for 2024 (my first since Venezuela in 2014) and also as lead person(!)

It's looking like it's either Borneo or Himalayan India at present. Excited.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Caravan season again. Jollyboys outing Friday to Sunday. Hype. Gonna make everyone watch Titanic.

Tilly's got the lurgy so sillybuggers is off. My dad visited yesterday, I've only seen him twice since 2019, then he went straight to my sister's place hopefully not covered in covid. None of us have had it since it kicked off afaik, timing definitely could have been better. She's tucked up in bed rn and my colleagues have sent me home, good for them. Been dreading her getting it because of how awful she is with general colds. Seems okay at the moment though, just midly rough.
  • That's rough Moot, sorry. Hope she's able to shake it off quickly, and bad luck on the weekend shenanigans
  • Cheers. I'm sure she'll be fine, she just has a tendency to not do well with any temperature spikes so I'm anticipating 48hrs of worryworting. I've put a TV in her room so she's quite happy tucked up in bed watching anything on Netflix with the word cat in the title.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Maybe not quite a holiday but I have had green light from Head today for back on expedition turf for 2024 (my first since Venezuela in 2014) and also as lead person(!) It's looking like it's either Borneo or Himalayan India at present. Excited.

That sounds great.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Maybe not quite a holiday but I have had green light from Head today for back on expedition turf for 2024 (my first since Venezuela in 2014) and also as lead person(!) It's looking like it's either Borneo or Himalayan India at present. Excited.

That sounds great.

It'll be less great once Reg's head tells him that they're sticking to the traditional British school trip transport of getting a coach.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I’m going to Paris in a week or two and will be doing all the regular tourist trap Paris stuff and thus will be fairly central for most of the time.  Anyone know the city at all and have any recs for informal drop in eating rather than the tourist trap shite places or 3star grand a head jobs?  TYVM in advance.
  • Just wander down some side streets and look at the menus outside the restaurants.  They pretty much all have them.  We had some cracking meals just picking places at random.  Also ask the concierge at the hotel if there's anywhere local they can recommend.  We did that in Florence (we wanted bistecca alla fiorentina) and ended up at a wee place having one of the best meals I've ever had.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    One of my team mates is Italian and has given me a Florence fiorentina rec which I'm hoping to hit up in August, as it happens.

As for Paris, I've only ever winged it too. But that's generally gone pretty well. They love an English tourist over there.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Make sure you click your fingers and say garçon, Del boy style, for best service.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Make sure you use the correct articles when ordering too. Nobody wants the masculine version of a crème brûlée.
  • I’m going to Paris in a week or two and will be doing all the regular tourist trap Paris stuff and thus will be fairly central for most of the time.  Anyone know the city at all and have any recs for informal drop in eating rather than the tourist trap shite places or 3star grand a head jobs?  TYVM in advance.

PM your hotel / street and arrondissement, how long you are staying, eg 3 nights, and I will craft some suggested places on the way to some usual sights if I can . I will almost certainly recommend atelier lumière though, irrespective of how old the sprogs are or their interest in art - it's mind blowing and will make an art lover out of anyone. Can visit père blachaise cemetery after, or just head back on the tube.

Basically as much as possible you want walks, a walk that will take a day with kids, with stops along the way for food, parks, cool stuff and a touristy thing. Then take the tube back. Paris is meant to be walked in as much as possible!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
    PM your hotel / street and arrondissement, how long you are staying, eg 3 nights, and I will craft some suggested places on the way to some usual sights if I can . I will almost certainly recommend atelier lumière though, irrespective of how old the sprogs are or their interest in art - it's mind blowing and will make an art lover out of anyone. Can visit père blachaise cemetery after, or just head back on the tube. Basically as much as possible you want walks, a walk that will take a day with kids, with stops along the way for food, parks, cool stuff and a touristy thing. Then take the tube back. Paris is meant to be walked in as much as possible!

My man!  Will send over later on but big yeah to walking though, that’s how we normally handle our city visits.
    Tacky must haves are; 
    Me - look the shit out of the Mona Lisa.
    Kids and wife - THE TOWER.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Just wander down some side streets and look at the menus outside the restaurants.  They pretty much all have them.  We had some cracking meals just picking places at random.  Also ask the concierge at the hotel if there's anywhere local they can recommend.  We did that in Florence (we wanted bistecca alla fiorentina) and ended up at a wee place having one of the best meals I've ever had.

This is also good to know.  I was a bit worried we might be stuck in tourist hell with a mass of chain restaurants or those independents that just give you crap because they know you’re never coming back.

Florence is just about my most favourite place in the world btw so nice to know good stuff happened for you whilst there.  It’s an incredible place but much better and nicer once July and August are out of the way.  All that marble and ten trillion extra visitors make the temperature and mood a bit too peaky at times.
  • First proper sunny holiday since 2019. Corfu with my extended Scottish family. Luckily everyone gets on. 23-24°, just perfect. 2 villas, 2 pools with a seas view in walking distance of a small Greek village.
    PXL-20220509-123545246.jpg

PXL-20220509-155616343.jpg

PXL-20220509-155640548.jpg

This is living.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Very nice!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We're going Italy in August, first time out of the UK since 2019. Hopefully Norfolk for May half term too.
  • Just back from our fourth trip to Alvor in the Algarve. Temperatures all week (with one exception) were mid to high 20s. Beautiful. Did a trip out in a boat this time to go into the caves and try to spot some dolphins (no joy). Sigh lovely place. I don't have the photos off the camera yet, must post one or two.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Anyone got any North Norfolk recs?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If by “recs”, you mean Alan Partridge quotes, sure.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We have a week in Crail booked in a nice Air BnB and at present that still feels adventurous for a couple (family) who have been to Tokyo 4 times.
  • Crail is small and don't believe the hype about the chipper.  It's just a chipper.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Anyone got any North Norfolk recs?

I hear the Linten Travel Tavern is quite nice
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmmm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!