Blood Bowl 2
  • Aw man there's no dinosaurs this time, or not yet anyway.
  • The only human teams should be Humans and, I don't know, I s'pose the Norse were an ok idea.

I might have to get this then. I recall the version of Blood Bowl they use not being the one I used to play though, so that rankled a bit last time around.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Aw man there's no dinosaurs this time, or not yet anyway.

Lizardmen are PS4 pre order exclusive. But we all know they'll be on the marketplace with the Bone exclusive Wood Elves in no time.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Aw man there's no dinosaurs this time, or not yet anyway.

Lizardmen? They're the 'team to beat' at tournaments, apparently. All that jumping around.
    The only human teams should be Humans and, I don't know, I s'pose the Norse were an ok idea. I might have to get this then. I recall the version of Blood Bowl they use not being the one I used to play though, so that rankled a bit last time around.

Never played Norse. It's odd, really, I think Blood Bowl was the only GW Fantasy game with Norse in it. Not that BB was 'canon' anyway, but still. Amazon teams are apparently quite good. Imagine slightly slower, slightly tougher, less skilled Elves, but everyone has Dodge.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The beauty of BB is the levelling. Rolled a double on a level up before so it enabled me to give one my throwers the mighty throw strength ability.

I remember giving Beastmen the pass ability for chaos teams for makeshift passers.
  • Yeah, the models for Norse looked nice. Humans with less armour and blitzers with frenzy, essentially. Nice tweak.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    No idea what race I'm going to create first. Might play Chaos or Orc. Never done those before.
  • Holy shit, serious geekologists up in this thread - you're all making me want to play this with all yer gibberish.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • They're certainly fucking geeks :-)
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I remember not liking the Star Player implementation last time. I guess it was from a later version of Blood Bowl?

Should just be able to purchase one for your team instead of renting them out. Morg 'n' Thorg, what an animal. Griff Oberwald, The Mighty Zug, Gnashrak Blackhoof... SO GOOD.

Halfling teams were the best, of course. In a way.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pretty sure you buy them this time.
  • I wish they'd do a digital version of Team Manager
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Pretty sure you buy them this time.
    NICE!

morg.jpg
  • My star player was called Consuela. Sometimes she fell over her own tail or something but the Luggage Mob remained terribly proud of her.
  • I had a team in Blood Bowl called the Lustria Luvvies. Can't find the roster now but all the names were obviously reptile/amphibian puns mixed in with actors/actresses. Because that's how Blood Bowl is done.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    No idea what race I'm going to create first. Might play Chaos or Orc. Never done those before.

Go Orc. The game plan is simple - punch the snot out of 'em until you make a nice hole in their lines, then go for the touch down.
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    They're certainly fucking geeks :-)

*waves* Hello.
    Tempy wrote:
    I had a team in Blood Bowl called the Lustria Luvvies.

Bonus points for the alliterative team name, which is also how it's done.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, I've had many a front line smashed to pieces on turn one to know that is the Orc way!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There's a great bit of fluff in the table top rule book, which is the Orc game plan, goes something like this:

1. hit everyfink
    2. continoo hittin everyfink
    3. if dere's nuffin left to hit, check if yoo got da ball
    4. if yoo hav, try to score one of dem points
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hehe.

So this is what I was on about from the mighty Gamesradar.
    A rejuvenated campaign mode showcases the game’s dark humour as you take a once great team from professional stagnancy to glory - it’s a satisfying way to get to grips with the game’s many nuances, but it does showcase the imbalances between the eight different races. Some, such as the dark elves offer more player types to build your team with, but others inexplicably have fewer choices, effectively limiting the variety of tactics they can employ. 

Lollaroo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Lol Gamesradar.
  • Guys confirm the follwing pls:

1. Are halfling teams in?
    2. Are goblin teams in?

Everything else is not even relevant because throwing your guy into the endzone for the touchdown was the best thing eva in the table top game.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No stunties from what I know. I never actually saw someone pull off a Throw Teammate action, often the guys that have the relevant skill also have a rubbish Agility.
  • The rate of success of said action should never be a consideration when it comes to throwing players. 

1. Get Ball
    2. Throw player attempt. 
    3. ????
    4. Usually lose the game. But no one remembers that, they only remember the one time you fucking destroyed their wanky attempt to play properly by pitching one of your little shitty guys straight into the end zone.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Gobbos are the best, especially when a fanatic goes rogue and wipes out his whole line. Praise Nuffles.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Halflings are the joke team for try hards.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Iirc all 24 teams were in the last game eventually. I imagine putting all 24 in the initial game would be a nightmare for the developer.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Also, can't any player with the Right Stuff ability be thrown? My Blood Bowl knowledge is a little fuzzy but when I was levelling up my ogre yesterday he could learn Throw Teammate.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Are Dark Elves still the strongest meta team? As long as they release them last.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    The rate of success of said action should never be a consideration when it comes to anything in Blood Bowl.

FTFY. At my group we had the saying "it's not the smart thing to do, it's the Blood Bowl thing to do" before going for moronic hail Mary plays. :)
    Tempy wrote:
    Gobbos are the best, especially when a fanatic goes rogue and wipes out his whole line. Praise Nuffles.

We had a green skin league for a while, that was great fun. Gobbos with pogo sticks FTW. Though they're an epic murder target.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Halflings are the joke team for try hards.

A lot of teams are like that in the table top game. Khemri, Chaos Pact, Nurgle, Halflings and a few others are double hard to play just to give the super hardcore guys something to aspire to.
  • Would we be able to set up a B&B BB league? Is the option there?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!