Holidays
  • Thanks for the tips guys, very helpful.
    And what about a good Scottish fry-up?
  • Down the Hatch South Queensferry or Roseleaf any cop? The skillets in DTH look good, even the Mexican-style one.
    Anybody sampled?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How's the Capri sun?

Pretty brutal, but better than that in London right now.

hylian_elf wrote:
    Yep. Lovely place.
    Visit Positano if you can and also Amalfi.

Done and done.
  • Nice one. I loved my Italy trip. We did Venice with a day trip to Verona, Sorrento with visits to Pompeii, Capri, Positano and Amalfi, and did Rome before coming home.

Holidays before the kids were amazing. Now it’s just beach and pool. 

Still. Looking forward to Maldives in a month. Just hoping Heathrow don’t cancel our flights.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hyde wrote:
    Down the Hatch South Queensferry or Roseleaf any cop? The skillets in DTH look good, even the Mexican-style one. Anybody sampled?

Lots of folk love Down the Hatch. I wasn't overly impressed, tbh. Like a poor man's Bread Meets Bread. My burger was fine, my wife's veggie burger was rotten. My loaded fries were mediocre.  

Needed to download an app to order food and there was no wifi so ordering was a bit of a pain in the ass.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Down the Hatch is fine, as Matty has said. If you were going burger I'd still say Bells. No need for app anymore (we went in May). It does good pr and Instagram but food isn't always as gold.

The Roseleaf is an absolute delight.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Nice one. I loved my Italy trip. We did Venice with a day trip to Verona, Sorrento with visits to Pompeii, Capri, Positano and Amalfi, and did Rome before coming home.

Holidays before the kids were amazing. Now it’s just beach and pool. 

Still. Looking forward to Maldives in a month. Just hoping Heathrow don’t cancel our flights.

Maldives with kids? Wow son
  • Back from our holiday in Yorkshire during which we had the pleasure of meeting the predictably lovely Tin and his equally lovely wife for lunch.

Tin.jpg
  • Lovely! Tin looks nothing like how I imagined
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I knew Tin looked like that because I've stalked him on the internet.  Unlikely looks nothing like how I imagined tho.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Didn't know Steve Carell and Domhnall Gleeson were even gay, let alone an item
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Back from our holiday in Yorkshire during which we had the pleasure of meeting the predictably lovely Tin and his equally lovely wife for lunch.

I considered going with an "I've never seen that man before in my life" gag, but I can't bring myself to do it. I can confirm that Unlikely and his family are every bit as lovely, and it was a genuine delight to meet them. My wife asked me why it's taken me this long to meet any of you, given how nice the Unlikely clan are, so I had to carefully explain that the rest of you are terrifying.
    Tin looks nothing like how I imagined

Somebody said that last time there was a photo of me on here, and it always makes me wonder whether the real me is a step up, or a crashing disappointment...
  • "What about that one you mentioned who works for the GMC?"
  • Unlikely is there a bear on your tshirt? In which case are you both wearing bear tshirts??
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • What a happy looking pair of blokes. Massive grins.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Hope no one is booking EasyJet. If you have, 100% take out insurance.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • They absolutely fucked me at Gatwick a month or two back. Had to stump up for a BA flight from City to get home.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    More expensive? Did you claim back the difference?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Unlikely is there a bear on your tshirt? In which case are you both wearing bear tshirts??

Tin's had a bear.  Mine sadly did not.
  • More expensive? Did you claim back the difference?

Work was paying, not my problem. But a hell of a lot more expensive, yes. Especially after the wasted £115 taxi to get me to Gatwick on time in the first place.
  • Flying to Ibiza end of July with Ryanair, hope they don't fuck me tbh.

In other bastard news, just looking for train tickets for me and the missus to go see my mum last week of July, £400+, and that's with a railcard for us too! Absolute madness and has actually pissed me off quite a lot. (We're not going now obvs, will go some other time).

£400+ for two people to get a train from London to Chester ffs.
  • Nick, if you booked a ticket to leave at 3:30am on a different day than you want to travel, on an obscure website that has since closed down, during the correct phase of the moon before the pandemic began you'd have been able to get that ticket for just £8.97, providing that someone else hadn't bought the one available ticket at that price before you.
  • I see Dante has used the UK’s rail services before.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Back from our holiday in Yorkshire during which we had the pleasure of meeting the predictably lovely Tin and his equally lovely wife for lunch.

I considered going with an "I've never seen that man before in my life" gag, but I can't bring myself to do it. I can confirm that Unlikely and his family are every bit as lovely, and it was a genuine delight to meet them. My wife asked me why it's taken me this long to meet any of you, given how nice the Unlikely clan are, so I had to carefully explain that the rest of you are terrifying.
    Tin looks nothing like how I imagined

Somebody said that last time there was a photo of me on here, and it always makes me wonder whether the real me is a step up, or a crashing disappointment...

Did he ask about his belt for the 10000x time
  • Unlikely wrote:

Tin.jpg

That is a lovely pic. Looks like you both had a great time.
    Always heart-warming to see forumites meeting up.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    no chance ur fucking me in the ear unlikely defo not twink enough
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good to see that all t-shirts have at least one animal on then
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuming that my trip to Yorkshire didn't get this treatment though
  • Who's the guy on the left? I assume unlikely is taking the picture.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!