Casually bump into g.man, Gav and Unlikely
    Drink some Buckfast in a street with some neds and get battered by them
    Track and catch a haggis
    Selfie with Nessie
    Deep-fried Mars Bar

Have I missed anything?

Become addicted to heroin?
  • Vitamin D deficiency?
  • Ach, I’m only being silly and hopefully not causing offence after a few beers. 
    Very, very excited to visit this astounding-looking country. Only done it once years ago, which was a mad dash from Sunderland to visit a friend’s (oil rig worker) dad who got ill and had to be choppered off to Aberdeen hospital. Straight there and back.
    Want to do it right this time.
  • You'll have a great time Hyde. Scotland is so beautiful and I love visiting when I can.
    Just love the wife open spaces and gorgeous countryside. Stunning
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That’s what I’m after. It’s so brown and enclosed here, I need a contrast! 
    I always get excited to come back to the UK in the summer. Already drooling for fish and chips, beer gardens and some lovely (heart attack-inducing) grub. And the beers! Choice here is crap, can’t wait for a good selection.
  • I love the UK as a piece of land. It's beautiful.
    We have some truly gorgeous countryside to explore here in England but Scotland is something else.
    I will have to find an excuse to go there again soon
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Some of these exclude the others.  If you want proper, (almost) unspoiled Scotland head to Assynt* for amazing mountains/walks/views.  If you want to casually bump into me you'll need to head (almost) to the NE coast (DON'T go to Aberdeen) and G and Gav are 150 miles south west (but that's where to go for your Buckie/NED experience). 

I've never been to a distillery as whisky isn't really my thing.  Loch Ness is 100% touristy, although you can still have some fun (we did when we stayed at Fort Augustus last year but exhausted it of things to do within a few days).

*Example:  Suilven, in Assynt.

Suilven.jpg

Finally, I have never had a deep fried Mars Bar nor caught a haggis.

I'm biased, because I live here, but Royal Deeside it really great.

You're welcome.
  • ❤️ Thank you ❤️
  • No pressure, but popping in and seeing one of my all-timers @Gremill for a cheeky pint would be great if possible.
  • Hyde wrote:
    No pressure, but popping in and seeing one of my all-timers @Gremill for a cheeky pint would be great if possible.
    What a lovely thing to say mate, I'd love to meet you for a pint. However, I actually live in the North East of England. :(
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Beautiful County Durham, no? The beers were flowing last night, but the sentiment remains. I hope you are doing well.
  • Hyde wrote:
    Beautiful County Durham, no? The beers were flowing last night, but the sentiment remains. I hope you are doing well.

That's the one - you're always welcome for a pint around here.
  • Having a great time at Legoland today with the kids.
    Our ham wraps were delicious
  • lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just love the wife open spaces and gorgeous countryside.

Tell me more about these wife open spaces.

• Hyde wrote:
    That’s what I’m after. It’s so brown and enclosed here, I need a contrast! 
    I always get excited to come back to the UK in the summer. Already drooling for fish and chips, beer gardens and some lovely (heart attack-inducing) grub. And the beers! Choice here is crap, can’t wait for a good selection.

Where you based nowadays, Hyde? Been a while, you know.
  • 3e0e9256-3d4c-4fcd-ab0f-1feff199fa77.jpg
  • In sequence you can see Terror, shock and mania
  • Brilliant
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Day 1 of my six weeks of holiday and I've spent the day doing the big shop, visiting my sister, washing all the clothes and cleaning the house. Absolutely woop woop let's get mashed lads.
  • Hyde wrote:
    That’s what I’m after. It’s so brown and enclosed here, I need a contrast!  I always get excited to come back to the UK in the summer. Already drooling for fish and chips, beer gardens and some lovely (heart attack-inducing) grub. And the beers! Choice here is crap, can’t wait for a good selection.
    Where you based nowadays, Hyde? Been a while, you know.

Still in the Canary Islands, been about 11 years here now. Christ…
  • Never fly with Easyjet mate.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm in training so can't take annual leave. So missus has fucked off to Italy for five days.

Thanks love.
  • I'm in training so can't take annual leave. So missus has fucked off to Italy for five days.

Thanks love.

And we’re both having a lovely time out here.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    She said she met a handsome UK geezer so please be gentle. I'll keep the house if you can tempt her.
  • Never fly with Easyjet mate.

Just wanted to give this the credit that it deserved.
    I chuckled
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    3e0e9256-3d4c-4fcd-ab0f-1feff199fa77.jpg
    In sequence you can see Terror, shock and mania

Because those are not your kids.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Looking for places to eat in Edinburgh. Here's what I've found online and remembering from here -

BURGERS - Bread Meats Bread, Fat Hippo

CURRY - Dishoom

BBQ - ???

JAPANESE (not sushi, thanks) - ???

Is it pretty easy to walk in and sit down, or should I expect to queue?
    Also, any must-see places for a 9 yr old boy and myself, pls. Going to be there for a couple of days.
    THANK YOU!
  • Dishoom is outstanding, good shout there.

You don’t fancy any modern Scottish food while you’re there? Places like Timberyard, The Kitchin and The Free Company are excellent.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!